Action Thread 8

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 8

#161 Post by saalaria »

Okay - guess depends what it means by get slaves out too - as we want to retain element of surprise really so need to hit the slavers quickly before they have time to prepare

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#162 Post by ToniXX »

Vargr1105 wrote:Seeing the orcs make for stairs Kayen will attempt to reach their base before they and hold them off with sword and shield.
Blodgett will do the same if possible:
To hit: [1d20] = 20, damage short sword: [1d6] = 3 (medium opponent)
OH SNAP!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay moves to engage the remaining orcs, but offers quarter first.

"Drop it and live."
She says, once.

Sorry, I missed the death of the robed man.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by max_vale »

Ogre; breathing heavy from the adrenaline and the action; sees the confusing mass of companions and enemies moving all around him and then sees the two paralyzed foes in front of him and a shout from one of his fellows to take them alive. Shrugging his shoulders, he reverses his sword and punches both of the paralyzed foes hard in the chin; to drop them into unconsciousness.* Once this is done; he'll quickly disarm them and drag them towards the smarter members of the group and suggest tying them up and then he'll see about freeing the slaves.

*OOC: Assuming this is cool Mr. DM; if not; I can repost with a different idea!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by tkrexx »

Dern cool t'me! :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:33 a
The Slave Pits
Round 2

Okay, sorry for the wee break in the action there. Jam packed coupla days for the DM in RL but it looks like y’all did some strategamatizing so that’s good. Back to the game.

Eljayess’s call to surrender falls on deaf ears as the two orcs are wide eyed and really, really want to get up those stairs. They drop their crossbows, bring spears to bear and charge toward the exit. Unfortunately for them, the Halfling and Elf make quick work of them, felling both orcs each with a single blow. Kayen actually has to tug his sword out of the monster’s spine to free it the stroke cut so deep.

Ogre meanwhile strolls up to the paralyzed twosome and knocks them both out and down (but still stuck in their standing positions as if statues) with a blow to the head of each. A sickening cracking crunch comes from the jaw of the heavy set merchant guy. The dude who pulled the crossbow out of his arm takes a punch at the merchant looking guy as he falls against the cage, before Ogre pulls him away.

The chained slave walks out from the stairs behind Phanstern and says “Ted! I didn’t think I’d see you again.” and walks up to the southernmost cell to attempt to try and open it - without success considering his hands are chained. He and Ted are talking.

Lul meanwhile runs up the right side aisle after Kayen, sputtering an apology, “They were with those damn slavers… that’s why they reacted like that, so sorry!”.

You were able to dispatch the last orcs with relative quiet and ease. No one is appearing at either opening to this room. There are the two doors that are unexplored. But now the 13 slaves, some in worse condition than others, start clamoring for release. Slave #1 (guy who got shot by the crossbow) looks in pretty good shape, even after being shot, and after his obvious roughing up. Slaves 2-6 look like the normal farmworkers, that you know the slavers like to kidnap. Slaves 7-12 the same, farmworkers, except they are female. Ted, slave #13, looks better off than the farmhands, though not as tough as slave #1, but certainly less beat up. All 13 slaves are locked in the cells.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (152.74 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Paralyzed dudes are paralyzed and knocked out. All other bad guys are on the floor bleeding. 13 is a lot of slaves. :) The stairs in the northern end lead up to a landing that bends north, there may be some creaking and movement there, to the north, but it’s hard to tell after this hard, and well, fought battle.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
Silence: 4 minutes
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#167 Post by Alethan »

"Let's drag the two live ones back to the stairs and secure them properly. Search them and the other bodies for keys to the cells, too."

When there is a path, Freda will try and recover as many of her arrows as she can from the two bodies (the female fighter and the cloaked figure). If either of them is still alive and bleeding out, she will do nothing to stop it from happening. She'll also examine the two bodies for anything of value or that appears quality/magical in nature.

(Mr. DM, let me know if arrow recovery is possible and what kind of % chance I might have, if so. Would like to get back at least SOME of my magical arrows, if I can!)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by saalaria »

Dredd also helps with searching the bodies. To no one in particular:

"Please take care with our robed friend, he may have spell books or magical components that could be very useful for Phanstern or myself."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will closely examine the robed figure, taking in all of his features, even opening his eyes to determine color. Of course he will also rifle thru his robes, pockets, pouches, etc. We should put those two in a cage, he advises. Strip them of possessions and weapons, and tie the warrior tightly, and gag him also. I want to question the merchant. Lul, were any of these people members of the Slavers?

EDIT: Spelling err, "roped" into "robed."
Last edited by tkrexx on Fri May 24, 2013 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by Distorted Humor »

I help drag and search.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#171 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett the thief helps search as well.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by max_vale »

Ogre helps with dragging the prisoners over to be tied up and searched and then goes about helping to free the slaves anyway he can; using his strength to attempt to bend bars if necessary....

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#173 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay helps with the prisoners.

"Maybe our friend here can tell us if these were some of the leaders."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:40 a
The Slave Pits

As you all start dragging and searching, the Silence spell ends. As the two paralyzed and knocked out bad guys are dragged to the southern stairs, Freda gathers up arrows. Everyone else starts searching. As Phanstern finds out the robed figure has brown eyes, he also finds the answer to his question.

No these are the bosses, they are merchants. Just coming to buy slaves, not the slavers we work for, they sell them outside of Highport.Lul answers. Then he answers Eljay, just the orcs do these tours. The leaders are elsewhere. Though he was a good orc and captain, he says sadly as he points to the dead orc who led the group and questioned you all as you entered.

The dead and the prisoners seem to have a bunch of stuff. The leader of the orcs has a ring of keys (which Ogres snatches up and starts freeing slaves). and 7gps, as well as his spear and light crossbow. The other orcs have, total, 13gps, and each has a spear and crossbow. Among all of them there are only 12 bolts left for the crossbows. The humans have the following stuffs:
Alive merchant: 100gps, dagger, nice clothing and a jaunty cap;
Alive male guard: no money, chain mail, long sword that seems to glow when it's out of it's scabbard;
Dead female guard: no money, chain mail, battle axe, in a small pouch that seemed to be hidden (pushed down inside the belt of her armor) a small bit of highly polished agate very pretty with it's multi-colored layers;
The robed guy: ah the robed guy, he has his nice robes, a pouch with some kewl spell components (chalk, soot, vermillion, bitumen, a flask with holes in the top containing a live spider, a bit of gum arabic, spider web folded into a tissue, a really small bag with an even smaller candle in it, and another flask with a drop of a thick black liquid that smells sweet), a staff, a dagger, bracers on each arm, and a gold ring on his left hand and a silver ring on his right hand, hidden in a pouch (tucked inside his robes) there is 30gps.

That seems to be about all they have. :)

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#175 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Let's sort through that stuff carefully! Should be some good items in there.

I think Kayen should have first shot at the magical longsword, since he has proficiency in it and the only other magical weapon he has is the remaining javelin of piercing. But if he doesn't want it, then Freda would be happy to use it, as she could use a magical weapon for melee, as well.

I'm sure the female fighter had something magical, as well... probably the axe, if anyone is proficient.

Everything on the wizard should be suspect as possibly being magical - the bracers, the rings, the staff and dagger. Maybe even the robes.

Anyone have a detect magic spell, by the way? If we only have one or two, then maybe better to wait until the fight with the bosses to use it. Unless it might benefit someone to know if something is magical now so they could use it in the big boss fight.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by tkrexx »

Very likely that the Mage's gear will be more suited to Dredd.

NONE of these people were among the Slave Lords?? Phanstern eyeballs the Orc disbelieveingly, then casts a worried glance at each of his companions.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by rredmond »

Lul shrugs, buyers, not the bosses for here.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#178 Post by saalaria »

Dredd makes sure the two live slaver types are gagged properly.

He then takes and examines the rings. He will also take a good look at the robes, stripping the guy if he thinks they are magical.

We should probably get a move on as I am sure there will be patrols around this place. So take all the stuff but then what ? Lead the slaves back to where we came in and then go back to take care of the bosses?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by tkrexx »

We should probably get a move on as I am sure there will be patrols around this place. So take all the stuff but then what ? Lead the slaves back to where we came in and then go back to take care of the bosses?
Tho I doubt these are all the slaves, I think this is a good plan. We rescue some of these lot, get some rest, hp & spells back. Unfortunately, the Slavers will be prepared for us when we return. Traps, reenforcements, etc, and a BIG mad on.
Let's not forget his bracers, Phanstern urges Dredd. If I need to, I believe I can create an illusion around myself to appear as this fellow, the Merchant, or even the Orc Captain. It might help us escape, or conversely get us close to the Slave Lords.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#180 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay doesn't participate in the looting, she watches the doorway for company.

OOC: IC or OOC I think we should lead the slaves to freedom and rest. Possible sort through some of the goodies, and rest. Given our current status, I'd think we could be in for a TPK if we try now.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”