Meta-Story Discussions (OOC)

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Meta-Story Discussions (OOC)

#21 Post by BackworldTraveller »

What of your skills can be deployed to sway this situation? Will Jokkar sway towards your need regardless of the outcome or sway towards the cautious approach called for by his father?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by kwll »

Not sure to follow here. Alameda is willing to help, but does not want to involve his son (is Jokkar his son?) for some reason?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:56 am Not sure to follow here. Alameda is willing to help, but does not want to involve his son (is Jokkar his son?) for some reason?
Sorry - Jokkar is the Chief's Son, but is possibly willing to follow Alameda and defy his Father's caution

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by kwll »

We have a good collection of characters now, many of which could easily be handled by a player. It seems that there are more to come. Still nobody is interested to join this game?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by BackworldTraveller »

What can I say...

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Please make a POW Roll (85% or under for you) to succeed!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by kwll »

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by kwll »

What kind of request, or command, can Jargian make to Arniz, if any? Is it simple orders only, or more elaborate behaviors, like staying around a given spot and react to a trigger?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:19 pm What kind of request, or command, can Jargian make to Arniz, if any? Is it simple orders only, or more elaborate behaviors, like staying around a given spot and react to a trigger?
Assume that Arniz is as well trained as a hunting dog, but is of a race that was once revered as gods!
"Stay", "Sit", "Down", "Come", "Chase", "Go Right", "Go Left", "Dinner", "Come here and I'll tickle your belly". All are known.

Commands like "Get off my lap", "Don't scratch the furniture" and "Don't sleep on my head" are more dubious.

n.b. There is a sometimes a difference between understanding a command and obeying it.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by BackworldTraveller »

We'll need some form of "Finding the Prey" roll first - Please pick an appropriate skill and make a roll

You can use your Llama rider as a beater, chaser, spotter or guard - but not all at once!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by kwll »

Maybe a Tracking roll would have a better chance to succeed?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by kwll »

I suppose a "knowledge" roll is represented by an INT roll? Which multiplier should be used?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:41 am I suppose a "knowledge" roll is represented by an INT roll? Which multiplier should be used?
There is a "Knowledge" factor on the character sheet. It's 10%. x5 I think - so 50% or less would be ideal.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by kwll »

OK. Just curious: is that a house rule?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:50 am OK. Just curious: is that a house rule?
Knowledge is based on your other stats per standard rules
x5 is a house rule as "Knowing your way about the society" isn't a skill in this version

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by BackworldTraveller »

That last spirit battle was a classic example of what happens when every party member (except Arniz) rolls badly!

You are all going to need to rest up. Darva's healing powers are severely curtailed due to lack of POW. His fetch is badly depleted and some of his other bound spirits were completely dispersed.
Almeda almost fled in the face of Chaos - and was badly battered (spirit-wise) too. He needs rest.
Androkar did flee and will need to be found and fixed.
Eda is also drained. If fact, you are currently the most powerful POW source in the party! Your healing spell is badly needed.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by BackworldTraveller »

FYI
Darva is asleep - Thus any magic cast upon him (as he's not aware of the effect and consenting) will need to overcome his magical resistance...This can be boosted by meditation or ritual for up to 10 mins (meditation) or 30+mins (Ritual).

Alternatively he can be awoken

Almeda is awake and may be a better target for your healing...as may you! You have no idea what this guy's magic is - but he doesn't seem to be a healer - which is odd for a Storm Bull. From the fight, you'd think he also knows bladesharp and protection - and fear he may have fanaticism too! He probably also knows/knew a rune-spell.

You know (from the village) that Eda's magic is limited to Bladesharp - Her axe can be very, very sharp! And yes, everyone felt that that might be foolhardy to concentrate on offence only.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by kwll »

I don't see a dodge score on my sheet. Wasn't it more like a RQ3 skill? Or is it DEX x 5?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:34 pm I don't see a dodge score on my sheet. Wasn't it more like a RQ3 skill? Or is it DEX x 5?
dex x5

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by kwll »

*sigh*

Return to “Prax (RQ2)”