#601 Post by Rex »

Started a new OOC thread.

viewtopic.php?p=643094#p643094

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#602 Post by shaidar »

Is their a potential advantage to Arngeir using psychometry again now we are closer?

Here is the skill improvement roll from Enwyfs Apple CS from two nights ago:

Percentage: [1d100]=42

No improvement.

Could he use Prayer To Elkyri (Ylina?) to improve his search chances?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#603 Post by Rex »

Psychometry would depend on what item you are trying it on. I think it would need to be tied directly to the Dwarf in some way.

Prayer to Elkyri (Ylina) would definitely work to increase your chance for 1 search roll. Since there is always a tiny bit of risk with an invocation the only question is it worth it? Probably. Keep in mind if you do use it you can't call on Alaryr for a ten day (she hates Ylina), but considering she governs the sea and winds you probably wont have need to anyways.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#604 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To answer your recent question Rex. Algrim doesn't care he'll follow the group even if he feels it is not what they were tasked to do here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#605 Post by Rex »

Thanks Ed. Just trying to figure out my next update.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#606 Post by Rex »

The cave picture is a picture from Smugglers notch Vermont. I have been in that cave and it is plenty big enough for a Drake. I would be surprised if Ed hasn't at least been through the Notch, maybe not in the caves though.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#607 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have been up that way but not into the caves. But that does give me an idea to run by the family for a summer trip/adventure!
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#608 Post by Rex »

Always good to have a few options. It is a cool place. If you are up for a steep hike you can go to Sterling Pond while there. It is a beautiful spot.

https://gostowe.com/hiking-sterling-pond/

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#609 Post by Rex »

Rex wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:15 am
Ahlmzhad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:18 am I have an ability to hex things, but checking on if it would work with a Drake, and if its more than one roll that it affects. Not sure about the rules here but usually mounted charges get pretty good damage bonuses. Me charging with my spear not so much. We need a big opening round attack.
I replied to your PM but am also posting here for everyone to see as it was a great idea.
Rex wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:08 am Yes. This is actually a great idea. First I will rule that due to the size of the skin you could use it multiple times (break a piece off and use it etc). It does take 12 minutes each time you attempt it.

Your ML is 34
Since you have the skin your effective mastery level (EML) is 54
You could use piety points to increase your chance or ask Arngeir to help you, I suspect he would.
Your range with the skin is SI leagues, which is 3 leagues or 7.5 miles.

It would halve its next roll if you get marginal success (MS), this could be big as it might be Awareness vs a surprise attack or something like that.

If you were to get a critical success (CS) it would be a game changer, it would halve all its rolls for the next 34 (MS) minutes.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#610 Post by Rex »

I just noticed I have been posting in the wrong OOC thread. I will try and lock this so I can't screw it up again.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”