Characters: Black Hack

Rusty Tincanne
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Characters: Black Hack

#1 Post by tibbius »

I will play a mighty Warrior, Thomas Tankhard. More to follow ...

Raised as an apprentice to a gravedigger, Thomas slowly tired of his assigned profession's dirty and arduous labor, not to mention the grim solemnity that hung over most days. While his tutor coped with sizzling draughts of the liquor known as Dragon's Breath, Thomas resolved to leave behind the grime and mournful clamor of the graves.

One damp and chilly morning, Thomas stepped out of a half-dug grave with his shovel in hand, and just started to walk. He had in his sober coat a purse of coins lifted from the eyes of the deceased.

With the ferryman's coin and his ready thews, Thomas made his way through the land.
Last edited by tibbius on Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Characters: Black Hack

#2 Post by Pulpatoon »

Xenagoras The Feeble
Failed Lich Conjuror
HP 4/4 || HD 1d4
Ceremonial Headdress || AV: 1/1
Experience: 0 || Coin: 12
Xenagoras.jpeg
Xenagoras.jpeg (204.51 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Background: Not every lichdom is success. Xenagoras was once a moderately successful tyrannical wizard. His tower was twisted, but not the most twisted, his servitors were only modestly monstrous, his peasants could forget the terror of his wicked rule for days at a time, and his knowledge, while dangerous and corrupting, wasn't explicitly forbidden. Except for that one codex, bound in demonskin by a student of Acererak himself. That one was pretty forbidden. With it, Xenagoras decoded the keys to lichdom, and figured it was worth a shot. The result is pitiable. His body is barely animated and stinks of formaldehyde. His eyes are cloudy and his hearing muffled. His intelligence is dimmed to a fraction of what it once was, and he barely has enough magical energy left to boil an egg. He has bankrupted himself, his tower has been repossessed, and his modestly monstrous servitors are all suing him.

Attributes
STR: 4
DEX: 5
CON: 11
WIS: 7
INT: 14
CHA: 8

Inventory
  • Ceremonial Headdress
  • Sacrificial Dagger
  • Coin Purse
  • Angry Shrunken Head (Faramund, once a heroic warrior who sought to liberate the land from Xenagoras' cruel grip)
Familiar: Rhodopis, a small swarm of lady bugs

Spellbook
  • Charm (1)
  • Magic Missile (1)
  • Light (1)
  • Shield (1)
  • Detect Magic (2)
  • Web (2)

Rolls:

Mashmellow
Squire
Squire

#3 Post by Mashmellow »

Elanor Divon
> Human Cleric
> HP 9/9 ||** HD 1d8
> Studded Hide Breastplate and Sheild||** AV: 3/3
> Experience: 0 **||** Coin: 7
> Background: “Eleanor was sent to a monastery for the Rising Sun clerics at a young age. Eventually she started smuggling illegal goods to get funding for the monastery. She was caught an imprisoned. She broke out and went on the run as an adventurer.”

**Attributes**------------------
> **STR:** 10
> **DEX:** 9
> **CON:** 13
> **WIS:** 14
> **INT:** 9
> **CHA:** 7

**Inventory**------------------
> Prayer Book
> Studded Hide Breastplate (AV2)
> Flail
> Shield (+1 armor die)
> 7 coins and purse
> Forbidden Holy Scriptures

Prayer Book:
Cure Light Wounds
Detect Evil
Light
Bless
Purify Food and Drink

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Dip of Gills
Human Thief
Str 12
Dex 12
Con 11
Wis 9
Int 4
Chr 7

HD 1d6
HP 3
Damage 1d6/1d4 (unarmed)
Armor Black Leather Hood and Vest (AV2)
Lucky Charm, Eye Patch (both eyes are good)
Inventory
1 Short Sword
2 Short Sword
3 9 counterfeit coins
4 Stolen heart, still beating

Background
Grew up on the bad side of the wagon ruts the frontier town of Gills. Have an unfortunate taste for wine, lots of it. No one thinks much of me so I always get the lousy jobs.

Return to “Black Hack”