Action Thread 8

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 8

#101 Post by rredmond »

Well, there's the big boss, who has a sword and lots of guards, and the priestess who's got spells and lots of guards,Lul says counting on his fingers.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Vargr1105 »

Trust an orc to provide clear and concise strategic information... Kayen thinks sarcastically to himself.

"Well gents and lasses..." he says to the group, "I'd vote for going to the pits first and leave the bosses for later. There is a chance some of the prisoners may still be in fighting condition to help strengthen our force. Barring that, we might at least procure some slaver equipment and accoutrement that may be used for disguise."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Freda nods at Kayen's suggestions.

"That does sound like a sound plan. We may even be able to get some of the slaves out without being detected, then come back to take care of the bosses..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by tkrexx »

The Illusionist, not in a hurry to face at least 2 powerful foes with boatloads of bodyguards, agrees.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#105 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett chimes in too: I'm in agreement with Kayen and the others. He looks around What says everyone else?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:26 a
To the Undercity!

To the pits then! Lul says with a smile.
He brings you rather quickly, with his feeble attempts at whistling, through the narrow passages. As you move forward you can hear a drumming sound. It's a somewhat regular drum sound. Doom, doom, doom, and growing to more of a boom, boom, boom sound. It's not so loud that it blocks all sound or even hampers your speech with each other. But it's certainly loud enough to be disconcerting. The passage winds around and then becomes straighter and more worked.
That's the back of the secret door to the flowing sewer water and bridge, he says indicating a wall that you can't tell is a secret door (marked with an S on the map). And these are the steps to the slave pits! He says as he heads up them.

The hallway opens up a bit to a good 5' wide and there are stairs directly ahead of you (west) going up.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Nuke66 »

"To the Pits," Eljay agrees.

Taking the lead, after their guide, she starts thinking.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by max_vale »

Ogre follows as well; his sword and shield gripped tightly; full of anxious energy. He's more than ready to free the poor slaves and exact some vengeance on their captors....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:28 a
To the Slave Pits!

The stairs go up for about 15 feet and end in a large well lit room. This broad, long room is filled with two rows of cages, whose bars reach from floor to ceiling. Each has a door with a heavy locking mechanism in it. On the floor of the cells are straw and wooden bowls. Each cell holds a man or a woman, although each could hold more. Strolling down the central corridor between the cages are four humans and five orcs. They are about 40' from where you are standing.

The humans and the orcs look as if they are appraising "stock" as they walk along the cells. One of the humans has chain mail and a long sword, and looks somewhat formidable. The second person is a female wearing chainmail armor and carrying a battle axe looking even more formidable than the male. The last person is wearing robes and some jewlery, and carries a staff.

Accompanying the humans are five orcs who are armed with crossbows and spears. One of the orcs carries a ring of keys.

A quick scan shows that the prisoners, thirteen in number, are ragged and beaten looking. Twelve of of them look like common folk, both male and female but one of them looks stronger, healthier than the rest. The look on his face shows you he isn't just a commoner. Also the bruises on his face, he seems to have been beaten more than the others, and yet looks in better health.

The orc with the keys notices you enter immediately: Lul, what are you doing here. I thought you were stationed upstairs? You definitely are not supposed to be down here today, what's going on here. Explain yourself!

Lul stops, confused for a moment.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (53.44 KiB) Viewed 892 times

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by Alethan »

"Time to see what you can do..." Freda whispers as she pulls the "well crafted" arrow from her quiver and sets it to string.

If any kind of aggressive act follows, she will immediately fire the arrow at the female with the battleaxe...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#111 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen readies one of his Javelins of Piercing, feeling he will be needing it soon.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by tkrexx »

Paralyzation, centered on the armored male, hopefully catching the staff-wielder also.

This Charm spell is kicking buttocks!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Vargr1105 »

tkrexx wrote:This Charm spell is kicking buttocks!
ooc: If this dude survives Kayen may have himself a future henchman. ;)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by max_vale »

'Ogre' feels his adrenaline spike and an almost gleeful look comes over him as he pictures rushing over towards his foes with his sword swinging and dolling out justice to the wicked slavers. Before he does so; a rare moment of forethought enters his smelly head; and he whispers over at Eljayess; "If'n you have any of that quiet-area magic ready; now might be a good time to use it...."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljayess, already ahead of Ogre, reaches to her neck to touch the her symbol while quietly praying.

(OOC: Silence 15' centered on the staff of the caster type. Just hope we win initiative!)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by saalaria »

Dredd makes sure the wand of fire is within easy reach and waits to see what the reaction of the opposition is to the party's appearance.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#117 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett draws his short sword and waits for a response from the foes.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by max_vale »

(OOC: Sorry, I should have made it more clear....Ogre will rush the bad-guys upon their seeing/taking action against the party and/or if any of his companions open the ball with a spell/missile attack/charage/etc.)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:30 a
To the Slave Pits!
SURPRISE!

The humans behind the orcs are chatting away, the orcs seem to lessen their guard as Lul responds: I was just showing my friend and his party here...

The guy in robes looks up and looks at the elves that no one seemed to have noticed, and sees praying and hand movements going on. “Whuh….” he starts to say. Then the merchant (sorry didn’t mention the merchant guy before, he’s the forth human, standard merchant type, luxurious robes, jewelry, etc) and the male fighter start grunting in the back… he doesn’t seem able to move, as the orcs and humans turn to look at him then a quietness settles over them. The guy in robes is obviously cursing now, but the curses cannot be heard.

Okay guys this round is a surprise round. You get a freebie (I’m afraid to even look at what Freda can do this round) everyone can act, except for Eljay and Phanstern who cast spells. This guys didn’t expect an attack, and are paying the price. Go ahead state intentions and attack.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
Silence: 6 minutes
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#120 Post by Alethan »

Freda glares at the female body guard, then fires three shots at her in quick succession...

To Hit, Missile (THAC014) [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15 (Hits AC -1)
Damage, Arrow [1d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 + ??? Well-Crafted Arrow Bonus ???

To Hit, Missile (THAC014) [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15 (Hits AC -1)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10

To Hit, Missile (THAC014) [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 (Hits AC -5)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”