Action Thread #7 - The Other Side of the Mountains

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread #7 - The Other Side of the Mountains

#121 Post by Stonjuz »

"On second thought, making this place into a resort cant be such a good idear aft' all.
Everybody's broke! Like the kinsmen traders would always say....'Location, Location, Location'."

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#122 Post by Sir Clarence »

"This place is truly deserted. Let's leave it to the crows again and take the other tunnel."

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#123 Post by zebediah »

Vargr1105 wrote:Day 4 - Afternoon - Eastern Platform/The Tower

(...) gazing into the chest it does appear to be empty.
Ogirdor will have a closer look at the chest, if it is indeed empty and with no indication of hidden compartments he will support Andrin's suggestion to leave the place.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by onlyme »

Malone will look around, though he has never been that good at such a task. If nothing is found by any of them, he will shuffle out with the rest.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Ooc: is there a way to get onto whatever roof is left from in here? I'm assuming the ravens lived up there? I wonder if ravens have treasure? Nice shiny objects? Nice shiny robes of invisibility??!

"Where are the ravens nests? They sure were defending SOMETHING..." Ozborn says, glancing at Slilbosh's eye.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Thurinor steps into the room and looks out each window in turn, hoping to orient himself better to the landscape. Then he turns his attention to looking for secret panels like the one found below. "Now don't fall into a pit to the pit beneath the pit," he says, smiling, and carefully avoids the section of floor he deems to be directly above the pit trap Oz triggered below.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#127 Post by zebediah »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Ooc: is there a way to get onto whatever roof is left from in here? I'm assuming the ravens lived up there? I wonder if ravens have treasure? Nice shiny objects? Nice shiny robes of invisibility??!

"Where are the ravens nests? They sure were defending SOMETHING..." Ozborn says, glancing at Slilbosh's eye.
There were several nests on the stairway and on those I found nothing but eggs. I'd rather not mess with those eye-beaking birds again, at least not without good reason.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh too keeps an eye (literally!) out of the window for the pesky ravens.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by ChubbyPixie »

zebediah wrote:
ChubbyPixie wrote:Ooc: is there a way to get onto whatever roof is left from in here? I'm assuming the ravens lived up there? I wonder if ravens have treasure? Nice shiny objects? Nice shiny robes of invisibility??!

There were several nests on the stairway and on those I found nothing but eggs. I'd rather not mess with those eye-beaking birds again, at least not without good reason.
Ooc: Whoops. Sorry, missed this somehow... Were there any Robes of Invisibility inside the eggs?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 4 - Afternoon - Eastern Platform/The Tower

Checking the open chest Ogirdor determines it is a bit wobbly, as if something was underneath it. Investigating further he discovers a small leather pouch placed under the chest. It contains a pair of gold earrings, a tiger eye stone and a hematite stone on a silver chain.

Thurinor and Malone take a look about to see if any hidden compartments or passages are found; to no avail.

Ozborn sees no ladder or stairs leading to where the walls end, but a thief might be able to scale them to see what is up there.

As for the window slits, the northern one faces the mountain cliffs, the southern one provides a view of the patio platform below; the eastern window shows the mountains descending to the plains and the winding serpent river.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by onlyme »

Malone sees nothing of note, but does eventually catch on to Ozborn's staring at the loft-like area above the wall. But, he knows he wouldn't be nimble enough to climb that, unaided. He speaks
Looks like up in the new out. Anyone want to check it out?

Edit to adjust language to reflect no ladder present...
Last edited by onlyme on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by Stonjuz »

"Ogirdor. Did you say Tiger Eye? May I see it? Perhaps a component? Boccob surely has plans for such an item.
Could get me in good grace with the mages patrolling the halls of the library back home."

If allowed to study (and pocket) the Tiger Eye, he will add, "Grace of the Cat? No. That isn't what we call it. I dunno. Maybe not. It doesnt appear of 'nuff value to be enchanted later on. Crushed into Powdered Tiger Eye, maybe? Nope. Let me think about it fer awhilst."
Stonjuz gives the last of his lettuce to the turtle, Now aged a week or so, he picks off the best parts and discards the rest.
Seeing the fresh foods wither so, he asks , "How long we been out here now?"

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by ragnboneshopper »

"Hematite on silver, an odd combination, wouldn't you think, Ston?" Thurinor checks these newfound items of jewelry for magical auras, just in case he missed their glow from underneath the chest. "Yes, I'm afraid this foray was nearly a bust, dear friends," and he pats Swilbosh's shoulder sympathetically.

OOC: It does indeed seem like back down the other tunnel is the thing to do...

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm just dying to find out what's up there... Lemme just take a quick peek." Ozborn gestures to the remaining roof. He'll see if he can use any objects He'll accept Malone's offer of help to boost himself high enough to climb and get a look over the edge.

Climb walls (85) [1d100] = 64

Whoops, posting in a hurry from my phone was a fail.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by saalaria »

Swil readies himself for the ravens to return when the thief pops up on the roof

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#136 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Seeing his companions' curiosity outmatching his own, Thurinor smiles: "Surely I have been whisked away to the company of crazy men! So short-lived and yet so reckless!" Clearly delighted, the elf knocks an arrow to his bow and takes position at one of the other windows to watch for crows or other flying menaces.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by Stonjuz »

ragnboneshopper wrote:"Hematite on silver, an odd combination, wouldn't you think, Ston?" Thurinor checks these newfound items of jewelry for magical auras, just in case he missed their glow .....
"Well, if it aint magical, just melt down the silver and gold. The Hematite isnt much fer eye candy. Matter of taste I suppose. Yes, odd in combo. I think we should rest and get a bite to eat before stumbling in further, on empty stomachs."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by onlyme »

Malone doesnt pay attention to the jewely conversations until...Gold? That's right. We might as well profit off this adventure. He walks under the wall where the thief is climbing, just in case his help is needed.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by Vargr1105 »

Day 4 - Afternoon - Eastern Platform/The Tower

With help from his companions Ozborn easily climbs up the wall. Its top is wide enough for a full-grown man to balance afoot with ease. There is nothing of interest along the walls that once held the roof, except a few bird nests of considerable size that are empty. Of ravens, large or small, there is no sign.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#140 Post by zebediah »

I think we have exhausted the possibilities here, let us move back and try the other tunnel.

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”