Chapter I: Volokarnos

Lance
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter I: Volokarnos

#201 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

Goes back to check on the Obelisk room with Fairfax. I can just imagine a wandering party coming in behind us and locking us in the passage.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Rex »

Nym

Nym will use the burning oil to light her torch and then use it on the slime.

Torch [1d20]=11 to hit

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#203 Post by Lance »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:04 am Nym

Nym will use the burning oil to light her torch and then use it on the slime.

Torch [1d20]=11 to hit
With a vengeful strike from the torch of Nym, the green slime stops moving and liquefies into a bubbling puddle.
Bluetongue wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:37 pm Fairfax

Not wanting to be caught unawares by patrolling orcs, the halfling goes back to the Obelisk room while folk deal with the slime and complete the search of the font hallway.
Spearmint wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:53 pm Rooney

Goes back to check on the Obelisk room with Fairfax. I can just imagine a wandering party coming in behind us and locking us in the passage.
Rooney and Fairfax don't get even as far as the ornate door when the creature is struck down.

Cutting this short so you can make some new choices before the weekend. :) I'll be intermittent in the next 4 days as there is a national holiday.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

I mentioned before about taking a wineskin of the water which seems to rust metal that it touches. So I will collect one of those from the font.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Rex »

Nym

Nym will see what of her gear she can recover and salvage.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Urson »

Harlan
Basalt avoids the slime, and any smoke rising from it. No way to know what might be in that smoke.
Lance: is there still green slime on the eagle fountain?

We dwarves are tough bastards. I'll do some sampling. He collects a little water from the arguing men fountain, and takes a cautious sip. He'll wait at least 5 minutes before he does anything else.
FA FO

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#207 Post by Bluetongue »

Fairfax

Keeps a look out for Orcsies and critters in the corridor while the group investigate the fonts.

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#208 Post by doppelganger »

Weezel
Weezel will dip a goblet into the font with the twin legionnaires. He waits to watch what happens with Harlan before he makes up his mind about whether to hazard a sip.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#209 Post by Lance »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:07 pm Rooney

I mentioned before about taking a wineskin of the water which seems to rust metal that it touches. So I will collect one of those from the font.
It doesn't actually rust metal, only taints it slightly red temporarily, to be clear.
Rex wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:57 pm Nym

Nym will see what of her gear she can recover and salvage.
No clothes or armor survived the assault, their remnants going up in smoke as you look on. The rest of your equipment is undamaged.
Urson wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:01 pm Harlan
Basalt avoids the slime, and any smoke rising from it. No way to know what might be in that smoke.
Lance: is there still green slime on the eagle fountain?
No, the slime was a single entity, now dead, nothing remains.
We dwarves are tough bastards. I'll do some sampling. He collects a little water from the arguing men fountain, and takes a cautious sip. He'll wait at least 5 minutes before he does anything else.
You bravely take a drink from the fountain, but you notice no physical effects for now.
doppelganger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:39 am Weezel
Weezel will dip a goblet into the font with the twin legionnaires. He waits to watch what happens with Harlan before he makes up his mind about whether to hazard a sip.
You carefully fill a goblet with the incredibly hot water of the fountain. You hold off on taking a sip, and your patience pays off as the goblet melts in your hand, leaving your hand and the floor underneath wet but unharmed.

THIS is the one that corrodes metal, fill your wineskin with this one! :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Rex »

Nym

Sheet updated. Added Cloak and deleted clothing and armor.

Is she now AC 10 or 9?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#211 Post by Lance »

Rex wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:24 pm Nym

Sheet updated. Added Cloak and deleted clothing and armor.

Is she now AC 10 or 9?
Unarmored AC is 9 in LL

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by Rex »

Nym

Thanks, with her Dex bonus she will be 8 then.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Spearmint »

Rooney

Takes a hot water filled wineskin. If it stays hot he can at least cuddle it in his bedroll at night.

"Okay. Where to next?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Urson »

Harlan
Whatta you mean, next? We ain't done here, yet.
FA FO

doppelganger
Guide
Guide

#215 Post by doppelganger »

Weezel
Having a rare spark of intelligence, Weezel thinks to fill his waterskin with the hot water from the twin legionnaires' font. He drinks the normal water he came with, dumps out what he can't drink, and then carefully dips the empty waterskin into the font to fill it up.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Spearmint »

A total of 8 fonts, each topped by a statue depicting some scene or figure are lined up before you. On the eastern end of the room a muddy pit with smashed bits of statuary and rubble piles can be seen, overgrown with big leafy plants despite the lack of light.

Crumbling statue of a unicorn; it's water clear

Arguing men, water flows from decapitated neck stumps; it's water sparkling

Hunting dog trying to escape a net; it's water reddish

Eagle, covered in clumps of slime; it's water trickling, sulphurous

Twin legionnaires holding cauldron; it's water plentiful, sulphurous, steaming

Muscleman struggling with giant centipedes crawling over his body; it's water surrounded by crystal deposits

Mage pouring water on enthroned monarch’s feet, painted with red “X” sign; it's water clear

Barbarian in loincloth; it's water sizzling hot, sparkling

Muddy pit
doppelganger wrote: ↑He walks up to font "e", interested in the military theme of the statue, and holds a hand an inch or two above the water. Would it be too hot to touch?

It is very hot, I seems touching it for more than a moment would probably scald you.

Urson wrote: ↑He only pauses to examine the bronze drinking vessels- are they remarkable in terms of workmanship?

There are a dozen of them, each lovingly carved with depictions of people either drinking or pouring water from jugs. They are quite old and developed a patina in the humid environment, but might be valuable.

Rex wrote: ↑Nym

Nym will try testing each fountains water with the end of one of her arrows to see if anything happens to it. When she inspects the water closer does he notice anything else?

Nym takes an arrow and holds it under each fountain in sequence. First, the unicorn, who's waters do not affect the arrow. Second, the decapitated, arguing men, their font likewise have no effect. The hunting dog third, it's water leaving no mark, but a slight reddish tint on the tip. As Nym holds her arrow under the font of the Eagle, she is shocked to discover that the green slime covering the statue suddenly moves, enveloping her! The creature starts digesting her clothes and armor, filling the room with an acidic smell!

Rooney crowbars some of the crystal deposits away from the muscleman font. The statue image suggests either getting a creepy itching feeling or the water holds some resistance to bug paralysis type poison effects.

"It would be no surprise to find those big leafy greens are some jungle carnivore type, saw-fronds waiting to snare the unwary." he says suggesting a few test arrows into the stalks might prove so or otherwise.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Zhym »

Burkus stands on guard near the door while the others play in the pools. He knows better than to mess with strange waters—at least, so he thinks.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Finethorn joins him.
Death by green blob was bad enough...swallowing untested magics is another.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#219 Post by Bluetongue »

Fairfax

I don't mind firing a couple of arrows of into the leafy plants to see if it provokes any response from an angry shrub or a hiding creature.

do you want rolls for this?

Fairfax looses arrow [1d20+4]=7+4=11 [1d6]=1Fairfax looses arrow [1d20+4]=3+4=7 [1d6]=6Fairfax looses arrow [1d20+4]=12+4=16 [1d6]=3

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#220 Post by ffilz »

Hondo will keep watch as the fonts are explored, he will make sure his lantern doesn't run out of oil (hmm, can you refill a lit lantern?).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “Exploring Erillion (LL)”