Brindleseep

Revenant
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Brindleseep

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik points to the table of dwarves "Give them a pictcher of whate'er their drinkin' on me if ya will please." not wishing to have that on Mr. Tallow's tab the dwarf slides the serving person a couple gold pieces. "Whate'er be left o' that keep as a tip fer yerself." he says with a smile. "This ain't on Mister Tallow it's on me, got it?" he says as if a question but merely it is a stated fact he smiles and winks with a bit of a nod of his head. "I'll have a couple o' mugs of the same an that can go on tha tab."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Darithe »

Mave

"That sounds lovely Thena," she says upon hearing her order, "I'd just like to add some sweet pastries, if they are available, for dessert." She notes the strange man glancing at them at the tables and offers him a smile while remarking to the table, "I wonder which of us, he is trying to flirt with. Probably Wilwarin or Bryne, I'd guess." In truth, she thought that look had more to it than mere flirting, but perhaps she is just the suspicious type.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin looks over the stables as she settles Shadow in, to see how many other travellers might be present. One in particular. A rider passed in the night headed this way, and did not return….

Bryne

"That sounds fine, I prefer wine if you have some."

She settles in, trying to keep an eye on the stranger watching them discretely.

Wilwarin smiles at the girl:

I, too, would prefer wine, and fresh water. Is there any fruit, or berries, to accompany the cheese? Or a chutney?

Offhandedly: Do you have many guests? Brindleseep seems like a place one visits for a reason, rather than passes through.

I ask because I expect to meet another here. Perhaps they have already arrived, which is well and good, but if they are yet to come, I should reserve a room, if the Moth were to be crowded.

Wilwarin notes the stranger observing them, but affects disinterest. She intends to ask the serving-girl about him later.

Mave

"That sounds lovely Thena," she says upon hearing her order, "I'd just like to add some sweet pastries, if they are available, for dessert." She notes the strange man glancing at them at the tables and offers him a smile while remarking to the table, "I wonder which of us, he is trying to flirt with. Probably Wilwarin or Bryne, I'd guess." In truth, she thought that look had more to it than mere flirting, but perhaps she is just the suspicious type.

Wilwarin looks uncomfortable at the suggestion someone would be flirting with her, and shifts her chair to avoid his (potential) gaze.
Last edited by The Bindoner on Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Revenant »

Prior to entering the inn Wilwarin notes three horses already stabled there, nothing special about them that she can discern.

The serving girl who absent-minded introduces herself as Derli, "Aye that order will be right out. I believe we have one bottle of wine in back, don't get much call for it here." She nods as Torvik places his order for the trio of dwarves, "That be no problem sir, I'll see to it." She nods to Mave, "I'm sure Mrs. Wrafton has some in the back. She's good at makin' pies and I'm sure there's some fruit in the back too I can add to your order," glancing at Wilwarin. She pauses a moment thinking, "Aye there's three sides yourselves." She glances at the lone man at the table, "That be Mr. Locke. He's here payin' respects to his sister," she drops her voice to a whisper, "She was one of them kilt in the mines. One of Mr. Tallow's group of adventurers who was recently buried in the graveyard." Continuing her voice in a whisper, "then there be that young scholar. I think his first name be Galen. He's a handsome lad, very clean and well-dressed unlike the rough cobs hereabouts." She smiles wistfully..."yes very handsome." Before getting back on track, "Oh and there was a rider came in early in the morn. I've not seen 'im yet but Mrs. Wrafton mentioned him. Who you looking for dearie?" She looks at Wilwarin questioningly.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Shifting in her seat a bit: Would Mrs. Wrafton have some time to chat these eve?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Thank you."

Bryne continues to keep watch.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Revenant »

Derli nods to Thena, "I'll ask Mrs. Wrafton to stop by your table if she has time." She scurries off to place your order in the kitchen.

After several moments, a large older woman exits the kitchen and starts towards your table. She is quite heavyset and her cheeks are bright red, no doubt due to the heat of the kitchen. She smiles and you note she is missing several teeth and asks, "Derli said you wished to speak with me. Figured now is the best time, before the evenin' rush starts. What can I do for ya?"

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik after hearing about the other patrons tries to stop the woman "Aye an give Mr. Locke anythin he wants food an drink put it on Tallows tab under me name if yah have ta."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Very nice to make your acquaintance Mrs. Wrafton, very cozy place here. Derli indicated that there was an early rider that arrived this morning, can you tell me about this person?

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Revenant »

Derli exits the kitchen with a tray laden with drinks, so many you aren't sure how she keeps her balance. She first delivers three drinks to the table of dwarves and as she indicates Torvik, the dwarves raise their glasses and give a shouted thank you in dwarven. She then approaches your table passing out several pitches and informing you that the food will be out shortly. Then with one drink left on the tray she sprints over to Locke's table and delivers the final drink, pointing again to Torvik. Locke nods politely.

Vari remarks, "Buying lots of good will eh Commander?" Ruskin winks, "Can never have too much of that." Kade is too busy grinning at the other serving girl whom the table of young miners were flirting with. Morwen and Athan are deep in a theological discussion while Davion sits reading and Liviel passes out the drinks saying, "We need to be sure and tip Derli well. She working hard while the other one just flirts."

Mrs. Wrafton, "And I'll be dealing with her momentarily. And nice to make your good folks acquaintances too," she says to Thena with a smile. "Aye there was a young man checked in very early in the morning. Had to get out of my warm bed ta check him in. Signed the name Page and when I asked what his business was in town he just growled and said it was none of mine. Well I ended the conversation then and there and showed him to his room at the end of the hall. He's bunkin' by his ownself and paid double for the privilege. Ain't seen him since and frankly I don't care if I do...rude lout." She frowns though it quickly disappears, "Now was there anything else? I do need to get your food ready and reprimand that lazy Carly."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Many thanks Mrs. Wrafton, for the trouble... as she palms her a gold piece.

OCC: 1 gp deducted.

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik smiles and raises his glass to both tables and chuckles at his recruits "I know how ta show respect to a man who's lost a lot an to me own kin. If I'd seen any rangers other than us I'd have bought em drinks too. I know how ta show respect where it be due." he finishes with a sly wink and begins to drink. He reaches into his coin pouch and gives Derli a gold piece as a tip. "Grand work, keep this one fer yerself. Ya more n' earned it." he says with a kindhearted smile. He adds to his 'crew' "If I'd seen any knights er town guards about I'd have bought em a round too." removed 3 gp from my sheet. Had 28 gp now at 25 gp.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Nods in agreement with Mrs. Wrafton, "Yes good help is so hard to find." After she leaves, Mave looks to the others, "What do you make of this? Do you think that Page person was sent after us? If he was, he isn't being very proactive in trying to find us." She pauses to think, and then take a sip from her ale. She always thought better when her mind was lightly lubricated.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Not sure what to think yet, but arrival in the morning indicates travel by night... there are no other settlements out here to my knowledge.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Revenant »

"There are none but Brindleseep following the road leading here," Davion remarks.

Locke rises from his table drink in hand, and approaches your table as a young well-dressed man enters the room from another part of the inn. He sits alone at a table near the heart and removes his silk gloves. He is quite young and rather handsome and your mind recalls Derli's statement about a scholar staying here.
bernardo-hasselmann-isaak.jpg
bernardo-hasselmann-isaak.jpg (292.8 KiB) Viewed 479 times
Locke stands before Torvik and states, "Thank you sir for the drink. I will have to buy you one should you by some miracle return alive from the mines. In any case, I wish you well and hope you fare better than my dear sister." There is an air of melancholy about his face as he speaks.

Then there is the sound of footsteps as a tall dark haired man enters from the rooming section of the inn. He spares you not a glance as he walks to the table of the other newcomer and pulls out a seat. The two then begin to converse in muffled tones.
Clayborn.jpg
Clayborn.jpg (25.47 KiB) Viewed 479 times

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik turns to look at Locke and gives him a sympathetic look "Aye, no need fer that. I figured ya needed one after hearin' tha news. We were sent ere on tha same mission as yer sister. By tha same fellow. How bout this, if we return you tell us bout yer sister, an if we find anythin of hers in there we'll bring it back to ya. Ya got tha promise of a Ranger of tha horn." then not trying to be rude the dwarf turns and watches the two new folk mumbling. "What's tha story on them eh?" he wonders out loud but not said too loudly so that everyone in the place hears him.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Revenant »

Locke to Torvik, "When she fell, she lost her weapon, a hammer bearing our family crest of an oak surrounded by fallen acorns. If you happen across it, I'd be most grateful." He nods his head in the direction of the two newcomers huddled around their table. "The young man is Galen Kerrick a supposed scholar researching the story of the tomb. The other man is a stranger to me. Kerrick arrived a day after I did and was most interested in hearing anything about what my sister might have seen. Though she died before ever speaking, same as her lone companion and was deceased when I arrived."

The door to the Moth Aflame opens and a ruddy-faced man enters speaks briefly to Mrs. Wrafton and then moves briskly to your table. He is short and wide-framed rather like a dwarf in human form and he introduces himself as Foreman Foulty.
Foreman Foulty.jpg
Foreman Foulty.jpg (383.87 KiB) Viewed 464 times
"So you're the fools Tallow sent? I hope you've said goodbye to your nearest kin." He frowns looking at each of you, "I doubt you could withstand a fair wind by the looks of ya. More fodder for the Father of Worms."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave after listening sympathetically to Locke speak of his sister adds warmly, "If we see any sign of the hammer, we will be sure to return it to you."

She is not so warm with the second person who approaches her table, "We are hardly fools and I would not expect such words from one we have pledged to help. Either control your temper or leave and let us deal with your problem as we will." She was unaccustomed to being spoken to in such a manner.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin, still unsettled by the joke of being the object of flirtation, smiles wanly at Locke.

I, too, commiserate with your loss. If it is possible, we will retrieve your families' heirloom.

It would help us in that endeavour if we knew more of her fate. This Kerrick, I think I have the same questions as him, but with more pressing personal concern. You say she passed without speaking, but someone brought her out. That is a story I should like to hear.

She pauses, then decides to ask anyway: Do you know how she and her companion were killed?

She regards Kerrick, and the new arrival -presuming him the rider in the night – carefully.

Foreman Foulty succeeds in making the poor impression he no doubt intended. Wilwarin ought to be content to let him underestimate the group, but cannot resist

No matter what you think of us, we are who has been sent. Someone who wanted to keep these mines, and their position as Foreman, would offer assistance. Since you do not, perhaps we ought to leave you to deal with the problem yourself and report your brave expedition into the mines to Mr Tallow?

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik ignores the foreman and replies to Locke agreeing to find the hammer and return it "Aye, as Mave said we'll do what we can ta return yer family hammer." he rolls his eyes at the insults from the so called foreman and whispers to Vari "Now that one'd I not buy a drink fer. If yah cat me meanin. Titles ain't always deservin respect when they freeling throw insults." he ends with a wink.

Turning back to Locke "Yer more'n welcome ta join us at our table."

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”