OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

(2) Saturns Luck (tavern/gambling hall)

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

F7A39227-358F-4EFF-BFD2-7C10085D0CCC.jpeg
F7A39227-358F-4EFF-BFD2-7C10085D0CCC.jpeg (142.08 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
Saturns Luck

This two story plastered brick tavern is popular Xambaala favorite with locals and visitors alike. The “Luck” provides a variety of gambling games and other rowdy pastimes, and the narrow street leading up to it is dotted with bawdyhouses, lotus dens, and other purveyors of aberrant products and services.

Covered wooden tables are spread around outside to be used during good weather. An iron fenced exterior stair leads up to the second floor living quarters of the owners. Though no private rooms are offered, sleeping off any overindulgence for the night in the sketchy common room is only 3cp each.

Religious bric-a-brac cover the dirty interior walls of the common room, evincing the taverns name in veneration of Xathoqqua, his lazy eye depicted ubiquitously. The place is normally crowded with adventurers, either looking for work or squandering hard earned gold betwixt “jobs”. Regulars sit at the well battered bar and companions-for-hire slink through the hall as the pomegranate wine flows freely.

ADE881CB-8632-4C06-8365-1A3F8909410B.jpeg
ADE881CB-8632-4C06-8365-1A3F8909410B.jpeg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (2) Saturns Luck

#2 Post by shaidar »

Xenos uses his familiarity to locate a table in a quieter area (if possible).

He orders up three hot meals, a pitcher of pomegranate wine and coughs up the cost of them staying the night.

I think that adds up 1gp, well all bar 1cp

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kang, Tuurma, and Xenos walk into a bar.......

The "Luck", as it is known locally, is starting to fill up with patrons by this time of the day. Adventurers, rebel rousers, and gamblers alike drink and talk, most of them looking for a quick payout or a rumor involving a better paying exploration opportunity.

Xenos finds an empty table in the back of the room, near the common sleeping area, where he orders some food and drink for the trio. A scantly dressed tan skinned waitress brings the wine, and it is actually quite good. It works perfect for washing down the delicious warm pan bread smothered in locally churned goat butter. It seems highly doubtful that their three friends back at the oasis will be eating this good tonight.

The waitress stares at Tuurma and her pale complexion a bit longer than seems comfortable, but she doesn't say anything to the presently calm berserker. "You three must be new round here, eh? I aint seen ya in here before anyway. I'll reserve 3 sleeping mats for you in the common room for the night. Can I get you anything else?"

Actions?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sastaz »

2 gp subtracted for the net

Tuurma only stares back at some of the patrons, finally settling down in the back with her two friends. She takes off her boots and lets out a sigh of relief. After having sipped the wine she leans towards the waitress and grabs her arm.

"Actually sister, do you have any meat here? Or eggs? I don't mind spare parts or spoiled eggs, I'm not picky. Maybe if you have some reamains from the butcher for the pottage? Just anything."
Tuurma's grip around the waitress' arm seems to tighten a bit, unintentional it seems?
She lets go of the waitress.

"Oh, sorry."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Slowly growing more accustomed to the uncomfortable attention Tuurma garners as they move through town, Kang and Xenos witness a strange interaction between their new companion and the local serving girl inside the Luck.

A concerned look crosses the face of the waitress, who tries in vain to pull her arm away from the pale warriors strong grip. “HEY! Let me go! What’s wrong with you?”

Once Tuurma releases her again, the girl pulls her hand back and barks. Spoiled eggs? Who are you?…….We don’t serve table scraps here, ekwensu ocha! Only the salted fry bread. If you like pig scraps…..go find a farmer.”

The girl now stands a few feet away from the table, keeping at least an arms reach away from the cursed berserker.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Xenos looks from Tuurma, to the serving girl and back to Tuurma.

"You really do seem to have interesting effect on people. Is there something you need to tell us?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma does not seem to hear, or take notice of, Xenos' remark. Instead she retorts.

"Great Mother of...no need to get hysterical girl, I was just asking! For the love of all that's...."

She inhales deeply, once, twice.

"Okay, look. Forget I asked. I didn't mean to startle you. I will have the...bread...thing. Thank you."

Then she turns to Xenos.

"Sorry, what? I'm tired, maybe we should just get some rest and get back to the task at hand, or what do you say?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Agreed, let us get our current task finished."

Xenos is quite willing to finish the meal quietly, and get to rest so they can return to the others the next day.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Since I have no idea why this keeps happening, I am going to press the action along despite Tamerlaine's refusal to post an action for Kang. He told me he was back, and I can see him checking in regularly, but still no posts. I sure wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

With no spoiled meat on the menu, Tuurma either has to settle for the buttered fry bread, or go to sleep hungry.

A few girls (one he thinks might be a guy) proposition Xenos with companionship for the night, but with what little coin they have left, he has no choice but to decline.

Before the night starts to wind down, the trio looks to the busy common sleeping room where they will be spending the evening in relative safety.

If there are no other avenues you wish to explore, let me know of any specific sleeping details for the night and I will press this action along to morning for you.

Thanks!

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Tamerlaine »

Kang

Watering down his wine the monk observes his surroundings, quietly noting the vices and licentious behaviors on display. He was even quiet during Tuurma's actions with the serving wench, thinking he did not know her enough to warrant any words or action on his behalf. But he did note it for future reference.

When at last it was time to retire for the evening, Kang sat in the lotus position on the mat and began the steps to prepare his mind for meditation. All that he witnessed were distractions, hindrances to his ever present path to enlightenment. Once his mind was clear and centered did he go to sleep. Tomorrow was another day, another day of learning, another day on his journey.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by shaidar »

Xenos makes himself comfortable for the night. He does his best to arrange his coins and belongings to make it difficult to take them without waking him.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma is feeling grumpy and has a hard time falling asleep at all, watching closesly for any creeps or rodents that appear while the others are sleeping.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Necessary Precautions

The night evolves into a strange amalgamation of drunken debauchery, equal parts cheering and angry shouting from the gaming tables, and soft cooing from the nearby lovers once the tavern finally closes. Outside the strong walls of the Luck, strange stifled but horrifying screams can be heard periodically, along with distant shouting and chanting from deeper in the open desert.

Though several strangers eventually flop down on the common room sleeping mats throughout the rest of the long night, Tuurma doesn't spot one rat in the room the entire time, allowing her to sleep a bit better. Creeps however seem to be everywhere as she awakens in the morning with her coin purse and its contents missing.

Xenos fares much better, since he had slept in this place before. Unfortunately, he failed to warn his friends about any possible sketchiness. His pre slumber precautions have saved his purse and his coin, but when he looks over to the stretching Kang in the morning, the foreigner has a disgusted look upon his chiseled features as well. Though all of his possessions remain in tact, his rather full yet unprotected coin purse has also been stolen during the night.

A greasy looking Pict sits against the wall across the room on his sleeping mat, smirking at the three of you through the darkness as you awaken, but saying nothing. Once the Dawnbell is rung to signal the start the new day, clearing the barely enforced nightly curfew, the others sleeping in the room begin to stir as well.

Actions?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once you're ready to leave, your companions await your arrival back at the crocodiles dinner table: ;)

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 81#p627581

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (2) Saturns Luck (tavern/gambling hall)

#15 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Let us grab breakfast from the market and get back to the oasis."

I'm happy to gloss over the act of breakfast and get back to oasis if everyone else is.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Tamerlaine »

I suppose Kang’s purse has been stolen as well?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by sastaz »

Agreed on fast forwarding back to the others. Will post in that thread in ~8 hours.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tamerlaine wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:50 pm I suppose Kang’s purse has been stolen as well?
Did you read the update?
OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:54 pm Though all of his possessions remain in tact, his rather full yet unprotected coin purse has also been stolen during the night.

I tried to give all of you a chance....
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:47 pm let me know of any specific sleeping details for the night...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I guess I don't need to mention this anymore, :roll: :lol: but go ahead and rejoin the others once you're ready.

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 63#p627663

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”