Action Thread 8

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 8

#121 Post by saalaria »

Dredd will hold for now. He will magic missile anyone who looks like they are leaving or trying to raise the alarm in some way
Whoa don't mess with Freda! That was amazing rolling!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen speaks the command word and hurls his javelin at the chain-clad, formidable-looking female carrying a battle axe.

To hit with Javelin of Piercing: [1d20+7] = 7+7 = 14, damage [1d6+6] = 4+6 = 10

ooc: hmmm. Unless she's over 60ft away that will be short range. The roll includes Kayen's +1 with missiles. His THACO is 17 so it hits AC 3.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#123 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will parry this round, waiting for all missile weapons to go off.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by max_vale »

'Ogre' waits for his companions missiles to be launched and then he charges towards his foes; angling for the human in the robes and viciously slashing his intended target or anyone who stands between him and his intended target with his sword....

Attack Roll (Not sure if this would be 'next' round or not; but here goes the attack attempt at +4 for STR, Specialization and Magic Weapon): [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by tkrexx »

[1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24
(ala Ric Flair: Woooooo!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by Distorted Humor »

The female dwarf rushes forward to attack

[1d20] = 1

:oops:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:31 a
To the Slave Pits!
SURPRISE!

Egads, paralyzation is until dispelled! Oh boy.

With two of the group facing you paralyzed and the rest surprised. The party jumps into action!

Freda lets loose her arrows. Thunk, thunk, thunk, they all hit home. The female warrior appears to cry out in pain, but pulls one out as she moves forward, slashing her battle axe back and forth, to engage the party. But as she moves forward there’s a whishing sound as everyone feels the rush of air fly past them. For a split second everyone sees a javelin piercing her torso she looks as if she cries out in pain again. The javelin disappears leaving a bleeding wound, and yet she continues to move forward!

Ogre and the dwarf rush forward to meet her. The dwarf fumbles a bit on the way ( ;) ) and Ogre meets the warrior with a mighty cleave of his sword. Let’s roll some damage, it could matter!
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (152.6 KiB) Viewed 842 times
Okay we are heading into round 1. Before anything we do need Ogre’s damage on the female warrior. Then if someone could please roll initiative. It is tight quarters for fighting as you can see from the map. You could get off missiles through the bars, but there are people in those cells and they would be in the way. Elwita and Ogre have double attacks this round (as does Freda if she wants to continue shooting arrows.) Bad Guy (BG) 1 is the female fighte. BG3 is the merchant and BG4 is the male fighter, both of whom are paralyzed. BG2 is the guy in robes. Orcs (little “o”s are in front and back). Also, for the guys in the back there, I'll be kind with ability to move and attack because I just put you all mumble jumble and piggely wiggely back there.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
Silence: 5 minutes
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by saalaria »

Ron where would Dredd have to move to to be able to see the two orcs at the back?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#129 Post by Alethan »

Freda moves to the right and shouts, "Prisoners, move to the back walls and stay low!"

As soon as they comply, she fires off four shots at the man wearing the robes.

To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 14) [1d20+5] = 8+5 = 13 (Hits AC 1)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 2+4 = 6

To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 14) [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 (Hits AC -5)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5

To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 14) [1d20+5] = 14+5 = 19 (Hits AC -5)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 3+4 = 7

To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 14) [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25 (Hits AC -11!!!)
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10

(Oh, that last one was beautiful...)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#130 Post by ToniXX »

saalaria wrote:Ron where would Dredd have to move to to be able to see the two orcs at the back?
Blodgett may well go with Dredd if he moves in this direction.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern has surveyed the situation and will search for a scroll, hold the lantern and watch the rear. One might hear him grumbling something about how that smelly Lul better not try anything.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by rredmond »

the "cells" are simply bars on four sides with a locked gate. They don't impede vision really at all. Besides the facts that there's a lot of people in the room, you all have a great view of the whole room.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Sorry for the hold up! Here's the damage roll:

[1d8+6] = 5+6 = 11

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Dwarf recovers from her fumble and swings

[1d20] = 19

(Boooyaaa!)

1d4+1 + 2 damage

[1d4] = 1 +3

[1d20] = 9

[1d4] = 3 +3

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by saalaria »

Dredd moves up behind the Halfling , better able to see the orcs in the rear, and will mm if one turns tail to exit the room at the other end
are you are moving up Toni? Problem could be the orcs loop around and come down this side of the cells....
all the good rolls are definitely in this adventure!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#136 Post by ToniXX »

saalaria wrote:Dredd moves up behind the Halfling , better able to see the orcs in the rear, and will mm if one turns tail to exit the room at the other end
are you are moving up Toni? Problem could be the orcs loop around and come down this side of the cells....
all the good rolls are definitely in this adventure!
Blodgett looks over his shoulder at Dredd and says Follow me. He will then move (per your posted map) straight up from where he is, with the cells to his left, with the intent of meeting the orcs that are in the back of the enemy group.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#137 Post by Alethan »

Ahhhhh... I just realized there was room to get around on the outside of the cages. In that case, Freda would move to the left and forward behind the left cages until she could get a shot off at the robed guy.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#138 Post by saalaria »

Dredd will follow Blodgett up the right side

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by tkrexx »

Careful! Phanstern whispers. Who knows what may appear thru that door!

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”