[ic] In the Halls of Geryon

seanfsmith
seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

Re: [ic] In the Halls of Geryon

#41 Post by seanfsmith »

Just before it reaches the very edge of your light, the reptilian pauses. It has been crawling on its lower arms and feet, the upper arms holding a thick curved stick which it snaps---

A vivid burst of green energy leaps from the wand in the direction of Gsler, but where he's been watching the creature approach he's able to move before the bolt lands. Where it hits the floor, several patches of moss immediately sprout up.

The reptilian stands to full height -- almost seven feet tall -- and draws a pair of long daggers from holsters beneath its armpits.

w o t d u -- yal have the initiative now
Running Halls of Geryon Playing Drago Bisque
NAZl SLAGS GET lN THE BlN

Doubtful Gamer
Squire
Squire

#42 Post by Doubtful Gamer »

Ginus, upon laying eyes on the fearsome creature, swallows her fear and takes advantage of her drawn sword and torch, advancing against it and planning to strike it and immediately insert fire on the wound to burn the insides.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by tibbius »

Gsler moves to the creature's right side as Ginus advances directly. He intends to sever its leg while his companion distracts it with her flaming frontal assault.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

#44 Post by seanfsmith »

Doubtful Gamer wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:47 pm Ginus advances against the fearsome creature and strikes it and immediately insert fire on the wound to burn the insides.
The creature goes to block the torch and shrieks at the sword blow and isn't expecting the fire to follow up.
tibbius wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:24 pm Gsler moves to the creature's right side as Ginus advances directly. He intends to sever its leg while his companion distracts it with her flaming frontal assault.
Gsler's blade bites deep into the creature's thigh, the weapon making its way through the brittle bone more efficiently than he'd expect, and severing the limb straight off.

The creature hisses at the harm, falls back, drops to all-fives, and flees into the darkness back from where it came (to the west).

w o t d u

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by tibbius »

"Follow! There might be loot!" Gsler exclaims. Urgently, he pursues the fleeing lizard person, heedless that he himself does not bear a torch, presuming that Ginus will follow.
Does she?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

#46 Post by seanfsmith »

tibbius wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:57 pm "Follow! There might be loot!" Gsler exclaims. Urgently, he pursues the fleeing lizard person, heedless that he himself does not bear a torch, presuming that Ginus will follow.
Does she?
She does, keeping Gsler in the light as he rushes after the creature — and as he goes in for another strike the creature dodges out of the way and grazes his arm (Lose 1 STAMINA Gsler). It tries to then drive its dagger into the same cut, but Glser holds firm and parries the blade.

You could kill it here, or force it to submit.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by tibbius »

"You'll be safer, if you go along with us," Gsler lies for advantage while brandishing his ugly sword. "Show us the safe ways through here, eh? We'll spare your life. Even tend to your wounded leg. Who has that runic antler?"

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

#48 Post by seanfsmith »

tibbius wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:24 am "Show us the safe ways through here, eh? We'll spare your life."
The serpent-person looks up and lowers its dagger. "Very well, tree-kin. Today you have bested Sussurash and won her praise." Her tongue flickers in the air for a moment. "I see you not have slayed the beasts that run these halls. You shall find the Sarasanath stay on your side so long as that stays true.

"Where to? Do you seek safety or silver?
"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by tibbius »

"For sure we look for both," answers Gsler more honestly. "Here, let's see what this will do for ya ..." and he presses the antler-tip to the lizard woman's severed limb.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “In the Halls of Geryon (QF)”