(4) Bazaar

OGRE MAGE
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (4) Bazaar

#81 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:31 pm Unsure if Cormag needs to buy anything else, she looks around the area herself for a moment, eventually catching sight of her strange one-eyed admirer from the back rooms of The Last Plank.

Amos, of Rel's Grotto, doesn't appear to have noticed the pale skinned woman as he chats with a man sitting atop a rather unpleasant looking desert camel.
Tuurma halts and for a few moments seem to have some kind of internal conversation with herself going on, looking to the left, then to the right, muttering something, shaking her head. Finally, she mumbles "oh, what the fuck" and wanders off towards Amos.

She stops a few yards away from Amos and the camel man, putting her hands to her side, stating clearly:

"Amos, we meet again. I survived. Barely. What have you been up to?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#82 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kain and Ceana are unable to make out the gist of any conversation, so they enter the open door to find an office space with 4 separate areas walled off by 5 foot tall dividers, open at the top. In each of these four equal spaces sits an old, warped wooden desk and a few uncomfortable looking chairs. A total of 9 men are inside this stuffy room, most of them don’t even bother to stop talking loudly to each other, despite your obvious arrival.

One plan looking man with tanned skin, adorned in the fine robes of a Xambaali official, with gold and black trim and an expensive turban looks up from the ledger on his desk. “Yes? I am Ondrews. What is it you seek?”

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The Kelt elbows Kain in the ribs…then just smiles at the man, Ondrews.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#84 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:22 pm Tuurma halts and for a few moments seem to have some kind of internal conversation with herself going on, looking to the left, then to the right, muttering something, shaking her head. Finally, she mumbles "oh, what the fuck" and wanders off towards Amos.

She stops a few yards away from Amos and the camel man, putting her hands to her side, stating clearly:

"Amos, we meet again. I survived. Barely. What have you been up to?"
Amos seems a bit startled at the sight of his former target of pursuit, but quickly shakes that notion off.

He dismisses the man on the camel with a nod and some strange hand signals that Tuurma has never seen before. Once alone again, the one-eyed Amos shows his crocked smile to Tuurma, as if he had never stopped trying to get her attention.

"Well, well. It seems you have finally come to your senses. For I have been waiting on you this whole time, my dear. Are you finally ready to hear me out?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:00 pm Amos shows his crocked smile to Tuurma, as if he had never stopped trying to get her attention.

"Well, well. It seems you have finally come to your senses. For I have been waiting on you this whole time, my dear. Are you finally ready to hear me out?"
Tuurma draws a deep breath and then smiles back.

"I am. Spill the beans." she says, suddenly realizing that might be an idiom from her homeland.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He bows cordially to the man. "Good to meet you, I am Kainaxarthos Satani."

"I am interested in purchasing or renting a building to be used as a residence and office. I understand that you are the man to see about such things."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#87 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:15 pm Ceana

The Kelt elbows Kain in the ribs…then just smiles at the man, Ondrews.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:39 pm Kainaxarthos

He bows cordially to the man. "Good to meet you, I am Kainaxarthos Satani."

"I am interested in purchasing or renting a building to be used as a residence and office. I understand that you are the man to see about such things."
The man who introduced himself as Ondrews stands from his desk to size up the pair in his office.

"Greetings Mr. Satini. Misses Satani? May I ask what purpose you intend to use this office building for? We have availability now, but I cant go giving out property deeds for just anything, you understand. Will it be for business? Pleasure? Or just used for a private residence? Also, do you have any specific location in mind?"

The man keeps his tone and demeanor very professional, but a couple of the other men in the room seem to be leering at Ceana a bit more than she would like.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:13 pm Tuurma draws a deep breath and then smiles back.

"I am. Spill the beans." she says, suddenly realizing that might be an idiom from her homeland.
Amos looks around himself, ending up at the area just below his belt.

"Beans? You want me to spill my......" He thinks about it for a second.

"OH! Spill the information. I get you now. Hyperborean humor? Yes! Well, the offer hasn't changed my dear. I want to show you off to my mentor at the Temple of Rel. Will you and your new friend accompany me this time?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druidess catches the eyes of the leering men as she scratches an imaginary itch on the bridge of her nose, sniffs loudly, and looks back at Kain and smiles.
Winter is coming...

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag continues to make small talk with the smith, asking more questions about Moreen for a few minutes, until it becomes obvious that he's delaying the man from paying custom, at which point he bids him a good day. Calling to Tuurma I'm for the tavern! , he turns and heads back that way.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

Kain looks at Ceana and answers. "What do you think, dear? Something on the East Side?"

Back to Ondrews. "I'm looking for a residence, with a space for small gatherings of distinguished people to enjoy fine spirits in fine company. A tradition I am fond of. Perhaps once I am settled, you would be interested? I would be most honored."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:33 pm Amos looks around himself, ending up at the area just below his belt.

"OH! Spill the information. I get you now. Hyperborean humor? Yes! Well, the offer hasn't changed my dear. I want to show you off to my mentor at the Temple of Rel. Will you and your new friend accompany me this time?"
Tuurma is just about to ask Cormag as she sees him heading for the tavern. "I... oh crap, he's on his way already?! And I thought I was the impatient one." She asks Amos to accompany her to the tavern to speak to Cormag directly. "In that way you can clear up any questions he might have for you right away."

As they walk she adds, "my former companions seemed to have bad experiences with you, or rather with your god, but as far as I'm concerned, we start from a clean slate. I'm willing to hear you out at least, and I think Cormag might be interested to go with us to your temple. We might have two more joiners, but they're in the Tower right now, solving some arcane mystery, or what not."

Tuurma will accompany Amos to the Temple of Rel either way.

As soon as I know if Amos is willing to come along to The Last Plank, I can post there accordingly so Cormag may react IC.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:14 pm Kainaxarthos

Kain looks at Ceana and answers. "What do you think, dear? Something on the East Side?"

Back to Ondrews. "I'm looking for a residence, with a space for small gatherings of distinguished people to enjoy fine spirits in fine company. A tradition I am fond of. Perhaps once I am settled, you would be interested? I would be most honored."
The ogling men almost seemed amused by Ceana's action, though they don't really stop staring at here for very long.

Ondrew's continues with Kain.

"So you don't intend for the property to be used as a business, then. That should make things much easier, as a residence will require far less paperwork to complete."

"Have you looked around the Inner City much? I could have an assistant show you around to the available properties currently for sale. I am certain you will find something to your liking, friends."

"I assume you have the funds for such an endeavor as well?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#94 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:02 pm
OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:33 pm Amos looks around himself, ending up at the area just below his belt.

Tuurma is just about to ask Cormag as she sees him heading for the tavern. "I... oh crap, he's on his way already?! And I thought I was the impatient one." She asks Amos to accompany her to the tavern to speak to Cormag directly. "In that way you can clear up any questions he might have for you right away."

As they walk she adds, "my former companions seemed to have bad experiences with you, or rather with your god, but as far as I'm concerned, we start from a clean slate. I'm willing to hear you out at least, and I think Cormag might be interested to go with us to your temple. We might have two more joiners, but they're in the Tower right now, solving some arcane mystery, or what not."

Tuurma will accompany Amos to the Temple of Rel either way.

As soon as I know if Amos is willing to come along to The Last Plank, I can post there accordingly so Cormag may react IC.
Amos gladly accepts the invite to the tavern, and is down right beaming at the mention of starting over with a clean slate.

"I promise you wont regret this decision."

With that, they both take off for the Docks District.

I will pick this action up there with a new post shortly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Properties around the inner city should be good. I am confident we can find something agreeable and affordable. Aside from my previous wealth, I recently identified a den of undead that proved lucrative."

Kain pauses and looks pensive. "It's interesting, actually. There is a trail of tracks toward the city, and more tracks appear each night." He turns to Ceana. "Wasn't there a rumor of snatchings in the outer city? Wouldn't it be a coincidence if they were related?"

He looks unconcerned and waves it away. "I"m sure the guard is on that particular problem and doesn't need our help."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#96 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ondrew's looks over Kain and Ceana again, continuing with a serious tone. "A den of undead, you say? Well, I for one would like to learn more about that, if you don't mind. I work directly under the Satrap you see, and he has been complaining about that very situation for weeks now. It is the reason for the nighttime curfew we are currently under, after all."

The man pulls a huge dusty ledger from a shelf behind him and opens it on his desk, flipping through a few pages till he finds what he is looking for.

"We have several smaller buildings around town that should suit your needs, sir. I will call on my assistant to show you around to them all, if you wish. Hopefully you can find something you like soon enough."

Actions?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

Clearing her throat, the Kelt druid speaks up. "The undead have been vanquished by sword and blood. We lost a companion, and I'm afraid, another has...well, another is seeking...assistance right now. The Satrap should know. Will you tell him, or will he grant an audience with us?"
Winter is coming...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He places a hand on Ceana's shoulder. "Ha ha. Ceana here has a way of exaggerating things. Vanquished is too strong a word, there are more doors and areas to explore. And the tracks are still fresh. More work is needed to call it vanquished."

"We would be glad to discuss further, whenever you desire. Until then, I would appreciate your assistant's tour."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#99 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ondrews tracks his glare back and forth, trying to determine which speaker he should take seriously, responding to Ceana in the affirmative. “Yes, this news I will tell him.”

Then eventually nodding at Kain. “Of course sir. Caldwell here can show you through the list of properties for sale. It shouldn’t take long to see all the offerings. Hopefully you can find something agreeable.”

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Excellent. I'm sure we can find something agreeable. And let me know if you require more information about the undead. I'm just as sure we can be amenable to returning to finish the job."

Kain nods at Caldwell and offers a greeting. "Lead the way, good sir."

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”