Investigation #6: The Historical Site Part 2

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Investigation #6: The Historical Site Part 2

#121 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker taps and swipes, storing this new data in the cloud, then turns to Stanton. You saved my friend's life tonight. Thank you. I cannot repay what you did- but I am ready to help, if you need something.
FA FO

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#122 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy thanks the ghost marshall's ghost before it is too late "Thank you Marshall. I am sorry that we did not heed your advice fast enough to avoid this." turning to Jeniveve "Thank you, for your help Jeniveve." then finally to Mac "I'm glad you're alright Mac. I was getting really worried." and then to Joker "Whatever you did Joker thank you it really helped."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Thanks Roy, as always a group effort."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#124 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Looking around, Lionel counsels a hasty exit. Uh, maybe we should get out, now, if you're good to go Mac. Jeniveve, we'll drop you off if you're ready. Looking at the ghost of her grandfather, he continues, If you want to stay a while longer, though, I understand
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I am good to go, but probably shouldn't be driving."

GreyWolfVT

#126 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods his head agreeing to leave and starts towards the Jeep helping Jeniveve if she needs the assistance.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Bluehorse »

Drinkin' With the Dead
September 18, 2018 6:05am
Dark, Cool.

Jeniveve looks towards both Roy & Lionel as they speak to her and smiles that oddly knowing smile that was so creepy. We're not done yet, thank you... she holds her finger up to wait.
Rex wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:55 pm Mac "I told you Drake, I have never encountered anyone who could out drink me."
Drake Harris growls and goes for his gun. How about out-shoot!

Marshall Reeves already has a bead on him. He fires the long barreled gun and the world seems to stand still for a moment as thunder booms in and around the tavern and a flash of what could only be described as hell-fire explodes forth as a bullet screams into the ghost of Drake Harris. The ghost screams as time slams back into the correct current and you watch him go up in ashes as the bullet wound erupts and quickly begins consuming him until there is nothing left a short second later but an old rusted revolver, a bag of silver dollars, and the shot glass he was holding.

The Marshall growls lowly and twirls the pistol before putting it back into the holster at his hip where the hellish glow is extinguished. He sighs and nods, then looks over at the ghostbusters and holds up a hand. Stay right there... you're not excused and we have just enough time...

Stanton smiles a little at that and nods. I am ready.

Marshall Reeves takes in a deep breath and the world holds still a moment until he lets it out and everything seems to go past them in fast forward as their vision blurs. When everything finally stops, they are no longer in the tavern, but...
Judge Parker's Court...
Screenshot 2022-07-18 104011.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-18 104011.jpg (70.03 KiB) Viewed 2191 times
There are ghosts... ghosts everywhere... ghosts filling nearly every seat in the courtroom Judge Parker himself is sitting behind his desk, gavel in hand. There is a ghost behind held by another dressed as a marshall.

Judge Parker Thomas Cree... for acts of disturbing the peace and endangering the warfare of the living, based on the evidence against you, I sentence you to damnation at the gallows tomorrow at sundown. he bangs the gavel three times.

The ghost protest loudly but he and the marshall sink into the floor at the sounds of the gavel. Roy & Lionel will remember that directly under the courthouse was the infamous Hell on the Border Jail that they took readings from a few days back during their tour of the grounds. This might be an explanation of those readings...

Parker then looked up, spotting Reeves and then his gaze passes over all of your. He stands prompting everyone else in the motley crowd to do the same and you have the eyes of a wide variety of ghosts all looking at you as the judge points a finger your way. You! All of you, come here... he points to the spot in front of his desk. Approach the bench, now!

No one can resist. You are simply suddenly there standing before the ghostly judge with the Marshall, the entire court now focused on you. You have caused a great deal of disruption in this town. What have you to say for yourselves?
Actions?

BP Spending

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 256/256 @
Roy O'Dowd: 337/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 255/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 506/584

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac says in a very slurred and wobbly manner, "We were trying to help your honor."

Edited for being drunk.
Last edited by Rex on Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:04 pm Mac

"It wasn't intentional your honor. There are some serious problems in the town being caused by the supernatural, possibly even a demon and we are trying to figure out a way to stop the demon. We certainly didn't mean to cause any additional problems anywhere."
Remember you're drunk ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Rex »

Forgot, edited my post.

GreyWolfVT

#131 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy sighs "We were trying to help your honor, we did not mean to cause any harm we were but trying to go good for the people by getting rid of the ghosts that were disturbing the peace. Honest we tried to leave but one of the spirits of ill nature took control over our friend here. Thankfully we found someone to help remove the curse so that the good Marshall could do what he does best."

Scott308

#132 Post by Scott308 »

Yeah, what they said. Our job is to...bust...ghosts- trap and destroy harmful spirits. There's a lot of ghosts in this area- well, obviously you know that. There's plenty of bad things in town, and our job is to get rid of them, helping the living. And the dead, too! We've helped ghosts who were being attacked by evil, stronger ghosts, draining them of their energy. We've helped ghosts finish things they couldn't do in life so they could rest peacefully. So, yeah, maybe we've caused some disruption. But we're helping, so I'm gonna keep doing it. Your honor.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Yup, Burp."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:15 am Mac

"Yup, Burp."
:lol:

The Judge looks over you all and then eyes Jeniveve and Stanton And the two of you have caused more than enough grief for this court. But with the laws being what they are and the jurisdictions as they are drawn, you are dismissed but don't give me reason to put a warrant on you, Miss. Joliet.

Stanton smiles and looks at his so many greats granddaughter before closing his eyes and disappearing in an upward cascade of white lights through the ceiling while Jeniveve herself disappears at a wave of Marshall Reeves's hand.

The sun was growing brighter through the courtroom windows as Judge Parker addressed you and everyone inside began to look less substantial than they did on your entrance. The court will table this discussion for a future date as the time for night court draws to a close. You are all required to answer a summons when given under penalty of contempt. he bangs the gavel and rises. The gavel blow reverberates through the old courtroom and feels like a punch in the gut as all the ghost before you disappear and you are standing in a very ordinary looking room once more, all your PKE equipment still registers high readings but are no longer off the charts like they were when you appeared here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker hasn't spoken- he's too gorked out by the whole process. He taps a few icons on his phone, trying to make sense of the readings.
When he looks up, he's obviously irritated and worried. Wonderful. Now we've got Q judging us...
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#136 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy having been through a new experience sighs "Well that was something. Ghost court, new experiences every day in this job."

Scott308

#137 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel looks to see if Jeniveve is still there, or if she really disappeared when the judge dismissed her. If not there, he will head outside and try to spot her.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Bluehorse »

The Judge
September 18, 2018 6:25am
Sunrise, Cool.

Jeniveve was indeed outside at the foot of the stairs, her face turned towards the rising sun. She turned her head as the courthouse doors opened. Someone there? Apparently, she really was dismissed. After they exit the courtroom, the doors slam shut and there is a heavy echoing clank as the old oak and iron doors lock behind them.

Jeniveve nods. I'll take that ride home now, please.

Feel free to post any other comments or actions from your characters here if you feel it necessary. But I am going to begin wrapping this up.
Sorry it took so long, this summer has been a busy one.

We will be going back to the Firehouse thread for anything after this scene.

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 43#p620843

End Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 337/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 255/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 506/584

Starting Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 355/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 289/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 580/584

Used Brownie Points: Also finally combining the BP spending from What have you learned about Kindle so I can put a pin in that one.
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 4
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 0
Roy O'Dowd: 36
David "Mac" McAuslan: 37
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 19

Success!

Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 4 x 150% = 6
Roy O'Dowd: 36 x 150% = 54
David "Mac" McAuslan: 37 x 150% = 56
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 19 x 150% = 29

Uncovered what is going on with the Historical Site:
Mass Haunting! Multiple time periods! Cowboys and Indians Sleeping together! Mass Histeria!!! +10bp
Worked out what is happening with the Gallows: +2
Contact with Marshall Reeves: +2
Figured out who the old man that likes to drink and disappear (Stanton) +1
Worked with Jenevieve +1
Busted? The ghost of Drake Harris +5
Lifted Curse +5
Met Judge Parker's Ghost +5

Mac: Out drank a Dead Man +3
Joker: Worked out the puzzle about the chaser: +3 Can't believe you drank the first one
Lionel & Roy: Witches baby! Thought to get Jenevieve. +2

New Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 249/249 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 289/289 @
Roy O'Dowd: 426/426 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 345/345
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 569/569
Still Healing I'm afraid. Kindle really got you, but some rest will help

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Thanks for the help Jeniveve, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it for a bit there."

GreyWolfVT

#140 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy to Jeniveve "Yes it is us Jeniveve. Apparently the spirits have more control over the living than I previously thought." to Mac "You and me both Mac. I was certain this was going to end worse off and that is why I felt like we needed all the help we could get. So I'm very glad Jeniveve was able to help us."

Return to “Mission Archive”