OOC Stuff

OGRE MAGE
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC Stuff

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Quonundrum wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:46 pmSo, maybe Zahra and Draxon meet Luna, Redgrave and Ledstadt visit the theatre, and the others recon the inn?
I’m good with this.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by gurusql »

It works for Draxon

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by tarlyn »

Ditto for Zap
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:43 pm A pair of common men are seen entering as you approach, ignoring the lone, disheveled looking young man who sits outside, crouched on the ground near the front entrance. When the young man spots the two of you in the distance, he looks around nervously before waving you towards him. “Come! Come closer! I won’t bite you! Come talk with Priska!”
Are the pair of men and the young man... at the entrance of town? At the entrance of 'The House Of Abraham'?
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

At the front entrance of 'The House Of Abraham'.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:23 pm Ashley 31/31 has no AC, or possessions for that matter
Apologies. This is done.
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

So how is this going for everyone so far?

Is the format easy enough to follow?

I know the updates are a bit long, but that might be the case until everyone is reunited again.

Any questions or comments about anything we have done so far?

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Quonundrum »

No problems at all with the format or length.

Only one question.

Who's the murderer? :D

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Bluetongue »

No it is fine, I follow everything easy enough.

I wonder though if we are going to spend several days repeatedly visiting the same locations it might be worth separating them into a subforum, you know how Spearmint did for his Helix village in Barrowmaze. So that way you can conduct simultaneous investigations in multiple locations and have a continually updated Clock thread so you note who is where at what time.

Just a thought.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Quonundrum wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:02 pmWho's the murderer? :D
I thought you already said it was Pelltar?
Bluetongue wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:34 pm I wonder though if we are going to spend several days repeatedly visiting the same locations it might be worth separating them into a subforum, you know how Spearmint did for his Helix village in Barrowmaze. So that way you can conduct simultaneous investigations in multiple locations and have a continually updated Clock thread so you note who is where at what time.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't really foresee that being necessary in this game.

In fact, I am going to do everything in my power to prevent you from spending several days revisiting the same places. :lol:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm Is the format easy enough to follow?
I will admit, the other week I was going to suggest that the three different groups -- not necessarily the locations they're visiting -- each have their own topics, to consolidate/isolate their progress.

As a player, I have deliberately been avoiding everything that has been going on with the other two groups and it makes it tricky when the responses I do need to pay attention to and be on alert for are mixed in with updates I'm deliberately attempting to avoid.

Honestly, you clearly bear the brunt of the work having to sort through everything, so if you can make it work, I can.

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:37 pm
dmw71 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:28 pm Intelligence (12) check: [1d20]=20 -- not sure if this is good or bad?
On a normal d20 ability check in 1E, you want to roll your attribute score or lower to succeed. (Think of it as the higher your skill is, the easier the roll should be.)
Well, shit. Way to waste a perfectly good natural 20. Lol :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Quonundrum »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:01 pm
Quonundrum wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:02 pmWho's the murderer? :D
I thought you already said it was Pelltar?
I didn't lock it in as my final answer, though. I'm using my call a friend lifeline.

Hello, friend! :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

dmw71 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:33 pm As a player, I have deliberately been avoiding everything that has been going on with the other two groups...
I realize that everyone has their own way of doing things in these games, but.....

Why would you do this? (because you weren't there at the time?)

Are you not interested in working this out as a team?

Is anyone else doing this?

Do you think another player is going to detail every prior moment of their characters actions for the other players once you meet up again? Because I can assure you from my past experiences, that wont happen.

Do you expect the DM to go back and detail everything for each situation that the other groups were doing once you are united again?

Because that is a burden I have no interest in taking on. Imagine the size of the updates if I need to do this three times for each group.

I would sure think that we could simply assume that each group is going to tell the other groups what they did when the others weren't present.

So, I am going to STRONGLY suggest that each player reads EVERYTHING posted.

If you don't want to do that, I cant stop you. But I assure you that you will be pretty much lost this entire game, as important details are sure to slip through the cracks along the way.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:52 pm
dmw71 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:33 pm As a player, I have deliberately been avoiding everything that has been going on with the other two groups...
Why would you do this? (because you weren't there at the time?)
This.

I have been operating under the assumption that, when the groups meet up, the highlights/details of their respective missions will be shared.

I understand -- and accept -- that some information may get lost, but that's how it actually would be.

Even in an investigation scenario, as a player, I would rather not be aware of details my character wouldn't know (e.g. it happened, but wasn't shared) than operate and form opinions/guesses with the benefit of information my character wouldn't know because they weren't there, and it wasn't shared with them.
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:52 pmSo, I am going to STRONGLY suggest that each player reads EVERYTHING posted.

If you don't want to do that, I cant stop you. But I assure you that you will be pretty much lost this entire game, as important details are sure to slip through the cracks along the way.
Just based on the volume of updates I've already ignored, the pace and progress I've missed have been significant.

I might be in trouble for this game. :(
-- Project --
-- DM --

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Quonundrum »

I'll try to have Lestadt periodically recap the major things we discover. I'm actually accustomed to doing that in OM's BSI game, where multiple groups on independent missions are the norm.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I better ask this again then….

Is anyone else not reading all of the DM updates?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by gurusql »

I have been reading all

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

I have been following along with everyone, weather I put it all together correctly is another story. I think it is going fine.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

dmw71 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:29 pm I understand -- and accept -- that some information may get lost, but that's how it actually would be.

Even in an investigation scenario, as a player, I would rather not be aware of details my character wouldn't know (e.g. it happened, but wasn't shared) than operate and form opinions/guesses with the benefit of information my character wouldn't know because they weren't there, and it wasn't shared with them.
I have been thinking about this a lot...... Probably because I have never had a player tell me they aren't concerned about missing clues or getting bad information in a game before.

I have never played an RPG (or any other game) where my character wasn't an absolute sponge, trying to suck in any and all the information one could. I guess I mistakenly assumed that is how everyone plays these games.

Out of curiosity, if I may ask...... How does this style of play actually work when you are sitting around the table playing with friends in a face to face setting? Does everyone keep their ears plugged unless the DM points at them anytime the group splits up? Or is the DM constantly taking players aside for private conversations?

Though the concept might seem foreign to me at the moment, I am always willing to learn something new.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Monsieur Rose »

If I can chime in here. :D

The times that I had to either give or receive private information at a table we either walked into another room for something that would take a minute or two, or passed notes. Playing Paranoia with notes can be quite entertaining. I think it's really dependent on the atmosphere of the game you're in. A mystery-type game, with betrayal possibilities, wouldn't work as well with all cards face up. I can also see the benefit of running a CoC game like that, removing people from the room at key moments to build the tension.

It really depends on how much value is added by slowing things down at times. Building tension and suspense can be quite rewarding, but not usually in the middle of heated combat.

Return to “L2 The Assassin’s Knot (1e)”