Cyberpunk Campaign

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Cyberpunk Campaign

#1 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Starting a cyberpunk campaign by this weekend. I will be using the HERO rpg system, 5th edition to run it. The starting year is 2050 and the group will be operating as freelance agents in a crazy world!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Cyberpunk Campaign

#2 Post by Rex »

I may be interested. Not familiar with Hero (any edition) if that matters.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by gurusql »

Count me in as the other HERO GM on this board.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

I am in the other Hero game and like it but still struggle a little with the rules.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Lance »

I'd be interested in a cyberpunk game, but I can't commit to another game right now.
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:22 am I may be interested. Not familiar with Hero (any edition) if that matters.
I can email a PDF copy of the rule book.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

I have a PDF, and even play in a game. I just haven't taken the time to really study the rules like I need too. Maybe this would be a good motivation too.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

I'm interested, but my free time is limited, so I was wondering what sort of posting rate you are expecting.

I'm a newbie to the HERO system, learning it through gurusql's superhero game here on US.

The only experience I have of an cyberpunk type game is Shadowrun, many years ago.
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

shaidar wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:09 pm I'm interested, but my free time is limited, so I was wondering what sort of posting rate you are expecting.

I'm a newbie to the HERO system, learning it through gurusql's superhero game here on US.

The only experience I have of an cyberpunk type game is Shadowrun, many years ago.
I hope to have everyone post turns every two days or so, if possible.
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Rex wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:43 pm I have a PDF, and even play in a game. I just haven't taken the time to really study the rules like I need too. Maybe this would be a good motivation too.
I would be more than happy to answer any questions on it or even tell you page numbers for reference.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Thanks. I am in then if you decide to start the game up.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

So this would be the 5th edition revised rules?
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Leitz »

Harpoonrgm84a wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:23 pm I can email a PDF copy of the rule book.
Please don't do that; it's neither legal nor nice.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by tibbius »

Leitz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:02 pm
Harpoonrgm84a wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:23 pm I can email a PDF copy of the rule book.
There is a clear distinction btwn the GM passing around a single paid-for copy of someone else's rules at a table, and the GM making multiple unauthorized and unpaid copies of someone else's rules to then distribute. The former is legal. The latter is not.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Lance »

tibbius wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:54 pm
There is a clear distinction btwn the GM passing around a single paid-for copy of someone else's rules at a table, and the GM making multiple unauthorized and unpaid copies of someone else's rules to then distribute. The former is legal. The latter is not.
The GM can email you his copy, just make sure you email it back once you're finished reading it :D
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by tibbius »

Lance wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:26 am
tibbius wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:54 pm

The GM can email you his copy, just make sure you email it back once you're finished reading it :D
While "delete after reading" seems fair, it's still technically copyright infringement.

post hoc purchasing a copy of what's been borrowed would kind of alleviate the infringement.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

shaidar wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:53 pm So this would be the 5th edition revised rules?
Yes sir
Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay, for everyone playing, it will be 125 points with 125 points of disadvantages. I have the campaign posting site up and will start adding the history as everyone will know it as well as equipment available. By the way, your starting money will be determined from the points put into your professional skill pick.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by shaidar »

As a newbie, is it worth me getting the Hero System sidekick PDF?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/19 ... ekick--PDF
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by gurusql »

Harpoonrgm84a wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 am Okay, for everyone playing, it will be 125 points with 125 points of disadvantages. I have the campaign posting site up and will start adding the history as everyone will know it as well as equipment available. By the way, your starting money will be determined from the points put into your professional skill pick.
Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place - but I am not seeing the campaign posting - nothing is posted or nothing is shared yet.

Return to “Looking for players or games”