Crooked Yew: The Bee Hives.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Crooked Yew: The Bee Hives.

#41 Post by Stirling »

Blaze Horner

A ranger walks across from the St Ygg chapel to the Druid quarter, introducing himself to the junior acolytes and asking for an audience with the senior minister, Druid Clive.

If or once introduced, I will share my vocation.

"I come to offer my respects here in person and in spirit at the Shrine later during Sunset.

Though just a wanderer of the wilds, I do so with care for my fellow man and have heard of the renegades tribes that still commit hostility on the settlement. Even murdering one of their own, an unfortunate leper Bugbear.

I have secured a minor commission to scout out the landscape for their dwelling and have maps to the old Red Fang village, passed to me by Hunnicot the old ranger. He has Duchy obligations elsewhere so cannot aide my scouting.

I was asking, among other considerations if further help could be available? Perhaps a Bugbear leper to help with any translation needed?"

I try not to be too abrupt but I don't want to skirt the request which may also prompt welcome interest from Hedrak.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Edeldhur »

Hedrak
Spearmint wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:41 pm"We know one went Eastwards, from the sacred grove into the Barrow Moor wilderness. I presume others went in search of barren places. Into the Moon Peaks heights and to desolate depths of the forests."

Finding a diseased Treant would be a difficult but useful expedition mission. As a fellow druid, he will gift you with some Honey resources to help on your next endeavours.
"I cannot simply ignore the plight which assaults the ancient guardians - I will try my best to track their path" - Hedrak nodded at Druid Clive - "As the others have departed for Bjornark's Moathouse, I can try looking for the where the treants might have exiled themselves"

(Do Treants have 'pronounceable' names? :D)
Stirling wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 pm Blaze Horner

I have secured a minor commission to scout out the landscape for their dwelling and have maps to the old Red Fang village, passed to me by Hunnicot the old ranger. He has Duchy obligations elsewhere so cannot aide my scouting.

I was asking, among other considerations if further help could be available? Perhaps a Bugbear leper to help with any translation needed?"[/dialog]

I try not to be too abrupt but I don't want to skirt the request which may also prompt welcome interest from Hedrak.
Not one for much hesitation, the half-orc addressed the newly arrival - "I too have been looking for advice and blessing from the Elder, and was just considering an incursion into the surrounding wilds - I am Hedrak" - he introduces himself - "If you are so inclined, we can perhaps do this trek together, and assist one another"

Dog sniffed the air in the general direction of Blaze and wagged his tail.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Stirling »

Blaze Horner
"If you are so inclined, we can perhaps do this trek together, and assist one another"
I will accept the offer, noting the hound. "Good, we can share bounty as equally as risk and dangers. Your skills will be welcome.

Does 'dog' have a name?"

The ranger hopes that Druid Clive could co-opt a Bugbear too. Better to go as prepared for any eventualities, trusting the militiaman Grigor will have no issue with the humanoid tribesman.

I will wait upon a response from the druid elder and then after offering my devotions at the settlement shrine, set off. We can trek and camp somewhere rather than delay unnecessarily.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Edeldhur »

Hedrak
Stirling wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:04 pm Blaze Horner
"If you are so inclined, we can perhaps do this trek together, and assist one another"
I will accept the offer, noting the hound. "Good, we can share bounty as equally as risk and dangers. Your skills will be welcome.

Does 'dog' have a name?"
"I am sure he does" - Hedrak replied - "However he has not yet told me what it is. I am sure he will when he trusts me enough"

"And equal shares of the bounty sounds fair" - he extended his hand in a greeting.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Spearmint »

Druid Clive

Receives Blaze Horner, listening intently to his request and taking time to consider any response.

He encourages Hedrak to join up and as the mission focus involves local affairs pertinent to the settlement's security and outreach, he is happy to give his blessing.

Druid Clive: reactions: [1d100]=86

He calls forth one of the young Bugbear assistants, a gangly beanpole framed humanoid rather than a burly warrior. Clothed in bandages that cover his hands and extremities. He has some fingers as mere stubs from the leprosy onset. "Divadroy can translate should you need and some history knowledge of the Red Fangs."

With some given supplies and the two aides; Bugbear leper and Duchy militiaman, the expedition looks to go.

Actions, I will open a new expedition thread for you both. Post any last actions in CY such as prayers at the Herne Shrine or buying extra supplies.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Edeldhur »

Hedrak

The half-orc nods with deference and respect to his Elder - "I will do so"

He introduces himself to the bugbear, and to the militiaman - "I am Hedrak, well met to you fellow travelers"

Return to “Settlement: Crooked Yew”