gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

#1 Post by gurusql »

Introductions
The Crusaders Base in New Chicago
11:50 AM Local Time – Wednesday, July 1st, 1987

An unmarked white panel van with tinted windows pulls into the Crusader's driveway. Agent McGinley opens a briefcase and and makes a call on speaker phone and says "Identify Agent McGinley, please open the garage door directly in front of me." and an electronic sounding voice replies, "I am sorry agent, you will need to use the parking space to your left". Moments later the garage door to the left starts to open. Agent McGinley replies, "Thank you CHIP." and then hangs up the phone and after backing up enough to make the turn, he parks the van in the garage. Inside, the garage is a white and blue Suzuki GSX-R750 parked in the middle space. Once the van is inside the garage door begins to close. Inside the house, CHIP announces over everyone's communicator that Agent McGinley and the new recruits have arrived and will be entering via the garage entrance. When this announcement comes Wind Dragon is in the kitchen cooking some kind of Egg Rolls, Eclipse and Dos Seso are in the War Room and Azir was in the middle of walking down the stairs.

The four visitors exit the van and then enter the house. The four people that enter the house are Agent McGinley in a light blue suit with some navy blue stripes and a solid brown tie, a 1.3 m tall Bonobo which many of you have heard of the first non-human to get human rights and you assume that this is him, Oleander Pan. In addition, there is a youth of about 15 years and woman of perhaps 40 years. (I will let the players new and old provide better descriptions of themselves.)

The quartet enter the house via the kitchen and gather in the great room. The house smells of Wind Dragon's Egg Rolls which are on the counter with two sauces one of which is brown and thin and the other is red and thicker..

"After we do introductions, I do have information on the Dragon Shield and Dragon Macuahuitl" says Agent McGinley

Actions?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

#2 Post by Leitz »

The boy wore jeans and a short sleeve button up shirt, with tanned skin and dark wavy hair. He was as tall as the older woman and stayed close to her. When McGinley spoke, he smiled at the older woman, squeezed her hand, and then set down his backpack. It clunked with the familiar weight of school books, and he unzipped the top before stepping forward.

"I st..tutter. Sorry," he said respectfully. He looked at each of the Crusaders in turn. "I wear a suit b..but Mom is still f..fixing it. I g..grew a lot last year."

He looked around, and then at McGinley. "Oh, and I am c..called Knight Light."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan looks around the room with an appraising eye, taking in the details of the space before focusing in on the people. He is short, dark, and hairy, with grey around his muzzle. He is dressed in a schlubby old tweed jacket over a heather grey sweatshirt, and chinos ending in bare feet.
Oleander Pan.png
Oleander Pan.png (421.18 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
He digs around in his jacket pockets and pulls out a crumpled white paper bag, plucks a snack out and eats it, and the offers the bag to the boy called Knight Light. "Teriyaki termites? I know, I know, you don't think it's human food. But they're good, I promise."

Turning his attention to the rest, he says, "Anyway, pleased to meet you. You're the guys that did the thing with the vice president, right? Good work.

"So, I'm Oleander Pan. Not a monkey, not a chimp, and I like a banana about as much as you do, but no more. If you're the right age, you mighta' seen me on some kid's shows, clowning around. Long story short: I was young and trying to establish myself in human society, and did some things that I find embarrassing, now. I will not sign your lunchbox.

"Er... sorry if that sounded canned. I've had to say it alot. I look forward to working with you."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

"How nice to meet all of you." says Wind Dragon. He holds out his hand and shakes each hand of the newcomers starting with the Mom and moving around the room. Then he motions back to the kitchen and floats a tray with the Egg Rolls, sauces, plates and napkins into the Great Room offering them to the guests.

Wind Dragon is wears light tan Keikogi pants with a red tie belt around his waist. He also wears a matching red mask that ties behind his head. He does not wear a shirt, but has a large tattoo of a of a light blue Chinese dragon on his chest and arms. He does not carry any weapons.
WindDragon.png
WindDragon.png (173.46 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir finished coming down the stairs. "A pleasure to meet you both. I am Azir."

Azir appears to be in her late 20's.
zpzSuZA.jpg
zpzSuZA.jpg (128.17 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse joins them in the great room

"Pleased to meet you all. I'll introduce you to CHIP later. You've probably already guessed that I'm eclipse. We're always looking for new recruits. What has Agent McGinley told you so far?

Eclipse is average height and build, with a black unitard and biker boots and jacket, each with gold trim. He also wears a gold (material) 'helmet' that covers the top of his head, but you can at least tell that he is white. He speaks with a Chicago accent.
eclipse.jpg
eclipse.jpg (52.14 KiB) Viewed 2241 times
eclipse_alt.jpg
eclipse_alt.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 2241 times

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by VonAlric »

A couple of steps behind Eclipse, another man enters the room. He is wearing a dark grey unitard and mask. The mask has a white starburst centered on the forehead and spreads out across the mask and down the suit. You can see a small black ponytail coming out of the back of mask. He is just under 6' with an athletic build. When he speaks, his accent suggests a west coast locale but no ethnicity.

"Nice to meet you all. I am known as Dos Seso."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan digs a small spiral-bound notebook and a ballpoint pen out of his pocket. He flips to a dog-eared page and nibbles on the end of the pen as he reads what is written there. "I been reading in the papers about you guys—it's all speculation, but this is what they think you guys have. Wind Dragon, you're martial arts, right? But from the egg rolls, I'm guessing that's not all, right? Telekinesis? Levitation? Air control?

"Eclipse: some sorta energy manipulation. You can definitely fly with it, there's been footage of that. What else?

"Azir's obviously very physically capable, but is there more? and just how capable? And Des Soso, you're a mystery. From your name, the assumption is that you have something to do with duplication, making lookalikes, or something. But no one has seen any evidence of it."

"Knight Light, what's the suit do? And how should we address your mother? Mrs. Light?"

Tapping the side of his head, he says, "As for me, I got a wizard brain."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Yes I am physically capable, just how much so is relative I suppose. Honestly, I am not so sure about additional powers."

Looking her over as she comes fully into the room and speaks she has an accent and appears to be Indian. Her Hero name Azir, is Arabic not Hindi, the name used in the Quran for Lazerous. That might lead one to believe she is either Muslim or a Arabic speaking Christian. Her hair is snow white, appearing to lack any pigment at all. When she speaks you catch glimpses of her teeth and you are confident she has elongated canines, fangs if you want to call them that. If you have a better than normal sense of smell you also note a faint scent of blood or maybe death about her.

"I recently did battle with a Demon, the real deal straight from Hell sort. I held my own, but without the aid of everyone here I would have failed to stop it."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Azir, you'll scare the kid. Not that we should hide the inherent danger of what we do, but I was hoping to ease into it." he looks at the boy "I don't mean any disrespect, but you are young and this is a dangerous business."

He then looks over to Oleander "Mr Pan, are you sure you're not a journalist looking for a scoop?" he smiles "We have purposly limited the information we release about our powers, so we don't give the bad guys an advantage. My powers are based upon the manipulation of electro-magnetism."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Always the diplomat Eclipse. I have the tendency to be blunt I suppose. I was also the youngest until today so if you need any help adjusting Knight Light I will do my best to help."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

A slight smile creases his lips, then he reaches up and scratches his chin. "I guess that is a good thing, the less others know, the less that the unscrupulous supers can use to counter my powers. Saying that," he then points and taps his left temple, "my powers are all up here. Seeking out other minds, communicating, even smashing opponent's minds. Doesn't mean I'm smart, I've got slighly better than average intelligence. I can just... push my mind out to others."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

Wind Dragon says, "Yes, I have some talents in the Martial Arts and yes I have been working on my cooking thank you for noticing. Oh sorry, you meant the fact that the wind and I have conversations and we help each other out - yes that is true as well."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Leitz »

The boy moved forward, slightly away from his mother but still between her and the others. In the van, he had not really seemed bothered by Oleander's presence, but just now he seemed more reserved in conversation and just muttered "It hides me."

"Eclipse," the boy said, and nodded. "I am six..teen, and still in school. Last year there were millions of crimes and an increase in aggravated assault, murder, and rape. My age does not protect me, but I am more scared of not doing my best."

He looked at Azir for a moment, and then put his right hand over his heart. "I'm s..sorry, I k..know very little. !أهلا وسهلا"

"Hello", slightly formal, between people of different genders and unknown religious affiliations.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"The fact you're here and want to make a difference speaks volumes. But I would be lacking in my position as leader if I wasn't sure that you understood the dangers, and ensured that your mother is happy too." he nods and smiles at Mrs Knight Light.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Azir

On hearing Knight Like speak in Arabic. "You speak Arabic? Very interesting, alas I know very little Arabic, only what I need to practice my religion as I am Muslim. My native language is Urdu actually."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by gurusql »

Knight Light's Mother

From the looks of things, she would not be a great poker player. Over the course of the conversation her facial expression has changed from protective to concerned to relieved, but all the while she does not speak. Finally unable to to stop herself she says in a bit of broken English, "Understand risks-nin acting and understand risks-nin not acting. Agent my place no her, can you take home please. Knight Light stay."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light, and his body language suggested even he had difficulty thinking of himself that way, held up a hand between Eclipse and Azir. He quickly moved to his mom and hugged her, with a whispered "Thank you. I'll make you and George proud."

One long moment as she left, and then he turned back to Azir. "I m..messed up, s..sorry. Mom t..taught me to b..be polite but I confused T..Turk and Arabic. She speaks b..both, b..but not much English. English is d..difficult." He paused, and blushed. "My g..girlfriend's g..granpa is B..baptist, and I'm gonna have him p..perform our wedding. So I g..guess I'm b..baptist."

To Eclipse, he added. "I have d..done stuff, b..but only alone. N..never on a t..team."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rex »

Azir

"You speak Arabic then? I would like to learn it if you would like to teach me."

I think she has some points to spend.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander jots down in his notebook, "Urdu... Turskish... Arabic..." He mutters to himself, "I'll have to check and see if they're anywhere in the ol' wizard brain. Gotta be, right? At least Arabic. Somewhere."
shaidar wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:41 pm Eclipse
"Mr Pan, are you sure you're not a journalist looking for a scoop?" he smiles "We have purposly limited the information we release about our powers, so we don't give the bad guys an advantage. My powers are based upon the manipulation of electro-magnetism."
"I just like to have, er, what's the phrase? 'Situational awareness.' And the notes help me keep from getting all jumbled, you know?"
Rex wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:27 pm Azir
"I recently did battle with a Demon, the real deal straight from Hell sort. I held my own, but without the aid of everyone here I would have failed to stop it."
"Oh, now that is interesting. You fought a for-real from-Hell demon? I'd be curious to hear more about that, sometime."

Looking to Knight Light, he says, "Kid, would you feel comfortable sharing your power with us? Maybe a harmless little demonstration?"

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”