Barrowmoor: Fapp and the Call of the Wild.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Barrowmoor: Fapp and the Call of the Wild.

#61 Post by tarlyn »

Initiative [1d6]=2

If I am faster Ill try to snipe them if not I'll slide down and melee

Hoping at least to get some advantage for surprise? LOL
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Spearmint »

You lost surprise trying to take them out.

Kobolds initiative [1d6]=4

The one kobold carrying a water jar drops hers and begins to run away, the second one quickly follows. Losing initiative means they want to disengage and retreat, your hope is either to shoot them in the back as they run or carry on over the ridge to the ravine knowing your sneaking in undetected has been blown.

actions and rolls

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by tarlyn »

1st arrow [1d20]=3 Dmg [1d6]=6 2nd Arrow [1d20]=9 Dmg [1d6]=3

So much for that! OK he'll attempt to Tarzan his way down .... :shock:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Spearmint »

Firing both arrows that miss the fleeing kobolds, not even getting close to clip their ankles.

You realise they will run faster than you can slide down the incline and chase them. It will take a few rounds for them to sound an alarm, moments you could better use to gain a height advantage over the ravine top unless you definitely want to proceed down and pass the guard boulder and into the ravine mouth.

determine direction and actions and I will adjudicate how the kobolds react.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by tarlyn »

OKay staying up top to keep my advantage!

Depending on how many exit it is either going to be arrows or oil and fire

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp, with time of the essence, knowing the fleeing kobolds will sound an alarm, you rue your inability to loose arrows effectively.

You have to climb further up and around but finally find a ledge which looking below is above the few cave mouths set into the ravine wall. Your arrival in position is about the same time as the two female kobolds come running up the ravine and barking loudly, sound a warning that they were attacked.

A few other koboldess' gather around to comfort them, younglings bark too and run in excited circles. One or two of the braver pups clutch javelins to throw at any shadows which move. After a moment, Old Bone-Crutch hobbles along with a trio of warriors and he despatches them to search in the area after taking the warning report.

You can see there is a kind of 'action plan' being initiated as the females gathers the young to herd them to the safety of hovels.

It is then you see below you a number of kobolds exiting the community cave. Beadbraid is among them and he signals behind into the cave, waving for someone to follow.

actions pleae

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by tarlyn »

2 shots @ Beadbraid puh-leeze!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Spearmint »

Shoot and giveaway your location ...

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by tarlyn »

Waiting in silence, arrow knocked and ready, another ready to be knocked and shot as well.....

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Spearmint »

While you pinpoint Beadbraid, Old Bone-Crutch goes with one warrior to retrieve the body of the kobold guard, the other two run down the ravine and at your best guess, will probably climb up the ravine behind you in a few moments.

loose your arrows when ready.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#71 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

1st Arrow [1d20]=8 Dmg [1d6]=4

2nd Arrow [1d20]=15 Dmg [1d6]=3

Fapp fires off two arrows at Beadbraid!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp looses a volley of arrows. He has few left and needs to make every one count. Then he has javelins and the sharp end of an axe.

His first arrow plinks off the rocks and catches the attention of the few kobold warriors below. Beadbraid looks up, "There, up on the ledggggg urgh!" he barks as a shaft penetrates his eye and barb's his brain. He falls dead.

Before you can gloat in your success, a trio of kobolds begin climbing the rock face below you. They throw a javelin each but the shafts clatter harmlessly short of your position. They will have to climb higher to have a chance to get within a decent range.

Meanwhile, walking out of the cave and over the body of the dead kobold is Chewwie. Upon his back, sitting upon the saddle and holding a long lance, a little pennon fluttering on the spearhead is Bigdog. He looks up, waving his warriors to get at you while he spurs the warg into a few aggressive leaps. You can see Chewwie is muzzled and bears a few scars from a recent whipping.

Kobolds : Rock, Paper, Scissors throw javelins [1d20-5]=10-5=5[1d6]=3[1d20-5]=2-5=-3[1d6]=5[1d20-5]=4-5=-1[1d6]=2

the ravine is 150'ft high, the cavern and Big-dog about 100'ft below. Shoot at him and miss risk hitting the warg.

The kobolds will be assaulting you from two sides, those climbing up slowly and those who may arrive to melee in a few rounds.

So choose a target carefully.

actions please.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Eyes narrowing when he spies Chewie's condition and muzzle, not counting the fact he is pretty angry at this point in time.

Retrieving two Valeran arrows , he knocks one and lines up Bigdog.

Taking a deep breath and offering up a kind thought to the lady of the Forest to guide his arrow true and not hit Chewie, he lets loose!

Memory serves they have +1 to hit and +1 dmg?

Arrows on Bigdog [1d20+1]=20+1=21 Dmg [1d6+1]=4+1=5 [1d20+1]=1+1=2 Dmg [1d6+1]=1+1=2

So I believe the first one is a great hit though unsure how a 20 acts for an arrow? No double dmg, I presume?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp crits and fumbles with a volley of arrows. The first strikes the chief kobold in the throat. The shaft piercing through from side to side, he falls out of the saddle of the warg to lie spluttering his life blood upon the floor.

see House rules for Critical hit dynamics, but yes you get 6+ your rolled damage.

You second arrow, aimed to put the chief out of his misery strikes the warg in the rump. He growls from the barb, leaping and clawing the ground. He vents his pain and anger by ripping apart the kobold to scatter ribs and innards around the cavern opening.

The three kobolds climbing up see their chief slain and gutted. They hurry to get their revenge, throwing second javelins. One would hit, shafting the halfling if all hopes and dreams but for once favour and importantly sunlight shines on the ravine cliff face and that extra -1 penalty means the javelin is just an inch short of deadly accuracy.

The three, come within short range and now you must lower the odds before you get overwhelmed.

actions please.
Kobolds : Rock, Paper, Scissors throw javelins [1d20-5]=11-5=6[1d6]=1[1d20-5]=19-5=14[1d6]=5[1d20-5]=4-5=-1[1d6]=2 kobolds fight at a further -1 to hit in sunlight. So 14 hit becomes a 13 miss.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Content but knowing he is in dire straights, Fapp looses two arrows at the three coming after him.

Kobold #1 Arrow [1d20]=17 Dmg [1d6]=6 Kobold #2 [1d2]=1 Dmg [1d6]=4

Boh! I Typed 1d2 sorry]

Kobold #2 [1d20]=3 Dmg [1d6]=1

Dropping his bow now he will use the Batle Axe in close quarters unless he has time to shoot off two more before he gets attacked?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Spearmint »

Of the three kobolds, Rock gets slain with an arrow to the heart, Paper & Scissors throw their third javelins which clatter in the rocks around you. They draw daggers and run to melee.

Kobolds : Paper & Scissors [1d20]=10[1d6]=2[1d20]=8[1d6]=4

One down, two to go. Will kobold reinforcements arrive?

actions please

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp

Trying one last time he fires off two arrows!

Arrow on Paper [1d20]=1 Dmg [1d6]=2 Arrow on Scissors [1d20]=19 Dmg [1d6]=6

After his arrow misses he unsheathes his axe and faces Paper head on hoping for the best. He will try to intimidate Paper by growling and yelling at him.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Spearmint »

Fapp looses one arrow which misses, before you can nock the second the kobolds are upon you.

Kobolds : Paper & Scissors [1d20-1]=10-1=9[1d4]=1[1d20-1]=10-1=9[1d4]=3

The try to slash and stab but both miss. You drop your bow and pull out the battleaxe.

actions please

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#79 Post by tarlyn »

Fapp
The first Kobold who attempts to attack Fapp will be the target of his first axe attack!

I suppose initiative and attack roll with dmg are in order?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Spearmint »

You can add an initiative roll with your attack macro. For the previous rounds your arrow attacks preceded the kobold movement and attacks.

You can name either Paper or Scissors to attack and consider any of the barbarian urges we trialled vs Ruxx the day before if you feel you want to gain a temporary advantage.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”