In search of a body

Rex
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: In search of a body

#301 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim unused to this hugging just takes it as it is meant as a friend trying to comfort a friend he does appear a bit awkward standing stock still as he is hugged but he does breakout a smile afterwards "Thank ya Turnip. Yeah we done somethin' real good I'm thinkin'."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by sastaz »

Turnip is fine with resting first btw

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Rex »

Morning of the 2nd of Nolus. Summer. New plans.

The night passes without incident. Everyone awakens refreshed and feeling particularly good. The morning is bright and sunny.

I will let everyone start to make some plans on what next, perhaps getting some supplies to fix up the outpost. Then I will start a new thread.

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 105, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), SMP 16, Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 39, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 41, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (M1 left calf, EE), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (-5), Phy Pen (-5/-5), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 36, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir offers up some healing to Murgar

He starts with Prayer To Elkyri, to seek help from Eynwif:

Percentage: [1d100]=77

An MF.

Here is the healing (psionic) roll:

Percentage: [1d100]=1

MS
Last edited by shaidar on Tue May 16, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#305 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

After Arngeir prays he thanks Sarajin and Arngeir.

"Thank Sarajin for Arngeir and his faithful service. When we have a plan or options I will be happy to make a reading to determine the fates surrounding that path."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by sastaz »

Turnip doesn't know much about rusted gates or stuck doors but suggest they visit a blacksmith. Maybe he knows how to disolve rust? Or was there another reason the porticulis was stuck? I don't think the boys ever told her specifically? Also, she shows the others her dagger blade and asks if they know how it could be repaired and by who? If they don't know she might want to ask the blacksmith that as well.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Rex »

Sir Gelot

"I am tasked with patrolling these lands and making sure they are safe for travelers. I thank you all for your aid and in slaying the Drake. You have also helped with the Foul Spawn. I will be leaving now to return to my duties, but offer you aid in return. I shall not mention your outpost and will check in on you here from time to time as I wander the area. I am sure our paths crossed for some reason and that they will again in the future. If you need me I can be difficult to find quickly as I rarely stay in one place for very long, but if I hear word you need me I will come as soon as I can. Until then, well met Friends!"

Sir Gerolt finishes reading his gear and heads back towards the Genin Trail.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Rex »

Volin

A little later after Sir Gerolt has left.

"I can help here if you will have me. I am a fire mage and am alchemist, this would be a great place for me to do my work undisturbed. I can keep an eye on the outpost when you are not here and help when you are. I would contribute to re-building and your endeavors when I can as well."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

To Sir Gerolt

"Thank you Sir Gerolt. Have friends here if you need us."

To Volin

"Is good idea, having friend to look after outpost, one who can make us potions, too"

He grins at Volin, before addressing the whole group "Now, need to get to town before beastie starts to go bad, leather needs treatment to be good armour. Also need something for portcullis. Not sure what. New parts? Oil?" he looks at the two dwarves, a questioning look on his face.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Rex »

Volin

"Parts for sure, a new winch and chain. I don't think rope would hold long under that kind of weight even if we could get it to work. I will think some on it and maybe I can come up with some sort of magic to help lift it."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#311 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim gives Sir Gerolt a warriors salute "Glad fer yer help an fer checkin in on us from time ta time." to Volin he nds his head "Yer welcome ta stay an help keep an eye on thin's an help us get this place inta tip top shape."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by sastaz »

Turnip waves Sir Gerolt farewell too.

"Yeah, good luck on your travels now sir. I hope your crops will grow and that you will find a nice lady that can bestow small Gerolts upon you."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#313 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Well met Sir Gerolt, may Sarajin watch over you in your travels. You have friends here indeed. While I have no claim on this keep, I think those that do would welcome you Volin. As for myself, yes if others are settling here, then this could be the place Sarajin is leading me to. But I agree we need to get this beast to town before time destroys as only time can."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by sastaz »

So, I take it we're going to the nearest settlement that might house a smith, woodworker, leatherworker or something similar?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by Rex »

The nearest settlement is a village that caters to the caravan trade. The nearest major settlement is Burzyn, the capitol of Chybisa.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by shaidar »

How many miles/days travel to Burzyn? Where are we on the map, east of Geda on the trail, or between Geda and Burzyn? I assume Burzyn is our best shot for a leatherworker good enough to treat special hide and make armour, plus a decent blacksmith that doesn't just do horseshoes. Anyone know how long the bits of the creature will last.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Rex »

You are in square L7, just north of the Genin Trail, NW of Burzyn. My more detailed map says you need to follow the old road south about 2.5 miles to the ruins of Darcen village, then 2.5 more miles south to the Genin trail. then you follow the trail WSW for about another 5 miles to the village of Meldun (the first village you come to in the kingdom of Chybisa). So a total of 10 miles to the village. The village is about 12 miles from Burzyn, passing through another 4 villages and a toll house to cross the Ulmerien river. Burzyn is the capitol and largest settlement by far in the area. Even loaded down you can walk 10 miles in a day (2.5 off trail, 2.5 on a trail, and 5 on a major caravan route).

Geda is further east past Burzyn another 20 miles approximately past Burzyn.

Burzyn is the seat of the king. Has an approximate population of 500 people. The castle is the only castle on Harn held by humans that was designed and built by the Khuzdul (dwarves). It is considered the most impressive fortification outside of Azadmere itself (the Dwarven kingdom). There are often Dwarves present in Burzyn, usually engineers, masons, and/or merchants. Where the outpost is used to be along a road that led to the dwarven kingdom of Azadmere. Long out of use due to Orcs mostly but also other monsters.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by shaidar »

I guess the journey would be easier if he had a mount to help carry the drake. At 360d, I doubt we could afford a horse each, but we another pack animal?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Rex »

You have Volin's donkey.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by shaidar »

Arngier

"Could return to village and stay night before heading to Burzyn. If leave early and hurry will get to city next day. Might even be caravan from village to travel with. City have best blacksmiths, I'm sure, and armourers too."
Last edited by shaidar on Wed May 24, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”