Character Generation

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: [001] The Adventure Starts

#101 Post by ffilz »

jemmus wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:00 am Could Kiyoshi buy another quiver and full load of arrows to load onto the horse? I'm not sure if he does have a horse, but it looks like he does. If not, another full quiver that he'll pack, and maybe stash somewhere before entering combat-likely places, if the encumbrance is high. Otherwise the sheet looks good.
Quiver and extra arrows purchased and added. Yes, you have a horse. I'm being generous to the bushi...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation

#102 Post by Starbeard »

I'll try to get my equipment purchases/requests in when I can this weekend, & post in the game thread as well.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by jemmus »

Could Kiyoshi get a flint and steel? (From another of our games, I'm seeing the usefulness of those. :) ) Otherwise, the equipment looks good and ready to travel.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by ffilz »

jemmus wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:44 pm Could Kiyoshi get a flint and steel? (From another of our games, I'm seeing the usefulness of those. :) ) Otherwise, the equipment looks good and ready to travel.
Already on the finances sheet.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Starbeard »

I've having trouble finding the answer: are we using Bushido money? Gold to silver is 1:12, and silver to copper is 1:30?

Sorry that I'm just eyeballing this, I'm not sure what the conversions are or exactly which equipment to select for each thing.

I think you said upthread that samurai already get good quality daisho. Ezo will complete the set with a quality tanto (dagger at -18s, if I'm reading that correctly).
He probably has a spear and armor at home, but wouldn't be traveling with it, so we'll leave that out.
He definitely needs a bow and a full quiver. We'll say the hankyu half-bow… which type would that translate to?
An adventurer's kit (-5s), some rope (-5s), a lantern (-20s), and 12 hours of oil (-6s) would be packed away on the horse.

Other than that, I think the stuff he already has seems fine. He would keep the rest of his money carefully tucked away in a couple of inro belt boxes and his porter's trunk.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:24 am I've having trouble finding the answer: are we using Bushido money? Gold to silver is 1:12, and silver to copper is 1:30?
Yes and the finances table does the conversions for you.
Sorry that I'm just eyeballing this, I'm not sure what the conversions are or exactly which equipment to select for each thing.

I think you said upthread that samurai already get good quality daisho. Ezo will complete the set with a quality tanto (dagger at -18s, if I'm reading that correctly).
For weapon prices, you need the Cold Iron tables. A quality tanto is 75 silver, 150 silver if you want it to also be quality for throwing.

Yes, your dai-sho and arrows from inheritance are quality (I just made your arrows quality, also did that for Jemmus's PC).
He probably has a spear and armor at home, but wouldn't be traveling with it, so we'll leave that out.
He definitely needs a bow and a full quiver. We'll say the hankyu half-bow… which type would that translate to?
with 18 STR and 3rd level bow skill, you can use either 3-man Han-Kyu (damage is 1d6 [+2 vs armor]) or 2-man Dai-Kyu (1d6 [+3 vs armor])
An adventurer's kit (-5s), some rope (-5s), a lantern (-20s), and 12 hours of oil (-6s) would be packed away on the horse.

Other than that, I think the stuff he already has seems fine. He would keep the rest of his money carefully tucked away in a couple of inro belt boxes and his porter's trunk.
I'll have to price out inro... Land of the Rising Sun probably has a price...

How much rope?

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Starbeard »

So I was doing it wrong, looking at the Cold Iron document equipment list, rather than the Cold Iron Samurai document and Bushido.

ffilz wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:11 am For weapon prices, you need the Cold Iron tables. A quality tanto is 75 silver, 150 silver if you want it to also be quality for throwing.
Could you help me interpret these tables? I don't think I'm reading them correctly.

In Cold Iron Samurai Adventures I'm seeing this for tanto: Cost 3 silver, Qual 9 silver. (I'm assuming silver only because the core Cold Iron document says all prices are given in silver).

with 18 STR and 3rd level bow skill, you can use either 3-man Han-Kyu (damage is 1d6 [+2 vs armor]) or 2-man Dai-Kyu (1d6 [+3 vs armor])
I'll take the hankyu, so I don't have to worry quite as much about taking into to tight places. :)

How much rope?
Let's say classic 30' of hemp, if I can afford it (30 copper / 1 silver by Bushido prices)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 pm So I was doing it wrong, looking at the Cold Iron document equipment list, rather than the Cold Iron Samurai document and Bushido.

ffilz wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:11 am For weapon prices, you need the Cold Iron tables. A quality tanto is 75 silver, 150 silver if you want it to also be quality for throwing.
Could you help me interpret these tables? I don't think I'm reading them correctly.

In Cold Iron Samurai Adventures I'm seeing this for tanto: Cost 3 silver, Qual 9 silver. (I'm assuming silver only because the core Cold Iron document says all prices are given in silver).
Ah, I see the disconnect... Wrong document... That one is a working document and it has old tables in it... Pretty much ignore that document. There's a Samurai Equipment 2022 document that you should be looking at.
I'll take the hankyu, so I don't have to worry quite as much about taking into to tight places. :)

How much rope?
Let's say classic 30' of hemp, if I can afford it (30 copper / 1 silver by Bushido prices)
OK, got the bow and the rope.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:24 am I've having trouble finding the answer: are we using Bushido money? Gold to silver is 1:12, and silver to copper is 1:30?

If you want to say he was on the road looking for adventure, it would be reasonable to have his armor and yari on his horse. That's all currently on your character sheet.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by ffilz »

Somehow for Kiyoshi we left out Kyujutsu... I'm going to re-jigger your skills...

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by jemmus »

Thanks for your time for that.
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by ffilz »

jemmus wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:52 pm Thanks for your time for that.
I ended up bumping your Hawking and Heraldry from 3 down to 2. You could bump down Rhetoric instead. Or drop spear attack and parry to 1st (which would leave you 1 skill point free).

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by jemmus »

Thanks, I'll stay with bumping Hawking and Heraldry down.
PCs

Return to “Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron)”