(4) Bazaar

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (4) Bazaar

#41 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fresh off their trip from The Deep, a strange looking oddities dealer in the Docks area, Kain, Ceanna, and Maxon head back into the bustling Baazar. There they decide to stop and take in all the activities along their way back to the dangerous Masoleum they discovered the day before.

As they pass the tall Astrologers Tower, they spot an eclectic group of adventurers speaking to the guards and another man outside. Wondering if any of these folks would be interested in helping them rob some graves, they stop to observe this crew.

There are a pair of local fighter types among them, and a woman with ashen skin and blue hair completely covered in dried blood and other gore. There is a stout stranger from the east as well, along with a second mysterious looking bald fellow with a crazed look in one eye. An angry lookin half naked Pict stares at the trio of onlookers with an unfriendly expression on his ugly mug. A second woman is there too, much prettier than the first and covered in Esquimaux furs instead of blood.

One of this group, an Ixian by the looks of him, continues to observe the trio with great interest.
xenos.jpg
xenos.jpg (150.72 KiB) Viewed 1662 times

This is as good a spot as any to rearrange groups and fill out any party needs. Please feel free to mingle amongst the others if anyone wants any new additions to their groups.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon eavesdrops on the discussion, studying the gore- covered woman until he's sure that the blood isn't hers.
I'm not from the area. Who is Rel?
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

Kain smiles at the question. "Rel, my friend, is the god of thieves and all-around sneaky stuff. Not so much violence, that's someone else. Rel leans more towards non-confrontational thievery. Takes your money while showing you a good time. I've always found followers to be very friendly, maybe too much so."

He appraises the group, lingering on the esquimaux furs and bloody blue hair, before addressing the Ixian in Thracian. "Good morning, Sir. How are things going for you today? You've also picked up a following of outsiders I see."

"I am Kainaxarthos, and if I'm not mistaken, I think we may find some business together. Care to talk?" He glances at the tower and the guards. "Maybe somewhere quieter?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The Kelt glances at the Pict and frowns, until she focuses on the woman covered in blood and gore. She just stares and wonders aloud, "What the hell is that?"
Then she sees the Ixian and she gives him a long look up and down. She nods and murmurs, "Much better."
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

To combat the confusion, we can all move over to the Tower thread and continue the conversation there.

viewtopic.php?p=634452#p634452

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tuurma and Cormag stroll through the slowly emptying streets along the Bazaar, following their ears towards the ringing of steel on steel.

It isn't long before they are walking through a long lane of armorers, weapon makers, and general blacksmiths. The smell of burning dung and black smoke fill the air in this portion of the city.

They eventually spot a small group of red haired men and women milling around an open forge with a wooden sign overhead that reads simply, Black Mac.

Actions?

Tuurma AC:7 5/13
Cormag AC:4 5/11

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag joins the throng making pointless small talk for minute or two, while he watches to get a sense of the crowd and figures out who the man is charge is. Once he's pretty sure, he'll step forward and say Would you be the Mac D that Mooreen at the Last Plank sent me in search of?

Assuming he fesses up to being the same, Cormag puts out his hand She told me that you might be able to help me, Cormag's my name, and my friend here indicating Tuurma, with a second's hesitation for her to offer her name if she wants, but not so long that it gets awkward if she doesn't with some armor and weapons....

Assuming he sounds open, I'll tell him that I'm seeking some chain or laminate armor that won't break the bank, oh, and I can part with this barely scratched brigandine armor studded leather in part trade. Sadly, the last fellow chose to hit me where my armor wasn't! The ingrate!

If my assumptions aren't met, I'll do.... some other thing(s) :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#48 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A thread for Kain and Ceana:

While Ceana shops for a multitude of different adventuring supplies, and a bag of nuts, Kain ask around about salves or unguents that might help his burned skin.

The pair is directed to the fortune teller they met earlier, the one who supposedly told Ceana about her future. A future where they actually did locate a small fortune.

When the old woman sees the pair approaching, her eyes grow large as she blurts out her greeting. "Xathoqqua's balls, man! What happened to your pretty face?"

Actions?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma nods as Cormag explains the lay of the land, trying to stay somewhere where she is not readily visible to the moving crowd. Not wanting to cause any commotion.

"That's right. And it will be for a good cause as well as we're reducing the number of prowling dead that walks the streets at night. Need to keep their infected claws from tasting flesh, if you know what I mean."

She shows him one of her arms, covered in fresh scars (bite marks?)

"And before you ask, no, I'm not turning into one. But we need to stay protected, in order to protect you."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Is it that noticeable?" He laughs. "That Moreen swore it made me more distinguished."

"I actually came to inquire about ideas on how to remedy the scarring. Acid, I believe. Do you know any rumors about ways to repair it?"

Kain sits and enjoys a respite from the overhead sun.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druid pats Kain's shoulder in support and sits quietly awaiting the wise woman's advice, and searching the shadows with her eyes.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#52 Post by OGRE MAGE »

redwarrior wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:46 am Cormag joins the throng making pointless small talk for minute or two, while he watches to get a sense of the crowd and figures out who the man is charge is. Once he's pretty sure, he'll step forward and say Would you be the Mac D that Mooreen at the Last Plank sent me in search of?

Assuming he fesses up to being the same, Cormag puts out his hand She told me that you might be able to help me, Cormag's my name, and my friend here indicating Tuurma, with a second's hesitation for her to offer her name if she wants, but not so long that it gets awkward if she doesn't with some armor and weapons....

Assuming he sounds open, I'll tell him that I'm seeking some chain or laminate armor that won't break the bank, oh, and I can part with this barely scratched brigandine armor studded leather in part trade. Sadly, the last fellow chose to hit me where my armor wasn't! The ingrate!

If my assumptions aren't met, I'll do.... some other thing(s) :D
sastaz wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:34 am"That's right. And it will be for a good cause as well as we're reducing the number of prowling dead that walks the streets at night. Need to keep their infected claws from tasting flesh, if you know what I mean."

She shows him one of her arms, covered in fresh scars (bite marks?)

"And before you ask, no, I'm not turning into one. But we need to stay protected, in order to protect you."

Cormag is directed to the back of the forge, where the real good stuff is crafted. There the duo spot a man with corded muscles pounding out what appears to be a future sword blade. He sets his massive hammer down for a moment to speak with his kinsmen, giving a look of confusion to the ashen skinned Amazon as he speaks.
Mac D.jpg
Mac D.jpg (45.28 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

"Aye, ye found me. I know Mooreen as well as any other, I suppose. There's a lass with plenty ta offer, if ye understands me."

"Cormag, eh? Of the Gal Hills Cormags, no doubt? Ye must be nearly as lost as the rest of us then, eh friend?"

The burly man looks over the studded leather armor offered. "Aye, I can give ya around 10 gold coins as a trade-in offer fer that."

He points to a wall with custom armor and weapons displayed. "Did ye want custom fitted gear, er are ye okay with buying off the rack?"

Looking over the pre-made wares, the blacksmiths appear to have what you both need in stock. "We don't get many armor requests, since the damn metal is so hard ta come by ere, but yer welcome to try on anything ye sees."

The man looks at Tuurma sideways when she comments about the undead roaming the streets, as if he wanted to ask for more information, but doesn't.

Actions/Comments?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#53 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:30 pm Kainaxarthos

"Is it that noticeable?" He laughs. "That Moreen swore it made me more distinguished."

"I actually came to inquire about ideas on how to remedy the scarring. Acid, I believe. Do you know any rumors about ways to repair it?"

Kain sits and enjoys a respite from the overhead sun.
hedgeknight wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:30 pm Ceana

The druid pats Kain's shoulder in support and sits quietly awaiting the wise woman's advice, and searching the shadows with her eyes.
The old crone squints at the burns on Kain's face and chest. "Can't say I know of anything that would reverse that much damage, other than magic, of course. Do you know any experienced Clerics in town?"

She gets up really close and personal, feeling the scarring with one crooked finger. "A creature did this to you? Maybe there is another way......."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:15 pm He points to a wall with custom armor and weapons displayed. "Did ye want custom fitted gear, er are ye okay with buying off the rack?"

Looking over the pre-made wares, the blacksmiths appear to have what you both need in stock. "We don't get many armor requests, since the damn metal is so hard ta come by ere, but yer welcome to try on anything ye sees."

The man looks at Tuurma sideways when she comments about the undead roaming the streets, as if he wanted to ask for more information, but doesn't.

Actions/Comments?
Tuurma checks a few on the items on display, as well as the armor being offered for trade by Cormag.

"Well, thanks for asking. Usually I go with regular male armor, only thing is they usually don't close over the hips, by default, but I guess that is something you could fix for me by loosening the straps somewhat? Come to think of it, I might even be able to use that set if you just adjust the fit." She points at the studded leather put forward by Cormag.

She pauses, then answers the smith's unspoken question.

"They seem to rise from the Mausoleum, hordes of them. We had to root them out completely, no minor task. That threat is gone now, but I fear we have only tasted a fragment of the greater evil that is in the works." She sighs. "But you know, one step at a time, put one foot in front of the other and keep walking. We can never give up, right?"

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag smiles at the smith, Indeed, they be my kin! And I'm only recently away from there myself, exploring a bit of the rest of the world. Maybe with a little help from Mooreen, if she's willing, of course. This looks a fine bit of armor here. he says, trying on a set a laminated armor with a leather&steel skirt/kilt in place of leggings. How much will ye part with it for, given that we're practically cousins? he asks hopefully, and are you be able to alter my studded armor to fit my companion at a reasonable price?

Totally willing to hand the studded off to Tuurma for 10 gold and her paying for any alterations. I should have though of that myself before we set off.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He smiles ruefully at the mention of experienced clerics. "The irony is not lost on me." Kain's attention is caught when she mentions 'another way...'

"You say that as if the other way is forbidden or strange. I can accept that."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:04 pmTuurma sighs. "But you know, one step at a time, put one foot in front of the other and keep walking. We can never give up, right?"
redwarrior wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:58 pm Cormag smiles at the smith, Indeed, they be my kin! And I'm only recently away from there myself, exploring a bit of the rest of the world. Maybe with a little help from Mooreen, if she's willing, of course. This looks a fine bit of armor here. he says, trying on a set a laminated armor with a leather&steel skirt/kilt in place of leggings. How much will ye part with it for, given that we're practically cousins? he asks hopefully, and are you be able to alter my studded armor to fit my companion at a reasonable price?
The stoic Kelt looks at Tuurma sideways. "How many would ye say ye killed? Dozens? Hundreds?"

Addressing Cormag as well. "Aye, ye have the look of yer folk. But I would watch meself if I were ye. Mooreen has bruk the hearts of many young lads such as yerself. Be cautious if yer plannin to get in deeper than ye already are, lad."

He looks over both suits of armor again in better detail. "Since its true were practically kin, I can sell ya the laminated armor for 150 gold coins. If that suits ye, I will alter it fer free, and make the necessary alterations fer the pale lady's armor as well. Do we have an accord, sir?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#58 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:21 pm Kainaxarthos

He smiles ruefully at the mention of experienced clerics. "The irony is not lost on me." Kain's attention is caught when she mentions 'another way...'

"You say that as if the other way is forbidden or strange. I can accept that."
The still unintroduced woman stares into the soul of Kain via his eyes.

"I don't suppose you happen to have any remaining portion of the creature that did this to you? A sample of its acid, perhaps? Was it.......a giant bombardier beetle by any chance? Those damn things are everywhere."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"A sample?" He looks at Ceana. "I didn't ask. What happened to the ooze? Maybe there's some residue on our armor or blades?"

"I don't suppose anyone took some for research?"

He focuses on Madame Plasholdier "It was an ooze, dropped from the ceiling. Grey, I think, it wasn't well-lit."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druid shrugs and replies, "Belloc may have taken a sample. I wanted nothing to do with the creature."
Winter is coming...

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”