OOC Discussion

Marullus
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#221 Post by Stirling »

I will be away from keyboard Monday through to Friday as I am hiking in the Highlands.

So I will post an action but get to updating my sheet and gallery later in the week..

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Rex »

Enjoy Stirling, sounds like fun!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by sastaz »

Rex wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:43 pm I don't think you make rolls for passive perception, only active perception.
Right, a 5E thing

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Rex »

I updated her sheet already, could you let me know what I missed?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Marullus »

If you could compare with the one-line on the bottom of my post, just let me know anything that needs changing?

I canaudit your whole sheet later if there was a question on anything.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for a few days and then off to visit my Mom for the rest of the week. I may be able to check in once or twice over the next week. Feel free to NPC my character(s) as you see fit.

Have a great week everyone!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Marullus »

How is everyone doing?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Stirling »

Sorry, I am busy with teaching and exams.

I will get to read up and post an action soon and update my character profile info.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by sastaz »

I was waiting for something to happen, or action to be taken in the other room as a response to your description. Will post for Vakar "in the meantime".

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Stirling »

I am away until Saturday. I will post an update then.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Marullus »

Thanks for letting me know!

I think the info got lost in the spoiler.
Marullus wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:31 pm While he does have some festering wounds, it is internal disease or poison that is ravaging him now.

Mechanically, Ralfwin believes he needs at least Lesser Restoration.
So, I'm going to let you adjust your action on Saturday, because Ralfwin knows Spare the Dying won't be effective.
Stirling wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 pm I can use my Spare the Dying spell to stabilise the man.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Stirling »

I do not have such ability.

I am not in favour of killing him though. Can he not be taken out of the halls into the community?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Marullus »

Stirling wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:44 pmI do not have such ability.
You do - you just still need to level up to third level. (Either Ralfwin or Skirfir can cast it if they choose to.)

As a third level cleric, you gain access to second level spells and can cast four 1st level and two 2nd level spells. As a cleric you gain access to all the spells but need to prepare and pray for a limited number.
When you do so, choose a number of cleric spells equal to your Wisdom modifier + your cleric level (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
So, you get to memorize an extra spell, which can be level 2. You can then also trade in 1st level spells for second level spells. You just need to decide what your prepared spells are now that you are level three. Lesser Restoration is one you can memorize, but there's a lot of good competition.
Stirling wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:44 pmI am not in favour of killing him though. Can he not be taken out of the halls into the community?
You don't know how to return the way you came - the bricks closed behind you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for the week. Will be back late Sunday the 5th or Monday the 6th. NPC my character(s) as you see fit.

Have a great week everyone!

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Marullus »

Hey all,

Tomorrow is a full month since the last update with only Sastaz playing.

I know (from other game's threads) that several of you have serious personal things going on and I understand this takes a back seat. You all were also very patient when my RL needs slowed this to 1x to 2x per month as well. I don't mind keeping this going at a slow pace, if it is intentional.

So, please post back to let me know:
1) you're still here
2) if you've lost momentum and we should retire the game
3) if you're still interested, RL is an issue, and you'll be back

It'll keep notifying me, so I'm okay updating whenever you guys are. If you want to do a formal hiaitus until January, that's also cool.

Thoughts?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by sastaz »

Still here!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Stirling »

Sorry, I thought I had posted and was eaiting on a resolution to the man.

I have updated my sheet and the 3rd level advance gives me access to Blur & Suggestion as Domain spells and while the gothi 'knows all 2nd level' cleric spells, Lesser Restoration was not one I prepped for my daily appropriation. (I would veer towards the Svilland specific ones in preference to general cleric ones).

I am not sure what extra amendments you need to my rogue gallery bio, apart from known spells.

I am here and ready to continue.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Rex »

Marullus wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:45 pm So, please post back to let me know:
1) you're still here
2) if you've lost momentum and we should retire the game
3) if you're still interested, RL is an issue, and you'll be back

It'll keep notifying me, so I'm okay updating whenever you guys are. If you want to do a formal hiaitus until January, that's also cool.

Thoughts?
1) Yes
2) We have obviously lost momentum, that doesn't necessarily mean we need to retire the game though
3) Yes and No, the setting and modified rules intrigues me but the rules are still 5E at heart and I just can't seem to like them. Real life is an issue for me right now, I have my game on temporary hold and it will most likely remain there until mid December when I will start to have some more free time.

My thoughts are: The story has been good but the rules have made it difficult for me to stay immersed in the game combined with my attention in real life being elsewhere at the moment has meant I am behind on posting. If everyone else wants to continue I will as well.

Unsungknot
Tracker
Tracker

#239 Post by Unsungknot »

I'm sorry I've been out so much and have missed a bunch. I actually left work early today since I went in early so I have time to do things before bed! I will start working checking this and posting into my weekend schedule. Since my husband has been doing that dang overtime I've been on my own. I don't know how single parents do it, they gotta have super powers or something, because holy moly.

But I am okay with taking a break for the holidays if everyone else is. By then my husband should be off mandatory overtime.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Spearmint »

I am happy to play on as Stigandr Yngvarsen.

I posted my action. I think beyond guarding, fighting, trying to perceive anything with my danger-sense, then my character is more reactionary to situations developing than creating them.

Return to “Freya's Tears (5e)”