OCC Talk

GregS
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OCC Talk

#41 Post by Rex »

Thanks Ed. I must have flipped by that page a dozen times looking for it. I knew it was somewhere.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You're welcome, Rex. Yeah same page as CON table/chart. PDF version I have it is easy to accidentally scroll past something important you are trying to find. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Mine is the version with the Idol (6th printing). But it was on page 12. For the DM, what are the chances my halfling has infravision? The PHB says some get it at 30' and some at 60' and some not at all.

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

(rolls a 1) uh well sadly your halfling is completely blind... :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rex »

LOL, I almost went with a picture of one with an eye patch.

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:47 pm LOL, I almost went with a picture of one with an eye patch.
Well you would have been half way there then. ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

HarnMaster, which I keep thinking I am going to try and run on here has a Medical Chart. You roll on it once and you can take a second roll in exchange for 2 points to add to your ability scores (they are 3d6 based like D&D). Note that there is a 2% chance you will be missing an eye, and it isn't the worst thing on there.
Medical Table.PNG
Medical Table.PNG (306.26 KiB) Viewed 390 times

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by gurusql »

Do you want the character sheets posted on the public thread or do you plan to create private ones?

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes just let us know if you do or do not want character sheets public to the group. I can always remove mine.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#50 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I know GW and Rex like to press the action, getting well ahead of the DM and his "learning curve" pace. :roll: :lol:

So, I would suggest the character sheets be kept in a separate thread from the Character Creation Rules/Discussion thread. (if you want them displayed publicly)

If I have learned anything in my time here, good organization is key to alleviating confusion later.

(Maybe we should be letting Greg make up his own threads, fellas? Since he is trying to learn how to do this too?) :mrgreen:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

A good idea. I tend to rush things. I can move/remove my character sheet if needed. Organization is key for sure.

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:51 pm I know GW and Rex like to press the action, getting well ahead of the DM and his "learning curve" pace. :roll: :lol:

So, I would suggest the character sheets be kept in a separate thread from the Character Creation Rules/Discussion thread. (if you want them displayed publicly)

If I have learned anything in my time here, good organization is key to alleviating confusion later.

(Maybe we should be letting Greg make up his own threads, fellas? Since he is trying to learn how to do this too?) :mrgreen:
Rex wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:25 pm A good idea. I tend to rush things. I can move/remove my character sheet if needed. Organization is key for sure.
Agreed & fair enough. I'll "slow my roll" as the saying goes.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#53 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I understand the excitement of a new game starting out. :D

Greg, most of us have run games on here before, so if you have any questions about how things work, just ask.

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is true. If you need any help or advice feel free to ask.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Grognardsw »

Hello All,

The stars are right to unleash an incarnation of the wickedly delightful Orando Magnus Gallus, who every woman desires and every man admires (or is it the other way around?) The curriculum vitae is posted. I look forward to dying quickly with my single-digit HP comrades!

GregS
Scout
Scout

#56 Post by GregS »

Thanks for the advice. Don’t hesitate to suggest improvements when you see them. I’ll hopefully have time to get things better organized tonight.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

No rush.

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hey Grognardsw welcome to the game!

GregS no worries man. Take your time and sorry if you felt rushed at all my the overenthusiasm :)

GregS
Scout
Scout

#59 Post by GregS »

gurusql wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:46 am Do you want the character sheets posted on the public thread or do you plan to create private ones?
When you say "create private ones" do you mean use private messages? If there's a way to create private threads on the forum, I'm not seeing it.

I created a sticky topic to post rules in. We can move character sheets to private (messages or threads) and delete the characters thread.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by gurusql »

If you desire, you can ask the admins to create private sub-forums that are accessible by you and a single player.

Just by going to the same forum that you requested the game and give them name of the player with your request.
Last edited by gurusql on Thu May 26, 2022 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Broken World (1e)”