Character Generation

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation

#121 Post by Rex »

Overall looks good. A couple of minor comments.

What was the second skill from/improved by Family Courtesan skill?
Folklore is for Kanday. I treat this skill as automatic at SBx3. If you spent option points here you can move them.
Lovecraft is a Communication skill.
Condition and Dodge are Physical skills.
Max Dagger ML is 83 (Initiative ML + Dagger SB). You can move 1 option point to something else and make it 78, or move an option point into Initiative to raise it to 84.
Harnic SB is 13, ML is 73.
Unarmed seems high? Did you put option points in it? OML is SBx3 (the 4 in the HM3 rules was an error and is corrected in the errata). You have it at SBx5.

I like her, she will be fun to play. A couple of things for her and some info coming soon.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Rex »

Turnip has the following:

6 Orbs of Slisana (Acid x1, Oil x2, and Smoke x3 (black, red, and white)), these are 3" spheres of metallic luster that explode on contact with a solid surface when thrown.

A Bag of Indethan
-A plain black bag
-2 foot diameter and 4 feet long
- You know the following information from Psychometry you performed (no questions remaining until you incease your Psychometry SI)
---The bag is Psionic (Earthmaster item) with the ability to teleport items placed inside to its paired bag
---Its paired bag is located in a Khuzdul Outpost, the nearest settlement to the outpost is Meldun Chybisa
---It has 73 charges

You left Meldun heading north on the Genin trail. You have had several recent dreams (passive Prescience) of a Khuzdul handling a key.
Algrim.jpg
Algrim.jpg (30.39 KiB) Viewed 5044 times
Key.PNG
Key.PNG (235.07 KiB) Viewed 5044 times

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by sastaz »

Rex wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:09 am Overall looks good. A couple of minor comments.

What was the second skill from/improved by Family Courtesan skill?
Folklore is for Kanday. I treat this skill as automatic at SBx3. If you spent option points here you can move them.
It was Folklore, which I opened to OML+1. My thoughts were that she has herd stories "round the campfire" in the House of Delights where she grew up. So let me just put the OP into Folklore (Kanday) and bump it to SBx4? So I will just change the phrasing to Folklore (Kanday) and keep the ML as SBx4 (1 OP to improve already open skill).
Lovecraft is a Communication skill.
Fixed.
Condition and Dodge are Physical skills.
Fixed.
Max Dagger ML is 83 (Initiative ML + Dagger SB). You can move 1 option point to something else and make it 78, or move an option point into Initiative to raise it to 84.
Done.
Harnic SB is 13, ML is 73.
Fixed.
Unarmed seems high? Did you put option points in it? OML is SBx3 (the 4 in the HM3 rules was an error and is corrected in the errata). You have it at SBx5.
Yes, correct, I put 1 OP and missed the errata change. Keeping the 1 OP and lowering to SBx4.
I like her, she will be fun to play. A couple of things for her and some info coming soon.
Great! :)

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by sastaz »

So now I'll wait for a sign to join the main story thread?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Rex »

Rex wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:25 am Turnip has the following:

6 Orbs of Slisana (Acid x1, Oil x2, and Smoke x3 (black, red, and white)), these are 3" spheres of metallic luster that explode on contact with a solid surface when thrown.

A Bag of Indethan
-A plain black bag
-2 foot diameter and 4 feet long
- You know the following information from Psychometry you performed (no questions remaining until you incease your Psychometry SI)
---The bag is Psionic (Earthmaster item) with the ability to teleport items placed inside to its paired bag
---Its paired bag is located in a Khuzdul Outpost, the nearest settlement to the outpost is Meldun Chybisa
---It has 73 charges

Don't forget these items and you will have 5 days dried meat and fruit with you.

I will work you in today.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by sastaz »

Great, I will complete inventory in my character sheet thread later today.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rex »

Tamerlaine's PC

Birthdate [1d12]=9 month [1d30]=15 day
15th of Savor
Sunsign Tai (the lantern bearer), a good sunsign, lots of useful skills

sibling rank [1d100]=15
eldest (Elves and Dwarves modify this but it would still be eldest)

# of siblings [1d6-1]=4-1=3
3 siblings, eldest of 4.

Parent [1d100]=44
Offspring
Offspring [1d100]=1
Both parents alive and together

Estrangement [1d100+5]=70+5=75
Popular, if from a small clan you will be the same

Clanhead [1d100]=67
Aunt or uncle

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rex »

Height [4d6]=16
Height will depend on species/sex, but you will be slightly taller then average.
From 4'8" (Dwarf) to 6' (Noble Human Male)

Frame [3d6]=7
Frame will be Scant (Human female or Elf) to Medium (Dwarf)

Weight will depend on species/sex.
Dwarf, either sex (Medium Frame), 4'8" 112 lbs, -2 to Str for weight and +4 to Str for Dwarf, net +2 to Str
Elf, Female (Scant Frame), 5'6" 116 lbs, -2 to Str for weight and +1 to Str for Elf, net -1 to Str
Urban Poor, Human, Female (Scant Frame), 5'6" 116 lbs, -2 to Str for weight
Elf, Male (Scant Frame), 5'7" 119 lbs, -2 to Str for weight and +1 to Str for Elf, net -1 to Str
Human, Female (Scant Frame), 5'8" 122 lbs, -2 to Str for weight
Urban Poor, Human, Male (Light Frame), 5'8" 138 lbs, -1 to Str for weight
Noble, Human Female (Scant Frame), 5'10" 128 lbs, -2 to Str for weight
Human, Male (Light Frame), 5'10" 144 lbs, -1 to Str for weight
Noble, Human, Male (Light Frame), 6' 153 lbs, no modifiers to Str

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Rex »

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Rex »

Medical and Psyche rolls to get you some extra points to spread around.

Medical [1d100]=19 [1d100]=51

19 Male, Missing/deformed arm re-roll
Medical reroll [1d100]=55
55 Male (Human or Dwarf), Parasites (Elf) Sterile
19 Female, Birthmark

51 Male/Female, (Human or Dwarf), Parasites (Elf) Sterile

+2 points to place on any attributes except Com

Psyche [1d100]=27 [1d100]=88

27, Fear of Water/Drowning
Severity [1d100]=77
Moderate (Willx3)

88, None

+3 points to place on any attributes except Will

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rex »

I will hold for now. Once we have a plan for what you want to make we can moves some scores around, add some points and then roll for Psionics and start on skills. If not worried about Psionics, magic or certain Clerics you can safely move your 4 to Aura. You ended up 9 points under average rolls, so I will let you have 5 more points to add in to your scores to get you closer to average, this will give you 10 total to up your scores with.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Rex »

So thinking through your options some based on our PM's and here is what I am thinking. These are not rigid, fixed but more loose ideas by all means mess with my ideas some until we end up where you want to be concept wise, then I will try move adjust your abilities and finish up PC creation.

Knight Bachelor
---Eldest makes this tricky as you would be expected to inherit. I could just hand wave and adjust your birth rank or your clan could be landless etc
--- HarnMaster occupations are obviously not balanced, Knight is the most out of balanced occupation, this may be a good choice here to balance my poor rolling
---This would be the strongest in Combat character of the options I am listing, would start with medium armor
---Male would be much more common then female, but Harn has more female Knights then real world England had and real world England actually did have some female knights (keep in mind that Larani is the Goddess of Battle and Feudalism in the area we are playing in)

Anoan Warrior (Hunter occupation)
---Tribal would boost Eyesight +1, Hearing +2, and Smell +2.
---Would be good in combat, but lacking good armor would not be as strong as the Knight or Ranger options, armor matters in HM, would start with no real armor, probably has leather of some sort (hides)
---Skill set would be very useful in the wilderness, which will be used a lot
---An excellent scout/pathfinder type PC
---I give all Anoan Hunters 1 Ritual Invocation that boosts their protection values when painted in green dye (and not wearing metal armor)
---Potential tie in with one of Arngeir's contacts

Sindarin (Elf) Ranger
---Sindarin get a lot of bonuses to their attributes so this would hep your lower scores. (Com +2, Str +1, Sta +1, Dex +2, Agi +2 (you also would get +2 for a Scant Frame), eye +2, Hea +2, Sme +3, Voi +2, and Aur +4)
---The Ranger would be between the Knight and Barbarian in Combat ability, best option for an Archer type character, would start with light armor (kurbal, hardened leather most likely)
---This is not a D&D Ranger, but a Sindarin military archer type
---Not as good as the Anoan in the wilderness, not as good as the Knight in melee, but the Knight lacks missile weapons and the Anoan has lower combat skills and armor

Herald
---An interesting option
---Gets the same skills as the Knight but not as good at them
---I would put combat as equal to the Anoan, better armor but combat skills slightly lower, would start with medium armor
---Gets additional skills around negotiations, languages, scripts and heraldry obviously, these skills are also good fits with your sunsign so that will help you there
---Considered a Knight politically
---Excellent skill set for dealing within the feudalism system, often used as messengers, spies etc

Some healing options for the above characters
---For any if you keep your Aura average or better I can just give you the Healing Psi talent, this would be easier with the Sindarin as they get a +4 to Aura, but is viable for any of them
---Could increase Physician skill with option points (you already get a bonus to Physician for your sunsign)
---for the any of the non-Anoan options we could make your family occupation physician, which will boost your Physician skill and give an excellent game reason, maybe if a Knight your father or mother saved a powerful individuals life and they offered to take in their eldest son to train as a Knight or Herald? In the case of the Sindarin Ranger we wouldn't need any special reason for your parents to be a Physician
---For the Anoan, maybe the child of a Shaman, would give a reason to have Physician and gives a reason to have a healing Invocation (Spirit Balm)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rex »

Piety [5d6]=11 Peoni [5d6]=16 Larani

Psionics (4) [3d6]=11
No Psionics

Still need to do Armor/clothing, weapons, and equipment.

This is where I am at. You will need a picture and I will set up a Thread for him once I get his stuff done.
Sir Gerolt of Selot.pdf
(624.87 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Rex »

I have updated Gerolt to make him a Laranian knight. A member of the fighting order Lady of Paladins. Note that this is not a Cleric, although I did give him 1 circle 2 invocation as his father is a Cleric of Larani. I messed with his family history a little (he is now an acknowledged bastard).

Other equipment (armor & weapons are on his sheet)

War horse (Hacherdad) with tack (no saddle bags)
Palfrey (Khanset) with tack (including saddle bags)
Horse brush

set of simple but good quality wool & leather clothing
set of formal clothing
heavy wool cloak
backpack
knife
credentials
600d (poor noble)
whetstone
file
pint of fine oil for armor & weapons
wool blanket
2 pouches
2 waterskins
10 days dry foods
tinder box
flint & steel
linen bandages
physicians traveling kit
squat red clay jar, 4oz, 8 doses of Berilik Balm (Ichor of Agrik), disinfectant and painkiller

You can purchase whatever you want with your 600d before I add you in.
Sir Gerolt of Selot.pdf
(888.05 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#135 Post by Tamerlaine »

Sir Gerolt of Selot

Sir Gerolt of Selot (1) (1).pdf
(505.66 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Last edited by Tamerlaine on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rex »

Looks great. I will get a thread going after dinner and plan on introducing him later tonight or tomorrow.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by sulldawga »

Human Male
Birth date: [1d12]=10, [1d30]=19. Looks like my sunsign is Skorus the Mixer.
Sibling Rank: [1d100]=14
Family size: [1d6-1]=6-1=5 I am the eldest of five!
Parent: [1d100]=44
Parent sub-table: [1d100]=37 Raised by natural parents, who are both alive and living together.
Clanhead: [1d100]=18
Distant relation: [1d100+5]=19+5=24 Clanhead is a distant relation and the same for my father. Ignore the +5, I added that by mistake because I was reading the Estrangement table.
Appearance: [4d6]=14, [3d6]=16, [3d6]=13 I am 68" tall (5'8"), I have a massive frame, and I am attractive, at least to other humans.
A character who is 68" tall and is massive weighs 184 lbs. Size 7.
Medium complexion. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Rex »

Looking good. Keep in mind I let people move the attributes around if they want (Strength through Will). Also he will get a +2 to Strength based on weight and a -2 to Agility based on massive frame. Those don't move obviously.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by sulldawga »

Strength: [4d6k3]=13, Stamina [4d6k3]=11 STR becomes 15 with my massive girth!
Dex: [4d6k3]=8, Agi: [4d6k3]=15 AGI drops to 13 with my massive girth. I still get around quickly for a fat guy.
Eye: [3d6]=6, Hear: [3d6]=10, Smell: [3d6]=7, Voice: [3d6]=10 A little on the weak side but nothing terrible.
Int: [4d6k3]=14, Aura: [4d6k3]=11, Will: [4d6k3]=9 Clever!
Morality: Law-abiding (12)
Medical: [1d100]=54 Parasites? That's embarrassing. But it could have been worse. Not rolling a second time.
Psyche: [1d100]=19
Psyche severity: [1d100]=30 Mild fear of spiders? Much like real life.
Piety: [5d6]=15 Deity: Larani. Piety right down the middle.
Psionics: [3d6]=10 Aura is 11 so I am psionic?

Going to pause here. Can I choose Feudal Noble for Occupation? I don't want to choose something where it wouldn't make sense for the first-born son to be an adventurer instead... I imagine this guy as a landless knight trying to find some gold to reestablish his place in society.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rex »

Noble is a good choice. If you choose it you get +2" to height and your weight will be 192 lbs and your Str is now +3 (16).

Another roll on Medical would get you +2 points to put wherever and Psyche gets you +3 anywhere except Will. I would try to up Will, either by switching it with something or rolling on medical or both. It is a key combat stat and also in resisting magic, possession and psionics. Probably the most important attribute in the game.

Psionics: You currently get 1 roll on the Talent chart. it will be dormant since it takes 2 of the same to be active. May activate later in play. This assumes you don't switch or adjust your Aura score to make it higher or lower.

Your average is 10.4 which is lower than the average of 3d6, and considerably lower than the average for 4d6. I am fine if you go ahead and re-roll any result of 10 or less, just keep the higher of the 2 rolls. Everyone else in play has above average scores overall so it wouldn't be unbalancing.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”