Chapter 6: The Evil Queen & Her Fortress

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6: The Evil Queen & Her Fortress

#561 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"We have done what we came here to do. I suggest we take the treasure and leave. We don't really have time to do any identication right now."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by Rex »

Egon

"If we are not burning the place down, the next best option seems to be Weston's. Lets get everything bundled up and get going."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#563 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Guard Captain clears his throat "What of us? If you're simply gathering and leaving. Are we under arrest or free to go?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#564 Post by Darklin2 »

Grimnar

Tell ya what, long legs. Strip down to your skivies and leave the castle. Anyone caught here aftern wes take our cut and skedaddle will be Purified by Fire. Considered to be consorting with Evil. Thats the ways of me kin and the Forge peoples.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#565 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

"This place will be on the nearest towns war patrol once we get back. Everyone here better moves out before then."

Trist grabs some of the loot up in a bag. Random no particular order to help carry to town.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

With a little less dance in her step "OK, I will concede to the majority."

GreyWolfVT

#567 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Long March: All of the guards comply with the demands, Bernal begrudgingly complies as well gritting teeth and scowling, Perdites is more cooperative like the guards and their leader. The group gathers up everything they wish to carry out and heads back out the way they came stopping at intersections and stairwells to listen for anything coming. They find very little resistance along the way out they even find more dead bodies as they leave wondering who and how that happened they soon discover the answer as they get back out to the open plateau at the entrance to the mines. The goblin slave tribe is there waiting with blood on them and bloodied weapons. "You freed us we killt them bad mean hobos, for you. Same wit de big meanies." one of the former goblin slaves says they're talking about the orcs, hobgoblins and half-breeds you found dead as you left the place. You checked on the wrecked lift to the mine and found that is still quite in ruin, there are some crude ladders built that some of the hobgoblins and orcs climbed up from or other areas that you hadn't explored further back in the cave tunnels might have held rooms where the resided. The goblin tribe leader looks at your group and asks "Where be krofter?" he refers to the goblin slave that helped your group earlier on that freed Misha from her prison cell.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#568 Post by Cwreando »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:36 pm Items from guards, Bernal, Pertides & Queen Ilyana
Queen Ilyana: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), Shield (Magic), Broadsword (Magic)
Bernal: Chainmail Armor (Magic), 1 x Ring (Magic), Staff (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic)
Pertides: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), Medium Shield (Magic), Footman's Mace (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic)

Chest #3: dagger (Magic), crystal ball (Not Magic), potion (Magic), a scroll of spells (magic missile, levitate, web, fireball), a longsword (Magic), and a short sword (Magic).

Guards: 3 x Chainmail Armor (Not Magic), 3 x Medium Shield (Not Magic), 3 x Longsword (Not magic), 3 x Potion (Magic)
Guard Captain: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), 2-Handed Sword (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic), 1 x Gold Signet Ring (Not Magic), 1 x Gold Bracelet (Not Magic)
Krofter manages to slip off into the shadows and everyone loses track of the goblin helper. https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 63#p650963
I suggest we take all of this and all the coin chests back to the city where we can identify and sell what we don't want. We can come back to finish this off later or move on to other adventures. I'm not sure what happened to Krofter.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#569 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"I agree with Trist."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#570 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"So do I."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#571 Post by Darklin2 »

Agreed
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

GreyWolfVT

#572 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Misha sadly admits "Krofter was slain by the half-breed brutes, he tried to help us and died." she informs the goblin leader clearly the others have forgotten the goblin's fate after all the excitement that came after fighting the queen.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by Rex »

Egon

"I am good with that plan as well."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#574 Post by shaidar »

Weston looks at the goblin chief

"I'm sorry about Krofter, he died doing the right thing. What will you and your tribe do now?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Krofter was a good-en. Sorry to have lost him."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#576 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist adds, “Perhaps the chief would help us clear the rest of this out? It will mean you agree to peace with all the humanoid cities nearby and likely you work for an established human/elf/dwarven etc to maintain, work and guard this keep and mine.If my companions agree that is.”

GreyWolfVT

#577 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Goblin Spokesman/leader looks saddened at the news of Krofter "Big loss, we make statue of him. You freed us we do anything to help. You no kill us on sight, we like you." he admits.

Misha sighs "I am not going to stay around, but perhaps if you are friendly goblins I'll go with you to help your tribe get back on your feet." the character is not going to stick around with the party after they are done here.

Sergreb with his owlbear at his side pets the creatures head "We too are not going to stick around long. I don't care for cities, I like to live in the woods. I can be your tribe's muscle if you need protection. I'm a good hunter too." he professes to the goblins.

The goblins start to look very please they are gaining two tall folk to protect them. "ooo we like this offer."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#578 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

I'm not sure how you want to do this. Are we playing it out normally or are you just going to wave a magic wand and it be done. Loot/coin all added and off to the next adventure?

GreyWolfVT

#579 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Probably going to expedite the process just wanted to know what the general plan was.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by shaidar »

I think we should head to the big city, more opportunities and more chance to get Items identied.

Maybe we could give the gobbos/Misha/Sergreb a little something to help them get set up.

Return to “Archive”