OGRE MAGE
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: (13) The Last Plank (Docks Tavern)

#261 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Belkregos wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:43 pm
Ahlmzhad wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:36 pm Taibhse

Cautiously takes part in the celebration. He will inquire of Belloc where this tower is, and if he can consult with him professionally in the future.
sastaz wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:34 pm

Belloc, who was beginning to speak to Taibhse, glanced at Tuurma with curiosity. 'Are you interested in the arcane?' he asked. "the art is a colossal creation born from a community, and each of us contributes to elevating the tower. I would be more than happy to share any insights; a different perspective is a rare gem that I have learned to appreciate.'"

Returning his focus to Taibhse, Belloc continued, 'I was planning on heading back to the astrologer's tower right after I caught my breath. If you are interested, I can arrange access for you, provided you don't mind being introduced as my new assistant. Truth be told, I could truly benefit from the assistance. The rituals and research involved are strenuous and demand unwavering concentration, even to the point of pushing oneself to physical exhaustion. This undertaking will require a few days of dedication. By observing and perhaps participating in the rituals, you will gain an intimate understanding of the art, allowing you to make an informed decision about your continued interest.'"

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:43 pm Actions?

Once we get a little more RP in here, and folks have determined where they will go next, I can swing the action in the right direction. I will start at the Astrolegers Tower, if Belloc and Taibhse are ready. Once we get settled in for the night, the XP rewards will flow.
OOC: ready to go boss
Hearing this great offer from Belloc, he replies. "Yes I would be quite interested in being your assistant. I had begun studies in my homeland, but have no one to work with here. My initial studies were in the area of magic I think this staff comes from."

I too am ready to go.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma returns Ceana's praise. "Thank you sister. You fought valiantly as well, we all did. Family sounds nice. It was...a long time ago I had one. She smiles sadly.

Tuurma will pick up a bastard sword, studded leather armor and a hand axe. 2x price makes that 120 gp, deducted.

She'll follow Belloc, if he so permits, as a bodyguard of sorts. Asked about this, she simply states she has a personal interest in that staff and anything Belloc can find out about it.

If the Bazaar visit with Cormag happens first and does not permit her following Belloc, she will prioritize the Bazaar visit since she is in dire need of new gear.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#263 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Recuperating From The Lost Mausoleum
Early Evening
To The Survivors Go The Spoils

Taibhse agrees to go along with Belloc as an assistant of sorts, likely the only way he gets the Shaman inside the Astrologers Tower for any length of time, despite the badly scarred Picts necromantic background. Belloc mentions that his studies will likely take a few days time, though he agrees to meet with the others periodically so future potential endeavors can be discussed.

Cormag gets the reply he expects from Mooreen. "That's right sugar, the Bazaar is where a young strapping lad such as yourself would find the deadly tools of his trade." She leans in closer, rubbing up on his arm a little. "Find a kinsmen named Mac D. Tell him I sent ye an ye may get a wee deal."

Tuurma agrees to a shopping trip with the young Kelt, hoping they can replenish their lost items. Telling Belloc she will find him once their wares are purchased.

Kainaxarthos agrees to look for lodgings with Ceana, after the two of them go on a shopping spree of their own. It seems the lady has already established a smart list of necessities to purchase.

With no place for the group to sleep arranged yet, the half tipsy party splits into thirds to cover more ground of the city before darkness sets in.

Unless there is more you want to do here, I will address these needs individually in the proper threads.

Any final actions in the tavern?

Belloc and Taibhse: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 25#p660625

Cormag and Tuurma: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 26#p660626

Kain and Ceana: Where would you like to start? I have Ceana buying items in the Bazaar already. Is that a good place or do you have another in mind?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Bazaar works I think. Able to get rumors of real estate and possible salves and balms for his scarring.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag returns to the tavern, and thanks Moreen for her excellent advice and generally flirts with her as her duties allow while eating a meal and nursing a few ales while he awaits his companions' return.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#266 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Cormag the hungry Kelt is the first to return to the end of the docks, hoping to find his sassy redheaded barkeep right where he left her.

Mooreen is there, with her usual wicked smile and ample cleavage hanging out of her strong, tight blouse. She motions for Cormag to take a seat and eventually comes around to serve the thirsty adventurer.

"Well, if it isnt Cormag, returned to spin us more yarns of his haughty past, no doubt? Did ye and yer friends find what ye was looking fer, handsome?"

Eventually, Cormag is joined by some other familiar faces when Xenos, Cyril, Akhilleus, and a massive stranger who looks like one of the native slaves here in Xambaala enter the tavern looking for a meal and some drinks.

Mooreen quickly snaps her head around and looks Sik up and down before she speaks to the group. "I aint lookin fer no trouble ere, so I hope ye aint lookin ta cause any with this fella."

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Once inside, Xenos uncovers his face. He smiles at Mooreen

"We want no trouble good lady, just food and drink. I was wondering if that accommodation you mentioned when we were last here is still available?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest follows the others in.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#269 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cyril
"Yes...drink would be good. I almost died again. I'd prefer to forget about it for a few minutes." He nods to Cormag and takes a seat.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#270 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mooreen doesn't look convinced, but she allows the others inside anyway, pointing them to the very back of the back room. She brings pitches of ale or whatever else is ordered, trying to remember which accommodations Xenos is talking about.

"Oh yes. The basement floor of the brothel next door? But I thought your pale faced warrior woman wanted nothing to do with such a place?"

Noticing that Tuurma is no longer with this group, she looks sideways for a moment. "Unless she is no longer.......with you?" She makes a cutting motion with her hand across her throat for visual reference.

Almost on cue, Tuurma suddenly enters the tavern next, accompanied by the one eyed man she was talking with a few days earlier. The man seems pleased initially, but his face scrunches slightly when he spots all the others already assembled inside the tavern. "Hey! What's all this then? I hope you still intend to go with me to meet my master."

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by shaidar »

Xenos replies to Mooreen

"Ah, as you can see Tuurma is alive and well. This arrangement would be for a smaller group, so that wouldn't be a problem, but we'd want exclusive use of the floor."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will pull a chair up to the same table as Xenos, "Looks like some survivors."

He nods to Tuurma, "Hail crazy one."

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#273 Post by silifi »

Sik looks the woman up and down himself, mimicking her demeanor. "You have no trouble from Sik if no trouble is given to Sik. "

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#274 Post by The_Wanderer »

Rex wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:39 pm Drest
He nods to Tuurma, "Hail crazy one."
Cyril's head pivots, eyebrows raising at Drest's salutation. "Oh you mean her."

"What is your plan Xenos? Is this more than a social gathering?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Well, I was planning on having a decent meal and a good drink. Beyond that I'm aiming to find somewhere for us to stay for at least tonight, but hopefully longer. Nothing fancy, but our new friend will draw interest and this place should be discrete. Lastly, I thought it might be worth seeing if anyone is interested in joining us for a return to the fortress, otherwise we'll have to hire some help. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Yes, see if anyone is interested in joining us. If not we can try and pool our coin and hire someone."

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#277 Post by silifi »

Sik

Sik observes the conversation with some discomfort and bewilderment at the new faces and activity going on around him, particularly the Pict who joined their table unannounced.

"You intend to go back to the fortress? For what purpose?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"We ran out of food before we'd finished searching the place. There could be more of those snake-men or dwarves around. It won't be safe there until we are know they are all dead, and it sends a message to their kind, hopefully they will stay away."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus greets Tuurma but keeps a certain distance from her... Mostly as a precaution. Although if the pale woman decides to join them, he will not show any signs of being against it.

"That's it, let's rest for one night and return as soon as possible. We don't know how much more we have to explore, but there are probably many... interesting things...

It would be appreciated to have one more healer in the group, but if we don't find one, an additional warrior will also be beneficial."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"We are going to need food, water and light sources. We also need ranged weapons, ideally crossbows, but we might have to settle for slings. And we ought to consider a weighted net and some bludgeoning weapons for...you know what. Do we have time to see if anyone in the tower knows anything about such creatures?"

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”