(4) Bazaar

OGRE MAGE
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (4) Bazaar

#61 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm The stoic Kelt looks at Tuurma sideways. "How many would ye say ye killed? Dozens? Hundreds?"
Letting Cormag close the deal Tuurma addresses the Kelt's other question.

"I'm not sure. I get sort of carried away when I do combat. More than a dozen for sure but not a hundred. Are you saying there's more of them in that Mausoleum? Does anyone know what causes them to rise by the way? What is the source of this evil? Not some curse I hope."

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by redwarrior »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm Addressing Cormag as well. "Aye, ye have the look of yer folk. But I would watch meself if I were ye. Mooreen has bruk the hearts of many young lads such as yerself. Be cautious if yer plannin to get in deeper than ye already are, lad."

He looks over both suits of armor again in better detail. "Since its true were practically kin, I can sell ya the laminated armor for 150 gold coins. If that suits ye, I will alter it fer free, and make the necessary alterations fer the pale lady's armor as well. Do we have an accord, sir?"
Cormag grasps his hand, and hands over the coin, to seal the deal I thank you for your fair trade and your fair advice! I'll heartily take the one and heartily consider the other! Now let's see how this fits me....

Armor updated and 150 coin striken.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by hedgeknight »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:29 pm The old crone squints at the burns on Kain's face and chest. "Can't say I know of anything that would reverse that much damage, other than magic, of course. Do you know any experienced Clerics in town?"

She gets up really close and personal, feeling the scarring with one crooked finger. "A creature did this to you? Maybe there is another way......."
Ceana finally realizes what the old crone is saying. "Another way? Whatever we need to do, please tell us!"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:06 pm Kainaxarthos

"A sample?" He looks at Ceana. "I didn't ask. What happened to the ooze? Maybe there's some residue on our armor or blades?"

"I don't suppose anyone took some for research?"

He focuses on Madame Plasholdier "It was an ooze, dropped from the ceiling. Grey, I think, it wasn't well-lit."
hedgeknight wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:12 pm Ceana

The druid shrugs and replies, "Belloc may have taken a sample. I wanted nothing to do with the creature."
The wrinkled and tattered Bazaar seer shakes her head as she kisses the back of her remaining teeth. "An ooze, eh? Very dangerous creatures. Great ambush predators, I imagine?" She gets up close to poke at the scars on the clerics neck and face, her breath reeking of some unpleasant spice and stale pomegranate wine. "If ya dont have any of the creature's remains, I cant do much for you, deary. Have ya tried the fish-man in the Docks? I hear he has a few unorthodox methods that may help you if you cant afford the expensive priestly magicks."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#65 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:18 pm Letting Cormag close the deal Tuurma addresses the Kelt's other question.

"I'm not sure. I get sort of carried away when I do combat. More than a dozen for sure but not a hundred. Are you saying there's more of them in that Mausoleum? Does anyone know what causes them to rise by the way? What is the source of this evil? Not some curse I hope."
redwarrior wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:28 am Cormag grasps his hand, and hands over the coin, to seal the deal I thank you for your fair trade and your fair advice! I'll heartily take the one and heartily consider the other! Now let's see how this fits me....

Armor updated and 150 coin striken.
While Cormag is fitted in his new armor, and alterations are made to Tuurma's, the conversation about the zombies continues.

"Have ye not been in town long then, friends? The streets have been haunted by walking dead fer months here. It got so bad the Satrap ordered the curfew and shut down any unnecessary business dealings after sundown. I cant believe ye haven't heard about that."

The Kelt armorer thinks about it for a while longer.

"I heard the streets was clear of any major undead threats last night, so maybe, if ye killed as many as ye say, ye had something to do with that? Were you on some side mission for the Satrap or something? Or just out looking for treasure and trouble?"

Again, if there is anything else you wanted to purchase at the Bazaar, we can do that here. Just make a list and double the price from the book. If you spend enough, there may be a little wiggle room on the total final price.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

"I've only been in town a couple of days, so I probably don't know a lot about what is going on...or what has gone on before. My visions brought me here. Visions of snakes and some type of building in the desert. Any of that ring a bell?"

"And yes, we've been to the fishy fellow near the docks. I really don't want to go back there. How much would it cost for...physical repairs?"
Ceana winces as she says it, but doesn't know how else to word it.
Winter is coming...

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:28 pm "Have ye not been in town long then, friends? The streets have been haunted by walking dead fer months here. It got so bad the Satrap ordered the curfew and shut down any unnecessary business dealings after sundown. I cant believe ye haven't heard about that."

The Kelt armorer thinks about it for a while longer.

"I heard the streets was clear of any major undead threats last night, so maybe, if ye killed as many as ye say, ye had something to do with that? Were you on some side mission for the Satrap or something? Or just out looking for treasure and trouble?"
Tuurma is very thankful for the studded leather being thrown into the deal. She thanks the armorer, but before leaving, she halts in the doorway, studies the scars on her arms for a few seconds and then turns around and faces the armorer again.

"Wait. Do you mean you can get paid for killing undead?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:32 pm Ceana

"I've only been in town a couple of days, so I probably don't know a lot about what is going on...or what has gone on before. My visions brought me here. Visions of snakes and some type of building in the desert. Any of that ring a bell?"

The Seer looks at Ceana and shrugs, unable to heal the scars herself.

"More visions, eh?"

"Well, now. Let me think about what I've heard around here so far."

"The desert is scattered with gem mines, mostly rubies and emeralds, I think. But I don't go anywhere near those as they are protected by the Witch Queen herself."

"There are rumors of a weird hermit who wanders the nearby Zakath. I hear he's tweaked in the head though. Always blabbering on about some magic diamond or some such nonsense."

"I have also heard of monsters. Huge lizards, wild dogs, sandlings, snake people, creatures formed from solid rock......the usual."

"One person told me there is an old ruined palace out there somewhere that used to belong to an Ixian warlord from ages past, but I have never seen such a place with my own eyes."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#69 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:45 pm Tuurma is very thankful for the studded leather being thrown into the deal. She thanks the armorer, but before leaving, she halts in the doorway, studies the scars on her arms for a few seconds and then turns around and faces the armorer again.

"Wait. Do you mean you can get paid for killing undead?"
The armorer looks at Tuurma for a moment, then back to the others in the forge. The whole group breaks out in laughter.

"Well me pale lass, ye might have gotten paid, if ye were ta make a deal with that cheap bastard Satrap beforehand. But I doubt he's gonna pay anything after the deed is done."

"If ye really did clear the dead from the streets, the rest of the city will be grateful indeed. But the idea that you'd receive the reward once the job is already done is a concept our dear leader simply wouldn't understand. If ye understand me, that is."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"I've heard the tales of mines as well. The palace rumor is intriguing, but I don't care for lizards."

Kain pivots back to the fish-man. "I guess I'm talking to him again. Unless, how long do you think the ooze sticks around after death? Maybe I can go back."

"Oh. Who is in charge of property around here? If I want to set up shop somewhere, who do I talk to?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#71 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:32 pm Kainaxarthos

"I've heard the tales of mines as well. The palace rumor is intriguing, but I don't care for lizards."

Kain pivots back to the fish-man. "I guess I'm talking to him again. Unless, how long do you think the ooze sticks around after death? Maybe I can go back."

"Oh. Who is in charge of property around here? If I want to set up shop somewhere, who do I talk to?"
The ancient seer shakes her head. "I couldn't say for certain myself, but I would bet the dead ooze wouldn't stay around nearly as long as our bodies do."

She looks confused at the statement about setting up shop, answering with a creepy eye wink. "And just what wares have you to sell, my dear?"

"The Satrap controls such things, though he has a man in place who runs the Bazaar shops and stalls for him. His name is Ondrews, and if he isn't wandering the streets with his ledger in hand, you can probably find him at his office near the money changers and gem dealers shops. Across the way there."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He smiles warmly at the suggestive fortune-teller. "Thank you for your help. It doesn't take your gift to see that we will find each other again. Until then, good day."

Kain turns to Ceana. "I know you're not a fan of the fish guy. Care to find this Obdrews fellow together, and I can deal with fishy on my own?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#73 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hedgeknight will be a bit scarce for the next few days, so I can move that action along for Kain.

Along the fancier streets of the Bazaar, where the more prominent buildings and businesses are located, Kain and Ceana follow the row of gem dealers and money changers to a small building where official business appears to be handled. There is a sign out front that advertises permits and licenses, with the name Ondrews prominently displayed alongside.

The door to this mud daubed brick building is opened to the dry desert air, and even over the cocaphany of the Bazaar action all around you, a raucous and aggressive conversation can be heard coming from within.

Actions?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#74 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Do we have any actions from Tuurma or Cormag?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:28 pm The armorer looks at Tuurma for a moment, then back to the others in the forge. The whole group breaks out in laughter.

"Well me pale lass, ye might have gotten paid, if ye were ta make a deal with that cheap bastard Satrap beforehand. But I doubt he's gonna pay anything after the deed is done."

"If ye really did clear the dead from the streets, the rest of the city will be grateful indeed. But the idea that you'd receive the reward once the job is already done is a concept our dear leader simply wouldn't understand. If ye understand me, that is."
Tuurma looks a bit annoyed at first but then looses up and laughs along with the rest of the gang.

"It figures. Well, luckily for me, money is not my greatest concern. Not that I have a lot of it, just that I got bigger problems on my hands."

She raises a hand in a good bye-greeting.

"Thanks for the services rendered today gentlemen. Life goes on I guess, one step at a time. We'll meet again when this armor is torn apart by revenant claws as well."

She smiles and if the armorers do not ask anything else leaves.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma

After they've both left the shoppe, Tuurma turns to Cormag.

"Where are the others? If I know Belloc, he's at that magician's tower showing off his new staff. But I doubt I'll be let in there. Do you have any more errands in the Bazaar? I think I'm good for now."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by hedgeknight »

Along the fancier streets of the Bazaar, where the more prominent buildings and businesses are located, Kain and Ceana follow the row of gem dealers and money changers to a small building where official business appears to be handled. There is a sign out front that advertises permits and licenses, with the name Ondrews prominently displayed alongside.

The door to this mud daubed brick building is opened to the dry desert air, and even over the cocaphany of the Bazaar action all around you, a raucous and aggressive conversation can be heard coming from within.
Ceana glances at Kain and says, "Should we just barge on in or wait? Seems like someone is about to throw down."
The druid listens quietly to see what the argument is about.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#78 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:54 am Tuurma

After they've both left the shoppe, Tuurma turns to Cormag.

"Where are the others? If I know Belloc, he's at that magician's tower showing off his new staff. But I doubt I'll be let in there. Do you have any more errands in the Bazaar? I think I'm good for now."
It seems we may have lost Cormag?

Tuurma gets a friendly send off from the armorers, spotting Kain and Ceana walking across the far side of the dusty, odoriferous Bazaar grounds. She distinctly remembers Belloc saying he would be at the Astrologers Tower if they should have need of him.

Unsure if Cormag needs to buy anything else, she looks around the area herself for a moment, eventually catching sight of her strange one-eyed admirer from the back rooms of The Last Plank.

Amos, of Rel's Grotto, doesn't appear to have noticed the pale skinned woman as he chats with a man sitting atop a rather unpleasant looking desert camel.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He listens to the raucous conversation a bit longer than polite society demands. Eventually, he says "We knock, loudly, then enter and announce ourselves."

Kain smiles and does his best to tear himself away from eavesdropping. He knocks and enters the building. If the conversation continues, he won't announce himself, but move to be visible to the person seemingly in charge.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana nods and follows, keeping one hand on the hilt of her falcata.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”