OOC - UtVoV

tibbius
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC - UtVoV

#21 Post by Pulpatoon »

My laptop died this week, and it's taking me some time to work out a new solution. Apologies for forthcoming delays!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by tibbius »

no worries!
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

As I understand the rules, Chones has taken a Wound, and can only take 4 more before he's dead. Am I reading this correctly?
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:30 pm As I understand the rules, Chones has taken a Wound, and can only take 4 more before he's dead. Am I reading this correctly?
No.
On Wounds.png
On Wounds.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Notice that Chones has been sandbagging a bit while Foulqueret dealt with the opposition. Theoretically, he could take as many as 9 more wounds (dropping stuff as required) before dying.

I believe his wound was "just a scratch" as he is only one? hit point below zero.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Urson »

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by tibbius »

Shall we agree that's the end of Chapter 1, so to speak?

This is a good time for discussing what we'd like to see next.

I imagine that their involvement death of the handsome young Kiddaw, a comer in the Friends of Jak, will bring all kinds of trouble down upon our heroes. Plus, PG#3 still expects them to serve Crimson Warrants on three particular Friends. Whom they do not know how to track down.

Do we want to roll immediately to corpse disposal, or handwave that and cut to a later scene? Maybe Kiddaw's lodgings? Maybe trying to find out where he lodged?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Pulpatoon »

Seems like a good place for a chapter break. Picking up at Kiddaw's lodging seems good—I don't relish navigating the gruesome details of corpse disposal in the far flung future.

By the way, I'm enjoying that our characters seem totally out of their depth, and are just blundering through the world until they can't think of anything else and then resorting to violence. It's very colorfully pulp.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Urson »

This looks like a chapter break to me, yeah. As far as I'm concerned, the sketched-out plan to dump Kiddaw in an alley is enough detail on that.

I do suspect that Chones and F are being used by some third party to stir up trouble between the Friends and PG#3.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by tibbius »

I'm going to handwave the dead body issues, and move to the next interesting thing: finding out where Kiddaw lived. Let's discuss in this thread where you might go to start at that, and once we've reached a good idea, I'll open a new chapter IC.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Pulpatoon »

First step would be to check the body for any indications of where he lived.

Are there any organizations or administrative bodies that might have this information?

Last ditch: surreptitiously follow the girl from the bowling alley, in case she goes to, ah, I dunno, pay her respects or something.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Urson »

Is there such a thing as "True- Kin Town, " where the Pure live?
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:30 pm Is there such a thing as "True- Kin Town, " where the Pure live?
Indeed, they all dwell up on the arch of Gnomon (you can see it in the map) and literally look down on the rest of the city.

Kiddaw must have been some kind of honorary cousin to the old cacogen whom one of you (Chones?) chatted up. I'm sure there was a story to be told, there, but we didn't get a chance. Maybe you could track her down and ask where Kiddaw lodges.

There is a registry of citizens that takes a census biennially. The last round was several months ago. Probably they would search their records for a fee. Where would you get the tokens for that?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Urson »

Folks: I'm a regular on the Goodreads.com site. They do giveaways of pre-release books for people to read and review- I assume this is to start some buzz about the book, and to get some random quotes for the book cover.
I just got a copy of How to Defend your Lair, by Keith Ammann (who also wrote The Monsters Know What They're Doing). It's a guide to planning encounters with logic, so that your monsters and NPC's aren't just swordfodder that the PCs can mow down like weeds.
I'll post my thoughts on the book when I've finished it.
FA FO

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Pulpatoon »

Nice to hear! I liked his previous books, and could definitely raise my encounter-building game. I just received a copy of MT Black's Tome of Adventure Design, but haven't had a chance to crack into it yet.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by dmw71 »

It has been 30 days since the last post, so I’m just checking in on the status of this game.

This one still going?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Pulpatoon »

Unsure.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#37 Post by dmw71 »

With no response from tibbius (Last active: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm), I am regretfully going to move this game to the Abandoned list.

It can always be restored upon request if/when tibbius returns.

-- Project --
-- DM --

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by tibbius »

dmw71 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:11 pm With no response from tibbius (Last active: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm), I am regretfully going to move this game to the Abandoned list.

It can always be restored upon request if/when tibbius returns.

Could you please restore?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by dmw71 »

tibbius wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:23 pm Could you please restore?
This is (obviously) done.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Pulpatoon »

We're back! Hurray!