Character Generation

Bowlegged_Dice
Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

Character Generation

#1 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

Campaign Number is 963

All rolls will be made in the Unseen Dice Roller and linked here or where appropriate.

Only rolls made after this post will be accepted.

Using the rules in Runequest II by Steve Perrin/Chaosium.

All characters will be human. No ducks.

Roll 3d6 straight down for the characteristics below…

Strength
Constitution
Size
Intelligence
Power
Dexterity
Charisma

If you feel you have rolled an useless character, just ask and I will consider a reroll. Bear in mind, I think it is good to have a balanced character with faults/weaknesses.

Once you have rolled your characteristics, figure out your character’s ability scores; Attack, Parry, Hit Points, etc..

Then roll your Background and Money.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Character Generation

#2 Post by ffilz »

Here's my start:

STR [3d6]=14 CON [3d6]=8 SIZ [3d6]=9 INT [3d6]=5 POW [3d6]=16 DEX [3d6]=12 CHA [3d6]=10

ATTACK: -5%
PARRY: +0%
DEFENCE: -5%
HP: 8 + 0
DAMAGE BONUS: none
PERCEPTION: -5%
STEALTH: -5%
MANIPULATION: -5%
KNOWLEDGE: -5%
ORATORY: -5%

That INT 5 is a killer... I'll let you decide if this should be a re-roll. His high POW isn't even much of an advantage since he will only ever be able to memorize 5 points of spells...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#3 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

Hmmm...I’m thinking that I will go ahead and allow the players to rearrange their rolls to suit the idea of their characters, just like we do sometimes with D&D.

Does this work for everyone?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:29 am Hmmm...I’m thinking that I will go ahead and allow the players to rearrange their rolls to suit the idea of their characters, just like we do sometimes with D&D.

As a suggestion, allow some extra rolls or 3d6c1. The dice roller is rolling relatively low so far. As we have just 3 characters we need some quality and the mediocre bunch so far are less than inspiring. Ffilz 74 points out of an average of 73.5 and my own 71 are going to be cannon fodder (or would be if cannon existed).

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by BackworldTraveller »

P.S. I'd like to run a Humakti: Townsman (Pavis) or Minor noble (Though finding somewhere with the kind of set up that supports minor nobles near Pavis is tricky; Finding somewhere that would generate Humakti minor nobles would be trickier)...Anyone else got a favourite for the party?

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#6 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:59 am
Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:29 am Hmmm...I’m thinking that I will go ahead and allow the players to rearrange their rolls to suit the idea of their characters, just like we do sometimes with D&D.

As a suggestion, allow some extra rolls or 3d6c1. The dice roller is rolling relatively low so far. As we have just 3 characters we need some quality and the mediocre bunch so far are less than inspiring. Ffilz 74 points out of an average of 73.5 and my own 71 are going to be cannon fodder (or would be if cannon existed).
I agree to the need for quality with just 2-3 characters. I like “heroic” characters, those with an edge which you will probably need. I’ll allow 4d6c1 (roll 4d6 and drop the lowest) for each characteristic. But it’s still RAW for Background and Starting Money.

Let’s get rolling…

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ffilz »

Ok. I’ll roll a new set with 4d6k3 when I get in front of my computer.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#8 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

4d6k3?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by ffilz »

Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:47 pm4d6k3?
4d6 keep 3. I’m pressure it’s the same as 4d6c1. Just keep highest 3 instead if drop lowest…

Having done some L5R I’ve adopted the keep wording instead of the drop lowest wording.

All dice rollers seem to understand 4d6k3 I don’t know if any other than Unseen Servant understand 4d6c1.

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#10 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

ffilz wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:41 pm
Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:47 pm4d6k3?
4d6 keep 3. I’m pressure it’s the same as 4d6c1. Just keep highest 3 instead if drop lowest…
I understand now. Thank you for explaining this.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Background

Money
* 20 = 1840!
STR

CON

SIZ

INT

POW

DEX

CHA

Handy though the money is, this guy would be better if the SIZ and DEX swapped - In fact she might be playable with those two swapped. I mean that 3 on 4D6C1 is a 1:1296 shot! In fact this guy might actually be worse than the 3d6 guy without a swap! (actually he's 3 points better overall, likely to remove his own leg and MUCH richer)

(Without a swap he's going to be -ve on Attack, Parry, Defence, Manipulate and Stealth.)

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#12 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

Your post made me realize I didn’t clarify this earlier. You can arrange your rolls to suit.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by BackworldTraveller »

OK - Final Characteristics...
STR: 14, CON: 9, SIZ: 3, INT: 14, POW: 14, DEX: 11, CHA: 12

Which yields...
Attack: +5
Parry: +5
Defence: +10
Hit Points: 7
Damage Bonus: None
Perception: +5
Stealth:+15
Manipulation:+5
Knowledge:+5
Base Strike Rank:+6/3

Female Very Rich Noble.

Nationality: To be agreed
Residence: To be agreed
Family: To be agreed

Basic Equipment
Per the book, the basic equipment is per below...
  • Tunic
  • Belt knife
  • Breeches/kilt
  • Fire making gear
  • Sandals/boots
  • Underwear (loin cloth)
  • Warm cloak/coat
  • Headgear/hat/cap
  • A basic weapon (such as broadsword)
  • Brigandine or Chainmail hauberk
  • Chainmail limb protection
  • Closed helm
  • A riding horse
  • A 2-handed or missile weapon, depending on DEX
  • Anything else he needs, he can buy!
Given the location, Would the animal really be a horse? They are, after all, despised.

Some questions about my character's background as a Very Rich Noble...
1) Where are the family estates?
2) Where in Pavis is the family residence? (It was there before the Lunar Garrison arrived)
2a) What does it look like?
3) Who are the main members of the family?
3a) Which Cults are they related to?
3b) Who are my elder siblings? Somehow they give me the freedom to go adventuring!
3c) Are there any younger siblings?
4) What is the family's relationship to the Lunar Garrison? To the Tribes?
5) Who are the family's principal retainers?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by kwll »

Name: Terakt

STR:

CON:

SIZ:

INT:

POW:

DEX:

CHA:

Background:
Townsman

Money:
161L

Abilities:
Attack=+5%
Parry=+0%
Defense=+5%
Hit Points=16
Damage Bonus=none
Perception=+5%
Stealth=+5%
Manipulation=+5%
Knowldege=+5%
Base SR=+3

Equipment:
  • Tunic
  • Breeches
  • Boots
  • Underwear (loin cloth)
  • Warm cloak
  • Cap
  • Belt knife
  • Fire making gear
  • Flasks
  • Torches
  • Lamps
  • Rope
  • Tools (Mallets / Spikes / ...)

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:36 pm Name: Terakt
Which Cult do you fancy adhering to? I'm still fairly set on a Humakti...A short life but a brave one!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

Hmm

Normally I like to play as rolled, but 8 INT is still a bummer... So

STR [4d6c1]=13 CON [4d6c1]=8 SIZ [4d6c1]=5 INT [4d6c1]=16 POW [4d6c1]=12 DEX [4d6c1]=16 CHA [4d6c1]=8

I wish it showed all the dice, because being able to take SIZ 3 or 4 would have been nice, oh, wait, since a 5 is 2-2-1, the 4th die MUST have been a 1 (otherwise the roll would have been 6). Do you mind if I take the 4 SIZ?

Rich Noble

Well then... Not much money... Which is fine, I was going with Orlanth "thief" when I saw that 5 to put into SIZ.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by BackworldTraveller »

An Orlanthi Thief. Raffles of Pavis! That's going to go well with a Humakti. Still, It's clear how we've come to know each other. There are only 25 rich families in Pavis (excluding the Chaos Red Moon Garrison's commander) {n.b. I counted the rich houses on the Pavis map to get that number}. Your lack of cash makes an interesting background quirk - Why?

We just need to find out what type of character Terakt is and why (s)he's one of our crew!

Bowlegged_Dice
Runner
Runner

#18 Post by Bowlegged_Dice »

Do you mind if I take the 4 SIZ?

I do not mind.

To the both of you, your characters need not be from Pavis /Prax itself. Your character could be from Esrolia, Lunar Tarsh, and Sartar just to name a few. Being born into noble families would find a character from either an estate or one of the cities. The circumstances of your characters arrival at New Pavis are up to you.

Keep your rolls under the same name for the campaign. I’m sure everything is on the up and up, it’s just confusing to try and keep up. I’ll be adding more sub forums and game information once I get my laptop fixed.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ffilz »

Bowlegged_Dice wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:32 am Do you mind if I take the 4 SIZ?

I do not mind.

To the both of you, your characters need not be from Pavis /Prax itself. Your character could be from Esrolia, Lunar Tarsh, and Sartar just to name a few. Being born into noble families would find a character from either an estate or one of the cities. The circumstances of your characters arrival at New Pavis are up to you.

Keep your rolls under the same name for the campaign. I’m sure everything is on the up and up, it’s just confusing to try and keep up. I’ll be adding more sub forums and game information once I get my laptop fixed.
I'll be editing my character's name in the dice roller once I name my PC. I think that will keep all the rolls organized.

And SIZ 4 it is...

Interesting we have TWO small, well, tiny actually, PCs...

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by kwll »

I will probably go with cult of Pavis, but am open to suggestions if others have a better idea.

If Terakt is acceptable as rolled, I will go ahead and produce his character sheet. What price list should we use to buy gear?

Return to “Adventures in Pavis (RQII)”