(3) Grotto Of Rel

OGRE MAGE
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (3) Grotto Of Rel

#41 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma clears her throat.

"Well...I wouldn't say fifty. More like ten or twenty, and I had some help, even if they mostly stayed out of my range. Anyway, a lot of good that did me! As you can see, I'm still poor and dirty. Hopefully some slave kids won't get eaten alive now at least, that something I guess."

She pauses for a while.

"Actually, that's partly the very reason I came here. To see if this curse, or disease, that's plaguing the city has something to do with my own...condition. But it seems I run into trouble wherever I go. I guess that's my lot in life, huh?" She manages a sad but sincere smile.

"And no, I'm not Hyperborean, that I know of anyway. It's my condition that is causing the skin color. The stature I have from my mother, bless her."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#42 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rjoi'den takes it all in thoughtfully.

"Indeed. I suspected you were involved. But you say no coin or valuables were found inside this tomb? That sounds like a waste of time and blood."

He thinks about your words a little longer. "And you have some affinity for our slave caste here?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma weighs her words carefully.

"Well, I did turn a giant lizard into pulp for them. However, as you can imagine, I was too worn out to really enjoy the celebrations that followed. But absolutely. I'm not even sure they know who cleared that temple from the living dead. What did you have in mind? I won't do anything to harm them, they're already living in absolute poverty."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#44 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I agree with you, I just don't normally hear folks like you who care much about them."

"So, it seems you have valuable skills to offer after all. If you intend to help these folks with their problem, come see me once the deed is done. I would bet I could find more work I need done that is well suited to your talents."

"Do we have a deal?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma makes a very low clicking sound with her tongue, obviously running pros and cons of this arrangement through her mind.

Finally, she says.

"We do. We will meet here after this is done and things has settled down a bit. Then we can talk about suitable compensation as well. I have to go see my friend at the tavern with haste, we have some planning to do. Farewell for now."

If nothing unexpected happens, or Rjoi'den takes this conversation in a totally different direction, Tuurma leaves to meet up with Cormag at The Last Plank.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rjoi'den bows low.

"I wish you Rel's luck in dealing with the murderous priest."

"Come back and see us once the deed is done."

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”