Ch. 2: Into The Tomb of Horrors

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 2: Into The Tomb of Horrors

#281 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa / top of chest

Elsa surveys the room and will strike an asp if in reach. If there are none, she'll throw her trident at an asp, assuming no living comrades are nearby should she miss.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Zhym »

What's left our heroes are finally able to act first (Initiative: [1d6] = 3).

Zoster's wolf yelps and drops the asp that bit it. The wolf tries to bite the snake again, but the injured asp is too fast.

Xale springs over into action and over a chest to protect Worren. His mighty hammer turns the snake into asp paste. He turns to the asp that the wolf was fighting and flattens its head with another well-placed hammer blow.

Mason fires a crossbow at the snake that killed Fosco. Elsa finishes it off with a well-placed trident throw.

All the snakes are now dead. Zoster and Worren neutralize the poison in their systems.

The chest that held the asps is empty.
Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 10.11.30 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 10.11.30 AM.png (156.83 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Status: Xale (F8/C8): 53/54; Malvexa (F0): 5/6; Elsa (F10): 57/58; Zoster (F9/D12): 74/76; Wolf: 11/12; Malibran (C10): Dead (53/68); Worren (C9/MU11): 52/53; Halbrad (F10): Dead (60/61); Mason (Mk10): 34/56; Fosco (T12): Dead (26/48)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa / asp room

"Yurtrus* feasts here," mutters Elsa, hopping down from the chest.

The half-orc swordswoman shakes her head in sadness for fallen comrades. She gathers the dead adventurers in line, covering their faces.

"Do any of you have magics to raise the dead?" asks Elsa of the group.

"Perhaps these asps could serve us," wonders the green skinned fighter. Elsa tries, carefully, to see if she can coat her sword tip in asp poison from their venom sac glands.
* Orc deity of death and disease.

Not to be cold about this, but it would help simple fighter Elsa's chances of survival if she could...honor the dead by utilizing some of their magic items.

Can I have Malibran's Plate armor +2 and potion of levitation; and Fosco's ring of invisibility and boots of speed?

Their other items are suited to different classes.

I would hope, should Elsa die, that her equipment would help survivors get through the dungeon successfully.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by max_vale »

Xale glanced over at his Half-orc companion and replies; "I don't have any dweomers to bring back the fallen Lady Warrior; but I DO have some that will hopefully get rid of the poison coursing through the veins of one of our fallen party at the least; and the hopefully some of my fellow Clerics may indeed have the ability to bring back the departed...."

With that; Xale moves to Malibran and first casts Slow Poison; and then Neutralize Poison on him.
Last edited by max_vale on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Zhym »

Grognardsw wrote:"Perhaps these asps could serve us," wonders the green skinned fighter. Elsa tries, carefully, to see if she can coat her sword tip in asp poison from their venom sac glands.
The venom, if extracted, would not stick to a sword for long. Only one trained in the creation and use of poisons would be able to convert the asps' venom into something with the proper viscosity and adhesion characteristics to be properly used on a weapon.
In terms of game mechanics: I'd allow an attempt to extract the venom if you have an empty vial to hold it. I would, however, require a 3d6 skill check vs. dexterity for each snake to avoid accidentally poking yourself while extracting the venom. Once extracted, the venom could be applied to a weapon during combat, but one round would have to be spent preparing the weapon for use the next round. The venom of two snakes, successfully extracted, would allow one application.

Poison used in this manner gives opponents a +2 on their saving throws (see DMG p. 21).

Lawful or good characters will not use poison.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#286 Post by NJWilliam »

Worren

"Aye, I should be able to bring them back. Though without rest, we must choose one of them, I'll need to rest before I raise a second.
"I can also summon a shelter for us that should be secure for 12 hours.
"We need to choose a location for the shelter first, I should fashion it before I work with the dead, that is an exhausting feat."

ooc: Worren will cast Leomund's Secure Shelter where the party chooses that he is able to, and will then cast Raise Dead on Halbrad.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#287 Post by zebediah »

NJWilliam wrote:Worren

"Aye, I should be able to bring them back. Though without rest, we must choose one of them, I'll need to rest before I raise a second.
"I can also summon a shelter for us that should be secure for 12 hours.
"We need to choose a location for the shelter first, I should fashion it before I work with the dead, that is an exhausting feat."

ooc: Worren will cast Leomund's Secure Shelter where the party chooses that he is able to, and will then cast Raise Dead on Halbrad.
I suggest we retreat outside, taking the bodies of our companions to safety, and discuss our next steps in the camp.

We have the camp arranged by the king's men, upon which we first arrived here.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Grognardsw »

I agree with camp. Though would we have to jump through hoops again to get back to this room? I don't know how far in we are. Can we carry out the bodies safely given the types of rooms you've gone through to get here?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#289 Post by Nuke66 »

Mason hops down from his perch moving slowly. "I told you greed was going to be the death of someone." He says out loud to no one in particular.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by max_vale »

Xale ponders the situation for a moment before glancing over at the spellcasters in the party. "Do any of you have any dweamors that might allow you to magically transport yourselves and the fallen to our camp? If so; then perhaps you could utilize the Raise Dead spells to bring them back there; in either the shelter provided by the camp and/or by any other magics you posses. Then come back here and we can press on with exploring this infernal Tomb in the hopes of completing our quest while our companions recover. Is this a feasible idea?"; the Dwarven Warrior-Priest asks....

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa / Room of three chests

"I'm leery of splitting the group up in such a dangerous dungeon," says The half-orc warrior.

Elsa, partial to jewelry as the fair sex often is, tries on the ring found in the crystal box.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Zhym »

Xale kneels over Malibran and intones the words molassus venominus. The seemingly dead cleric awakens! Xale quickly follows the first spell with the incantation neutralis venominus, which neutralizes the poison remaining in Malibran's system.

Its only slow poison spell spent, the party contemplates what to do about its other two fallen comrades.

Status: Xale (F8/C8): 53/54; Malvexa (F0): 5/6; Elsa (F10): 57/58; Zoster (F9/D12): 74/76; Wolf: 11/12; Malibran (C10): 53/68; Worren (C9/MU11): 52/53; Mason (Mk10): 34/56; Fosco (T12): Dead (26/48); Halbrad (F10): Dead (60/61)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by ravenn4544 »

Does Malibran have the ability for spells/actions or is he still dazed from being dead?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Zhym »

Malibran has and can use the spells he had when he "died."

Turns out he was only mostly dead.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran gets ready to have fun storming the castle and whispers a private prayer upon himself:

Cure Serious Wounds [2d8+1] = 9+1 = 10

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Zhym »

Noted.

Status: Xale (F8/C8): 53/54; Malvexa (F0): 5/6; Elsa (F10): 57/58; Zoster (F9/D12): 74/76; Wolf: 11/12; Malibran (C10): 63/68; Worren (C9/MU11): 52/53; Mason (Mk10): 34/56; Fosco (T12): Dead (26/48); Halbrad (F10): Dead (60/61)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa the Fair / asp chamber

Elsa's eyes widen as she witnesses the raising of a dead person back to life. She mumbles a prayer in her native tongue. Such wonders in this place.

The sword mistress turns away and gathers the dead asps, by the tail end, and puts them in a sack. She has an idea for later.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran sighs to himself at the challenge of this seemingly innocent room. "Well, what say you about a little rest, eh? Seems like this room is as good as any and pretty sealed off if we so chose." He'll find a quiet corner to settle down and pray....

I've lost track if everyone is alive :) otherwise I'd be glad to help out and/or heal someone up

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by max_vale »

OOC: I have a Cure Light and a Cure Serious as well.....(actually I have 2 Cure Serious; but one is on a scroll; so I'd rather not use that if possible).

So....are we all agreed to rest here then?

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#300 Post by zebediah »

How much time would it take to retreat outside, avoiding the traps we have identified?

Return to “Party 1”