OOC

dreamweaver
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC

#21 Post by DrRenfield »

I'm passably familiar. I'll probably be checking the SRD when I'm posting into combat.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#22 Post by dreamweaver »

The default stuff is complex in itself, and the PoW rules heavily build on that.

Would a summary on my part annoy you, or help you?
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by DrRenfield »

More info wouldn't hurt.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#24 Post by dreamweaver »

The three options in a combat round:

1. most common
  • immediate or swift action
  • move action
  • standard action
2. standard replaced with a move
  • move action
  • move action
3. [move + standard] replaced with a full-round
  • full-round action
The order of actions within a turn is up to the player. The number of free actions is limited only by common sense.

Immediate actions are different from swift actions only in one respect: they can be performed out of the character's turn. However, that means the character has used its immediate or swift action slot until the end of their next turn.

There's a list of core default free / move / standard / full-round actions in the srd, but immediate and swift actions come from extra things, like class features, feats, spells, items, etc. Path of War classes provide a lot of swift action options, some immediate ones, some moves and some standard actions.
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#25 Post by DrRenfield »

Good to know, I appreciate the clarification.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#26 Post by dreamweaver »

Glad to be of help.
About Me:
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#27 Post by dreamweaver »

Happy New Year!
About Me:
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#28 Post by DrRenfield »

Happy New Year to you. I apologize for the sluggish post rate; I've been traveling for the Holidays. I'm back home now and should be able to post as frequently as before.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#29 Post by dreamweaver »

No worries, I wasn't too active, either. Holidays are usually like that.
About Me:
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#30 Post by dreamweaver »

Your rolls feel occult in their efficiency.

What is Abe's active stance?
About Me:
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#31 Post by DrRenfield »

I'm pretty pleased with my luck.

Spirit Sensing Stance is active.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#32 Post by dreamweaver »

Hi, popping in for a moment. I want to make a new map of downstairs for my post, it's coming in a day.
About Me:
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#33 Post by dreamweaver »

I'm beginning to worry that with these stealth rolls, we won't have a chance to try the Path of War mechanics :) At least not in this first mission.
About Me:
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by DrRenfield »

Right? I've been crazy lucky. Fingers crossed that the winds don't change when I start rolling attacks.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#35 Post by dreamweaver »

It didn't, the wind favored you. Aside from the rolls, it seems to me that the PoW maneuvers are quite powerful, compared to normal attacks. Which is good news, I don't mind the character being better than usual in a solo game.
About Me:
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#36 Post by DrRenfield »

Right? If I ever run PoW in the future, I would insist that the whole party use a special class.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#37 Post by dreamweaver »

I've edited my last post a little:

... Abe feels a very faint, unnatural whiff of decay and death, ...
About Me:
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by dmw71 »

Just checking in on the status of this game since the last post in it was made five weeks ago.

Is this game still active?

:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
DrRenfield
Guide
Guide

#39 Post by DrRenfield »

I think dreamweaver may have moved on from the site. I haven't heard from him since the last post.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#40 Post by dmw71 »

DrRenfield wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:15 pm I think dreamweaver may have moved on from the site. I haven't heard from him since the last post.
He actually hasn't signed in since that post.

I'm going to go ahead and move this into the 'Abandoned Games' section, but it can be restored if/when dreamweaver ever does return and wish to continue it.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)

Return to “Paths of War (Pathfinder 1e)”