Saag 01

ateno
bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Saag 01

#281 Post by bsongy »

Hiro recommends to Gunnar "How about you and Nevyn together; you both have a strong background in military Recon. Garrett you can be with me; with a bit of carousing and social talk, we may be able to find some things out. Monty, you can go with Gunnar & Nevyn or Garrett & myself, as you think best."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by joertexas »

bsongy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:54 am Hiro recommends to Gunnar "How about you and Nevyn together; you both have a strong background in military Recon. Garrett you can be with me; with a bit of carousing and social talk, we may be able to find some things out. Monty, you can go with Gunnar & Nevyn or Garrett & myself, as you think best."
"I think that's a good idea," Garett agrees. "How should we present ourselves?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by The Bindoner »

bsongy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:54 am Hiro recommends to Gunnar "How about you and Nevyn together; you both have a strong background in military Recon. Garrett you can be with me; with a bit of carousing and social talk, we may be able to find some things out. Monty, you can go with Gunnar & Nevyn or Garrett & myself, as you think best."
Carousing and social talk are more my thing than recon. Sneaking about with daggers in your teeth? No, I prefer a comfortable acceleration chair and a sensor console, thank you.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by ateno »

Apologies for delay, I need to do the map...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#285 Post by ateno »

Sorry for delay, thanks for waiting.

overflight.png
overflight.png (20.6 KiB) Viewed 8172 times
closeup.png
closeup.png (34.85 KiB) Viewed 8172 times

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#286 Post by ateno »

Anyone bringing any last minute items with them on the flight, no weapons are allowed. Cash is encouraged, they have to charge 3% more for other forms of payment.

The flier has 4 other passengers, a older woman and her son and mother in law and indeterminate sex baby.

One pilot, losing hair but is fully competent.

Questions or anything before 'blast off'?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:45 pm Anyone bringing any last minute items with them on the flight, no weapons are allowed. Cash is encouraged, they have to charge 3% more for other forms of payment.

The flier has 4 other passengers, a older woman and her son and mother in law and indeterminate sex baby.

One pilot, losing hair but is fully competent.

Questions or anything before 'blast off'?
Garett has her handcomp for taking pictures and notes.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte has his Inertial Locator, to get some accurate mapping, and his comm/hand computer.

He will dress appropriately (he has clothes for all climates, and formal wear for functions).

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#289 Post by bsongy »

Teams are ....

Team Recon: Gunnar and Nevyn.
Cover: Your cover is you are off-world traders looking to soak in some local color
Mission: You goal is to look for signs of security and response forces. Fee free to act on your own discretion. In particular, if you need to trip some security alarms, to see how they respond, do so if and only if you think you can do it without getting caught or pass it off as an accident.

Team Talk: Hiro, Garett, and Monte.
Cover: We are wealthy wine and food enthusiasts.
Mission: Our mission is to find out whatever we can, from the staff at the facility, about the location of whatever valuables are on site. In particular, we need to see if we can charm, lie or bribe our way in to a "special tour", to get to see these wonders ourselves.

The remainder of the crew remain onboard The Train to The Stars

Questions?.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by joertexas »

bsongy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:44 am Teams are ....

Cover: Your cover is you are off-world traders looking to soak in some local color
Mission: You goal is to look for signs of security and response forces. Fee free to act on your own discretion. In particular, if you need to trip some security alarms, to see how they respond, do so if and only if you think you can do it without getting caught or pass it off as an accident.

Team Talk: Hiro, Garett, and Monte.
Cover: We are wealthy wine and food enthusiasts.
Mission: Our mission is to find out whatever we can, from the staff at the facility, about the location of whatever valuables are on site. In particular, we need to see if we can charm, lie or bribe our way in to a "special tour", to get to see these wonders ourselves.

The remainder of the crew remain onboard The Train to The Stars

Questions?.
Garett dresses in the best clothes she has for the occasion.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen "Right. No weapons. Simple. Too simple." He looks over at Nevyn, "Shall we?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte dresses well, but informally. He takes Cr.5000, divided into several caches and a variety of denominations. He has a main "roll" of Cr.2500.

I hope this place lives up to the brochure, I'm looking forward to it.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by BackworldTraveller »

And I'll firkle about in the undergrowth looking like a lost waif. What are the local trespass laws? Shoot anyone off the path or wander anywhere?

He rummages through his pack and draws out his Religious Book, placing it in a carry pack - along with sandwiches and a flask of warm beverage, two cups and a blanket. He uploads the local list of interesting wildlife and finds a good set of visual sensors from the stores.

Donning stout (and appropriately coloured) clothing, he's almost ready.

Just checking, but I assume we don't die instantly of cold or lack of oxygen or anything when we step out of the door?

He looks to see if the ship's locker has an Umbrella/Parasol to add to the effect.

No guns - he is relieved to find his old boot-knife and tucks that away quietly.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by ateno »

The Captain introduces himself at Stan, it's a 45 minute flight, no food or service, it will be a quiet flight.

The ship takes power and heads NW.

"We are arriving, I will take a couple turns around the area so you get a idea of the splendor, I'll fly so both sides can see, hence the twice. Just stay in your seats please."

You get a good look at the surrounding area.

You land in the Northerly area of the pad and the doors open.

A young lady "Hi i'm Reyna, follow me and we have whole grain muffins and white wine."

Mid 20s, good looking and dressed to kill.

You are lead across the landing area and the weather is nice, so you sit in the shaded area with about 15 other people.

"Relax, we are expecting two other shuttles."

Actions?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:38 pm The Captain introduces himself at Stan, it's a 45 minute flight, no food or service, it will be a quiet flight.

The ship takes power and heads NW.

"We are arriving, I will take a couple turns around the area so you get a idea of the splendor, I'll fly so both sides can see, hence the twice. Just stay in your seats please."

You land in the Northerly area of the pad and the doors open.

A young lady "Hi i'm Reyna, follow me and we have whole grain muffins and white wine."

Mid 20s, good looking and dressed to kill.

You are lead across the landing area and the weather is nice, so you sit in the shaded area with about 15 other people.

"Relax, we are expecting two other shuttles."

Actions?
Garett takes pictures and video during the flyover, and chats with Hiro along the way. Her conversation is along the lines of "oh look, how pretty."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#296 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen takes a seat and sits back, sampling the offered refreshments while looking around in an attempt to appear casual but playing up the offworlder. "Oh, look at that! Never seen that before. Oh, and that."
gaming since 1980

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#297 Post by bsongy »

TEAM TALK

GM said:

"Hi i'm Reyna,..."

Hiro excitedly films the site form the air with his hand computer
Garett dresses in the best clothes she has for the occasion.
"You look wonderful. We really should get out more often." says Hiro. Hiro points his handcomputer at Garett, taking several Tri-Vids of Garett, making sure to get Reya in the background. H

Monte said:
"I hope this place lives up to the brochure, I'm looking forward to it."
"Yes. I have been wanting to come here for years." Hiro takes a picture of the muffin and wine, from several angles, catching the other 15 guests in the background of the images. Finished with the shots, he sits again and makes a point of visually examining the muffin and smelling it before tasting. Similarly with the wine. He discuss the merits of both with Garett and Monte.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#298 Post by ateno »

The Muffins are eaten and two glasses of white wine is given while the other 2 groups of attendees arrive.

All the other attendees appear to not stand out, except in the first ship after yours. There are a group of 5, Older father and mother and mid 20's daughter, and two bodyguards. One is extremely large and strong, the other looks like a swimmer.

They sit without any suspicion, of course the guards don't drink wine. You note the 'swimmer' has a 360 3d camera operating at the moment.

After the morning wine, Reyna starts to talk about the wine you just had and gives a introductory about safety and private areas, mostly the workers area across the large stream/river 'Depends on time of the season' or beyond the tree line.

There is the sound of a sharp air pressure release which triggers the guards. Reyna explains that's one of our bots keeping one of the local varmints out of our fields.

One of the tables twitter as some unknown joke.

Also the word varmint does not fit the persona that Reyna has put forward.

"The tour will be soon, so finish up your wine and muffins, I will send out a request to all the local comps, its the ordering form for take home. You were drinking our house Pinot Grigio, you can also order glasses at any time just ask for the server. 15 minutes guests, and welcome!"

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#299 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen leans over and in a low whisper, so as not to be overheard, "Varmint, huh? Two-legged varmint." As they tour, he'll occasionally watch the party with the bodyguards and take particular note of what the staff they encounter are wearing.
gaming since 1980

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#300 Post by ateno »

The bodyguards are respectful and part of the background, you can see that one eats while the other is more watchful. One seems to get a look on his face and pulls out a electronic device from his pocket. uses it for a moment and than looks in the sky.

He obviously comms the other guard who looks up.

Following their direction you can pick out a drone that camoflauges very well with the sky, which half circles and heads over the parking lot and west.

The guards seem unimpressed.

Reyna
"All right, please leave your glasses here, you can bring your muffins if you like lets go on the tour."

Heading around the parking lot and north east towards the top mini house she starts to explain the grapes in this area. She does a slow pace and slows a couple times. There is a stop at the first Tiny house where she explains each house is designed after the five seasons of Rijkwereld; Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Second Spring.

"The designer took into account not only colors but angles of the sun. Remember all 5 are available for rent for tonight."

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”