All Roads Lead to Red Larch

hedgeknight
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: All Roads Lead to Red Larch

#161 Post by Lance »

Neogra walks in, eating the last of the breakfast generously paid for by her friend. "So, are we ready to start?" She looks at the tired and pale faces and sniffs the air "Is that brimstone?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#162 Post by tarlyn »

Kol

"What? What those demons? Never I fight one before.Talking to dead bad thing" She whispers tha last part to herself

but everyone can hear what she said.

Sheathing her blade after wiping it and cleaning it, she asks for a hot beverage and a plate of some cheese and meats.

Rubbing her belly and grinning "Battle make hungry and I am hungry!"

Sheet updated for xp.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by gurusql »

Mag

Mag will return inside to eat. No sense on starting this trouble on an empty stomach.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Rex »

Moan

Moan finds his seat and orders a mead and whatever they have for breakfast. "I agree Kol, food sounds good."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by hedgeknight »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:55 pm Razillin "I suppose we should do something about the dead body perhaps burn it or bury it? Good constable what do you think? What do you typically do with dead bad guys?"
"Well, we normally don't have too many bad guys showing up in town, much less dead ones. I think the last time someone not of this community died in town, we buried them outside of the limits in the hills. But this...dark Elf...well, I'm for hanging him in a tree and letting the ravens at him. We'll figure it out. You guys head on inside where it's warm and eat your fill. It's on me."
The constable turns to go and then wheels back around. "And no, Bentley, I didn't say drink your fill. Just eat it."
Brother Bentley grins and accepts Raz's hand of help, along with the promise of a fresh drink.

Back inside the Swinging Sword, breakfast is served up right! Biscuits with gravy, plenty of eggs and ham and potatoes, a wheel of cheese for carving and whatever you wish to drink. Jhandlatha is sipping a steaming mug of coffee, a potent and dark brew imported all the way from the jungles of Chult!
As you tuck under, townsfolk begin to come in, having heard about the events of the night before (and this morning's craziness), eager to see these companions who vanquished demons and denizens of the Underdark for themselves. Questions are politely asked, such as, where are you going from here? What about the mines? Is there going to be an invasion? Do you think the weather will break soon? And so forth and so on.

After several minutes, Jhandlatha pulls up a chair near your tables and says, "You have a place to stay here as long as you like. I will make sure the word gets out that you are on official business for the town of Red Larch, should you be questioned when you arrive in other towns and places." She discreetly puts her hand on the table, palm down, and when she removes it, there is a small necklace holding a piece of quartz. "Should you find yourselves in dire circumstances and need assistance, crush the quartz, and you shall have it."
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Thank you Jhandlatha, we appreciate your aid. We may need help, the Dark Elves are the worst of the worst in myths and legends, which unfortunately is all we have to go on."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by gurusql »

Mag

"I suppose we should head to the mines, after breakfast." says Mag as he digs into the food.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Yes a good idea Mag."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin smiles at Jhandlatha and thanks her "You are a good soul Jhandlatha, thank you and again sorry for the disturbance being here in your place of business." listening to the others he agrees "The mines is probably out best course."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by tarlyn »

Kol

Kol hisses at the mention of the weird quartz and what it does, making a sign against the devil.

She soon forgets it and eats more than one portion of food! Belching rather profusely, she pats her stomach.

"If we go to mines, we fight more demons or dark elves? I like!", exclaims the big Barbarian.

"More battle, more fun." At this she smiles and wiggles her eyebrows.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#171 Post by Darithe »

Stepping out from the shadows since the warriors made quick work of the beasts. She spits on the corpse of the dead drow and returns to the inn retaking her seat at the table.

GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin adding to the comment about the mines being the best next course "I suppose we should look for Jarth and see about getting into his mines to clear it so he can get his workers back in them. I'm sure he would be very appreciative of it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Yeah, any more info we could get from him, maybe a map of the mines/quarry would be helpful."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by hedgeknight »

After a good breakfast and some general plans, Constable Harburk and Jarth Oneshield enter the inn and walk over to the tables where the companions are resting their stomachs.
"To the mines, eh?" Jarth says, direct and to the point. "I'll lead ya there, meself. Are we ready?" he glances around the tables to see who all is coming along.

Who is carrying the crystal given by Jhandlatha?
Winter is coming...

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Razillin doesn't grab the crystal "I think one of the arcane types might benefit from carrying that crystal. But if nobody takes it I'll be the bearer of it if need be." he says to the others of the group before Jarth and the Constable show up. After Jarth asks the gnome stands up. "I'm ready, to go and I think we all are coming Jarth."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rex »

Moan

"I agree Razillin, I am not the best suited to carrying it either. Cu and I can take point outdoors. We are probably not the best choice indoors or underground though."

Moan leads the way with Cu free to roam around him.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#177 Post by tarlyn »

Kol

Kol stays away from whomever is carrying the Devil's Gem but is eager to kill snakemen!

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by gurusql »

Mag

"I guess that would be me" says Mag as he stands from the table, raises his hand and takes the crystal, and if there are no objections he places it in his pouch.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rex »

Moan

"Thanks Mag."

GreyWolfVT

#180 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Raz smiles and nods "Thanks Mag. Now that we covered that, are we all going with Jarth to the mines or does anyone want to stay back and investigate things here in town or on the road?" the gnome asks feeling as if he somehow stepped into a leadership role he was never intending to take on. He looks to everyone in the group.

Return to “Forgotten Realms: Adventures in the North (1e)”