(4) Bazaar

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (4) Bazaar

#21 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If you two would kindly follow this link to the next adventure thread, we will see where these footprints lead.

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 35#p627735

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If this is your first visit to the Bazaar, here is a better overall description of the area: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 40#p625840

The Bazaar is just starting up when the four adventurers make their way through the middle of town.

Though a few stalls still remain empty this early, barkers often call out the wares they sell in the common tongue, making it easier to find what one might be looking for by sound in this busy place. Kain and Ceana see no sign of the fortune teller they met a day earlier.

Khalid seems content with the gear he has, but is willing to entertain suggestions from the pair who witnessed this mausoleum last night. "Is there anything specific you can think of that we may need to finish your search? A strong crowbar to crack open the sarcophagi, maybe?"

The pyromancer just shakes his head at the revelation that Maxon was too tired to warn him about possible danger, glad things didn't turn out any worse for them during the night attack. "Well, at least you didn't just go back to bed and ignore it like someone else did. I would also like to get to the bottom of the dark-skinned intruders, if you will have my help."

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

Maxon
For the moment. Maxon is content to walk the aisles, looking at the wares for sale. He's keeping an eye out for a reputable- looking gem merchant, so that he can convert one of his gems into cash.

I'd suggest torches, or a hooded lantern. Block and tackle for moving heavy stones. Spikes and a hammer. Prybar. Chalk or crayons for marking directions in mazes. Food and water, of course. There's probably a lot more that I can't think of right now.
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He rubs his hands together as Maxon lists out a delver's toolbag. "Good, then. I do tend to focus on magic more than I should. A practical touch will mesh nicely."

The lightness of his coin purse reminds him to pack lightly. "I've got chalk and a few torches. Rope would be good. If we can get a deal on that block and tackle, that may work. I'd like to return with more money than I leave with."

"The more the merrier, Khalid. And good call on that crowbar. I was actually most concerned about traps. So, what's best for tripwires and stuff? Large poles?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The Kelt druid listens as Maxon and Kain make plans for exploration. She is distracted by the visions of snakes...
"What about anti-venom? You know, for snake bites. I have a feeling we may run into some."
She tries to recall if there are any home remedies for such she may have learned in the hills of her home.
Winter is coming...

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Urson »

Maxon
I had a sparring partner who swore the only snakebite remedy you need is a flask of strong wine. I don't think I'll test his idea.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Bazaar

It turns out that even before all the stalls are manned, the Bazaar is a great place for one stop shopping. All of the items the group mentions to help their expedition run smoothly can be found here, and most of it seems to be of fairly good quality. Khalid looks around, wondering who is going to be footing the bill for all these supplies, when Maxon asks about reputable gem merchants.

While he is directed to the fancier outer stalls, the permanent structures attached to the front of peoples homes, Ceana asks aloud about snake venom. One old man selling strange looking glassware overhears the comely woman. "Only place I know to get something like that is The Deep. Strange looking half-fish feller's got a place in the Dock's area."

Tallying up their shopping list, the foursome looks around at each other quizzically once the mention of traps and trip wires is breached, with each of them suddenly understanding that breaking into things is really not this groups forte.

Actions?

Gems and jewelry can be traded for coin at a number of merchants stalls, and all of them give out pretty much the same rates. A straight 10% fee is charged for breaking gems down into coin.

If you want all the items mentioned, I can give you a lump price. Otherwise feel free to pick and choose.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

The Cleric's eyes twinkle as he reads the faces of his companions. "Four oughta do it, don't you think? You think we need one more?" He looks at Ceana. "You think we need one more. All right, we'll get one more."

"We need someone well versed in traps. Let's go find that someone."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

"And while we're at it, lets go to The Deep...whatever that is," the druid says,
To the old man who gave her the tip, she offers a silver piece. "Yoon'Deh bless you, good sir." She squeezes the fellow's hand as she places the silver in his palm.
Winter is coming...

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon exchanges a sapphire for coin. (+90 gp.) Unless someone wants to RP haggling with the merchants, I have no problem doing a lump- sum purchase.

A small bag of sand and a rope works pretty well for tripwires. Tie the sandbag to the rope, toss it ahead of you, and pull it back, and the tripwires are triggered without anyone being the "guest of honor".
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#31 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Before I rush you off to The Deep, lets make sure we make all the purchases you need while we are here in the marketplace so we don't need to keep jumping back to this thread.

50' of Rope 1gp
Hooded lantern 7gp
Block and tackle 5gp
10 Iron Spikes/Hammer 2gp
Heavy Iron Prybar 1gp

If you want the package deal, I'll give you the non desert mark-up price straight out of the book.

16gp will get you this entire lot of equipment.

Is there anything else while were here?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Looks good to me.

To the Deep!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Urson »

fuel or candles for the lantern- whichever.
FA FO

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana has a couple of torches and two gold pieces to add to the pot.
Otherwise, she's broke.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once you figure out who pays, you can head over to the Docks district next.

This is your only warning. :lol:

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 13&t=12286

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Is Maxon able to pay up front? We could arrange payment after if/when we get something.

I think we need to explicitly tell OM who is buying. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The "warning" was actually about the next thread. :lol:

Khalid has 5gp he can offer up as well.

I assume Maxon will pick up the remaining bill, but I will let Urson decide that.

They will obviously want the coin up front, no tabs.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon covers the costs, with agreement that he'll be paid back from whatever they find.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Perfect!

Maxon pays the 16gp and the man throws in a few lantern candles for free.

He can be paid back out of the main treasure list after the adventure, if there is any treasure.
:mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#40 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will post this link again in case Hedge didn't see it initially. :mrgreen:

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 13&t=12286

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”