Chapter 6: The Evil Queen & Her Fortress

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6: The Evil Queen & Her Fortress

#541 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Excellent, we have two such Spells, that will make things easy."

He will help collect up items ready for the Spells, including any armour the priests were wearing. (Bernal had armour at least)

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#542 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor - Level 2 Evoker - Hit Points 8 / 8

Therick helps with gathering up all items.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#543 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Items from guards, Bernal, Pertides & Queen Ilyana
Queen Ilyana: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), Shield (Magic), Broadsword (Magic)
Bernal: Chainmail Armor (Magic), 1 x Ring (Magic), Staff (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic)
Pertides: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), Medium Shield (Magic), Footman's Mace (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic)

Chest #3: dagger (Magic), crystal ball (Not Magic), potion (Magic), a scroll of spells (magic missile, levitate, web, fireball), a longsword (Magic), and a short sword (Magic).

Guards: 3 x Chainmail Armor (Not Magic), 3 x Medium Shield (Not Magic), 3 x Longsword (Not magic), 3 x Potion (Magic)
Guard Captain: Plate Mail Armor (Magic), 2-Handed Sword (Magic), 1 x Potion (Magic), 1 x Gold Signet Ring (Not Magic), 1 x Gold Bracelet (Not Magic)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#544 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

A nice haul. I could rest and memorize my identify spell, but I don't have any pearls on me to cast the spell with. We can secure the stuff that's magical that we want and the non-magical stuff we want the rest they can have back those that are loyal to start helping to cleanse this place of evil. Just my 2 copper and I'm not set on it either in case someone else has something else in mind.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#545 Post by Rex »

Egon

"That sounds reasonable."

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#546 Post by Darklin2 »

Grimnar

That sounds good to me and I got my eye on that Broadsword if no other is interested. If so the Queen's Shield looks rather nice too. The rest is to big for my stout dwarven sexiness.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#547 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor - Level 2 Evoker - Hit Points 8 / 8

Therick, might want the magical dagger and or ring.

Therick, "Trist, I would like to eventually copy your Identify spell into my spellbook".
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#548 Post by Rex »

Egon

"I think it best to wait until we know what the items do before splitting them up."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#549 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"I agree with Egon this."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#550 Post by Cwreando »

Rex wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:24 pm Egon

"I think it best to wait until we know what the items do before splitting them up."

Trist says,"I agree on waiting to split it up as well."
PyroArrow wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:26 pm Therick Ulrazor - Level 2 Evoker - Hit Points 8 / 8

Therick, might want the magical dagger and or ring.

Therick, "Trist, I would like to eventually copy your Identify spell into my spellbook".
"No problem Therick."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#551 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Misha clears her throat "Perhaps I might copy that spell as well? I know very few spells as it is. I at the very least could help you identify the items." the previously imprisoned sorceress says. "As long as you'll have me that is."

Perdites cuts in "If I might interject, what are you going to do about the floor above us? There are more than just hired muscle up there, if you came in the front gates you'd know this already but there are gargoyles on the wall above the front gate. The queen had some other magical creatures up there as well some strange golems I'd never heard of nothing like what I was creating."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#552 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

"I can share the spell with my companions/friends.

She looks at Perdites, "Well, we can let the reinforcement deal with them, or I wonder. Did the queen command them with a verbal phrase, where the guards marked or carrying an item that allowed them to be ignored by the beasts or gave them the ability to command them? We can just take control of them and send them away. We can make sure the runner (for reinforcements) has the reinforcements come in through the way we did."

Trist looks at the guards, "Well, how did you handle the golem/gargoyles? How many guards are up above us?"

Trist looks to the group, "Do we want to take time to identify this stuff? I'll need pearls to do so. Maybe in the queens treasure elsewhere or perhaps we only check the things we're most curious about. I'll still need a pearl or a bunch depending."

OOC - I'm not sure how you want to handle the identify spell and components needed.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#553 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon will see what info he can get out of the prisoners about the guards left above.

GreyWolfVT

#554 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bernal looking grump waits arms crossed and waits for the questioning to begin.
Perdites awaits any questions directed towards him.
Guard Captain waits to see what is asked "What do you wish to know? There are more orcs, hobgoblins, ogres and the halfbreeds about the place above and back in the caverns. As the chaotic cleric said there are some strange golems made of wood topside as well as gargoyles. Beyond that it depends on how many you have already killed."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#555 Post by Rex »

Egon

Bluntly interrupting, "What do we need this place for anyways? We just need to clear it out right? How about we burn it down."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#556 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist mumbles and thinks a bit, "I don't think much will burn most likely unless it's all wood and we can get a bonfire going in a good spot. Anything in the caverns won't worry about it most likely. If these aren't use with how the queen controlled, her forces I guess we can start with them. Did anyone lop that witches head off just to make sure she stays dead? You guys decide what you want to do. Let me know when you figure it out."

Trist cuts off the queen's head if it isn't already. She looks at all the rooms again and searches for secret or concealed doors.

DM can roll unless it's all been checked out already.

GreyWolfVT

#557 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Misha raises one eyebrow and looks like a wife questioning her husband "Yeah, this place is basically a big stone, I don't think it's the type that creates sparks so I doubt it will burn much master dwarf. But I am only a scholar and an upstart mage. Maybe you dwarf folk know a way to burn the stone, that I am unawares of."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#558 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Not easy to do perhaps, but if enough of the wood and what not inside gets burning the stone will become an oven and then everything goes. Flames don't even need to reach the other wood, the heat will do the job. The trick is getting enough going. Fire magic would be helpful and of course it will be the smoke that clears everyone out anyways. Not saying it is the best course of action, only a possible one if we don't get the cooperation we expect."

Egon is using this more as a threat to help guarantee the cooperation of the prisoners.

In the real world there are plenty of examples of "stone" keeps and castles completely gutted by fires. As far as the caves go in WWII there were several groups of people hiding in catacombs under cities that were suffocated when a building caught fire at an exit or entrance to the catacombs, the fire literally sucked all the air out of the catacombs as fire will preferentially draw oxygen (air) from beneath it to fuel its core. Even if the caverns have another entrance where air can flow from it will suck side dead ends out of air and suffocate anyone in them. I studied some of them in one of my Chemical Engineering classes. Some of the castle fires from the middle ages showed signs of melting stonework as well. In fact, years later some of that information would be remembered by those who would devise the plan for the bombing of Dresden by the allied forces in WWII, which I also had to study unfortunately.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#559 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Wow interesting. Trist is being a bit over dramatic here.

Trist adds, "I'm ok with whatever. Let's get a plan and go. Take the loot and go to town? Leave these to figure stuff out? Slowly gut this place with the loyal of the prisoners. If they are loyal, they go free."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#560 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"While we have them on the run, keep them on the run."

Return to “Archive”