OOC Stuff

OGRE MAGE
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Stuff

#81 Post by gurusql »

Sorry I had no idea that is what you had in mind, and if I did I frankly would have had to decline.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Quonundrum »

With the action coming to a head, I thought some OOC planning would help. Ashley and Lestadt will likely very soon hear the hue and cry. I suggest Ashley link up with Zahra, Draxon, and Luna. We need to keep tabs on Basmar and eavesdrop on that meeting under the bridge at midnight.

Lestadt's next natural action is to seek an audience with the Lord Mayor about the giant octopus. Hopefully, he can get a decent recon of the castle and its leaders ... which leads to a nocturnal infiltration with his potion of gaseous form and maybe helping Carling to escape.

Obviously, learning about orcs in the castle will just further deepen his suspicions about the Lord Mayor.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

I am heading into the woods for the weekend. Please feel free to NPC my character. I will be back Monday night. Have a great weekend everyone.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#84 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:42 pm Karloff Redgrave

Well having been asked to walk in Luna's shadow and sneak upon the Watchman,
I am terribly confused by this post.

Can you explain please?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Spearmint »

It was when we left the house, the suggestion was to accompany Luna
She turns to Redgrave. "I really hope you weren't followed here. Am I right in assuming that you were the dwarf that was a zoo?" She chuckles at the imagery. "You could come on the flank with me, 20 feet behind or so. Hopefully, he'll pay more attention to you, allowing me to get closer."
So he walked close by until she and Draxon decided to cross.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I think there was a misunderstanding of the situation. I only meant for the group to try to flank the watcher, having Redgrave and Luna off the path, Redgrave trailing in case he wasn't as sneaky as the druid in brush.

I haven't gone back to check, but I thought that the watcher was walking along the lake, to the south, not back into town. So she suggested following him. She was even going to cast entangle on him once close enough and again, assuming that we weren't in town.

Once the situation description was 'in town', I just went with it rather than try to retcon anything.

**So, I just checked. The plan to flank and engage him was made *before* we knew he was moving back to town. Luna sets out to follow the watcher but did not change the plan. In the next update, we are told that many townsfolk are uncomfortable with Redgrave entering town again. Redgrave starts running to catch him while Luna suggests backing off and for Redgrave to go into hiding. With the next update, the watcher spots Redgrave.

I had Luna reassess when we were warned about the dangers, but she didn't forcibly stop Redgrave from continuing.

I did not intend for Redgave to have trouble brought down upon him, and I'm sorry if I contributed to that.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Quonundrum »

It's forcing the assassin's to react though, which has already yielded fruit. So there's that.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Okay, maybe I didn't go back far enough to see that part.

I just wanted to make sure I am not missing things in the text as we go along.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#89 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hi everyone!

It's the most wonderful time of the year again....... (well, for live TTRPG players that is)

https://www.gameholecon.com

I will be offline for a few days while I overindulge in gaming goodness in Madison Wisconsin for the best 4 days of gaming around.

Though I will still likely check in periodically, I wont be making any big updates until I return. I should be back to normal posting by Monday or Tuesday.

Please use this time to tie up any loose ends or RP out your future plans to your hearts content while I am away.

Thanks!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by dmw71 »

Have fun, man!

To date, the only con I've ever attended was still Gamehole Con 2019, but I'd definitely like to get back to one again soon. Just not this year soon.

I don't think. :lol:
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

I am heading back into the woods for the weekend. I will be back Sunday night. Please feel free to NPC my character. Have a great weekend everyone.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

I am heading back into the woods for the weekend. I will be back Sunday night or possibly Monday night. Please feel free to NPC my character. Have a great weekend everyone.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#93 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As already mentioned elsewhere, I will be leaving soon for our annual Fall vacation to the Caribbean.

I will try to keep up as best I can with this game, but I don't know how good our internet service will be at a few places, so if I am away from the game for a few days, you will know why.

Thanks!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 pm I will be leaving soon for our annual Fall vacation to the Caribbean.
Nice! Have a great time.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#95 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dave has reluctantly had to drop out of the game, so I will NPC Ashley for the time being.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Monsieur Rose »

It's been a long few days so I will use that as an excuse for my denseness. What is the significance of OM clearly mentioning the time of day? Twice. :oops:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Rex »

I suspect we are on a timer of some sort but not 100% sure. For example: at noon of day 2 this will happen unless the PC's have stopped it or something like that.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#98 Post by OGRE MAGE »

This one wasn't a hint.

It was to correct a player who insinuated the incorrect time of day.

I put that info at the top of every post for a reason folks. :lol:

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Quonundrum »

To clarify, Lestadt is not ordering Red to leave, rather he will not risk access to the castle by helping him in a public confrontation with the guards.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Spearmint »

The action heats up ... :roll:

Return to “L2 The Assassin’s Knot (1e)”