Ironguard: Taverns and Hostelries thread.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ironguard: Taverns and Hostelries thread.

#61 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

[1d6]=6

Orgoth will be amicable and try and learn how much if at all their worship overlaps with his worship of Cromm.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Karaunios »

Dougal also paid 10gp to the Red Dragon owner and shrugs as he does so... He didn't do much other than fall asleep.

Once they enter the Sphynx and Naga and they're explained how the djinni lamp works, he eyes out curiously and tries his luck.

Sphinx & Naga 'Djinni lamp' [1d1000000]=882543

"I daen't thing it'll ever bring anything tae anyone. But at least it's a curious tradition faer this place." He shrugs (again) and sits at a table.

10gp and 1sp deducted.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#63 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven enjoys the time in the more sophisticated company of the dwarven run tavern, despite them learning little to advance their knowledge of the Moon Peak dwarves.

Random D6 [1d6]=2

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I am more than ready to head back to the adventures of Helix and the misty moors soon."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"Yes, for sure. I am looking forward to trying on my new Armor and testing my new shield."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Spearmint »

Sphinx & Naga: Orgoth random perception vs 1 [1d6]=6

Spotting nothing out of the ordinary or anything that might pique their curiosity or interest, Sven & Orgoth chat, enjoy some ales and leave.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Quonundrum »

Moriartus stops by the Red Dragon to catch up with Dougal, given that recent debauchery trashed the other tavern. He stops mid stride from the door when he notes the scarab tile pattern on the floor. The statue of Set he found that transformed into a mass of murderous black stone scarabs still fresh in his mind, he thought the motif quite odd for dwarves to choose ...

Tossing a silver into the genie lamp, he joins Dougal. "We should be ready to leave after tomorrow, I just have some work I need to do regarding the staff we found with the statue of Set. I would like to prepare for an expedition to assault that harpy nest."

While they chat, he glances about the room for other unusual decorative choices like the scarab tiles

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Karaunios »

Dougal nods at Moriartus. "Aye, sir. I dinna ken hae much longer i can stand being here. We have tae rescue the puir lads tae."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Sphinx & Naga
Why not? He puts in a sp & rubs the lamp Djinni lamp [1d1000000]=501971

Wouldn't mind moving on myself...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Spearmint »

Moriartus stops by the Red Dragon to catch up with Dougal. I think you mean the Sphinx and Naga

The Sphinx and Naga Tavern

Fydmar doesn't get the 'one in a million' chance to summon the Djinni and have all his wishes come true. The amphora chunks with coins, must be a lot of hopeful patrons chipping in over the years. Likewise Dougal rues his rubbing of the lamp.

Moriartus enters too and is immediately drawn to the scarab tiles and tries to connect any links to his recent encounters in Set tombs. During the drinking session between library studies and merchant selling, you have a gander at the fixtures and furnishings.

"Reclaimed. Excavated and brought in on the back of a wagon and refitted." the barman, Beowulfrun shares. "Came from off the barrows, like much of the bar. Those low benches from a hot spring sauna, the stained glass taken from the leaded panes of a derelict crypt."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Quonundrum »

Moriartus

Forgot my lottery roll ...
Sphinx & Naga 'Djinni lamp' [1d1000000]=704189

"Interesting. The floor tiles also, I assume? And from off the back of a wagon ... when was this? I expect the fruit of a rather successful expedition, I'm sure. I am what you might call a budding scholar of the Barrow Moor." Which is mostle true, although his true interest is in the cults that lurk among the mounds ...

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo says, "I am truly sorry for my troubles..I only wanted to help my friend."

-10gp

[1d6]=4
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Spearmint »

Concluding loose threads

The Sphinx and Naga Tavern

Of course the scarab designed floor tiles provoke unwanted memories. Despite the tavern being close to the Collegiate, it was obviously not one frequented by a younger Moriartus as an academic intern.

The tavern has been going at least a decade so the reclaimed stock was not liberated recently. The decor does give a certain 'vibe', a religious slant though that could just be marketing rather than the place is home to a cult. Though you know from the description brief they differ over Dwarven theology. The Barkeep does show an interest in your travels and whatever stories of the Barrows he can glean from you.

you might also have some recent revelations regarding dwarven factions, the Soothsayer's testimony, that give us pause to how much you initially confide in the staff.

All areas that you might consider as possible rabbit-holes or plot-hooks for future roleplay.

Return to “Settlement: Ironguard Motte”