5e Resources

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

5e Resources

#1 Post by Pulpatoon »

D&D 5e Green Dragon.jpeg
D&D 5e Green Dragon.jpeg (491.7 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
The official books for Dungeons & Dragons, Fifth Edition are available in every game store, book store, waffle shop, and muffler repair center on the Material Plane. It is even more ubiquitous on the Astral Plane of the internet, where a search for any random string of alphanumerics followed by "5e" will return hundreds of think pieces, click-bait articles, home brews of variable quality, and at least one actual play Twitch stream.

If, however, the placidity of your gaming table remains undisturbed by this striding colossus of role-playing, here are some helpful links:
A free PDF of the Basic Rules, including character generation, is available right here, from WOTC.

The official SRD can be downloaded here. The unofficial SRD (which contains a greater range of open-game content) can be accessed as a web page, here.

D&D Beyond has a ton of well-formatted material available, including their free character builder. Personally, I like Fast Character for when I need a character... um, fast.

A spellbook generator can be a big help if you have a lot of spells to keep track of.

dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

Re: 5e Resources

#2 Post by dreamweaver »

and these are also good online sources, in my opinion:
https://www.5esrd.com/
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.

Return to “D&D (5e)”