Bella

"It is our rite of passage, we all go through it when we come of age."

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

July 17: (+3.9 hours)

#63 Post by atpollard »

July 17: (+3.9 hours) Belladonna, Oritran & Donnchad

Since there are a few NPCs involved, let's just invest one Turn covering all the silly 'GAME MECHANICS' bookkeeping for everyone trying to force open the manacles quietly in groups of two:
Bella & Tran (1-2)
Halfling-L
Halfling-R
Dwarf-L
Dwarf-R

Bella and Tran manage a creak on the Halflings Right manacle to match the left ... now both of the Halfling's manacles are +1 for all future attempts to open.
With help from Bella, the pair manage to break Donnchad's right hand free leaving him chained to the wall by only one hand.
Tran & Donnchad (1-5)
Dwarf-L
With his right hand free, Donnchad and Tran are able to work together to break the manacle holding his left hand ... Donnchad is free!
Tran & Donnchad (1-6)
Halfling-L
Halfling-R
Donnchad and Tran then attempt to free the Halfling. They are able to break his left manacle, but his right manacle remains firm.
(Just for completeness, Bella and Donnchad could try to break the remaining manacle ... it doesn't really make "logical" sense, but I checked anyway and the roll failed )
... the last rivet will need brute force to smash it open with the crude hammer stone and iron chisel.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: THE GAME - 01

#64 Post by shaidar »

Donnchadh

The dwarf rubs his chafed wrists "Thank you both. Let me help you free this poor fellow..." he gestures to the other halfling "...then you can all return back to the surface where it is safe. I need to find my kin. I'm a smith, hopefully I can make short work of this."

He takes the stone and chisel and tries to break the last manacle as quietly as he can.

OOC: Apologies, reposted this with a slight modification, as I misread the previous post and thought we were all free.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

July 17: (+4.0 hours)

#65 Post by atpollard »

July 17: (+4.0 hours) Belladonna, Oritran & Donnchad

Tran closed the door and stood watch. He had strong mixed feelings. It was good to be away from the stench of rotting flesh, but Tran really didn't like being alone in the dark. It was something he would need to work on if he wanted to explore THE MAZE and discover Dwarven Fire Magic Spells.

Bella had the Halfling place his manacle against the stone wall to use as an anvil. Donnchad carefully lined up the chisel to strike the rivet and avoid severing the wrist, and struck it hard with the Hammer Stone.
[CLANG] It was a perfect strike that rung through the chamber as the manacle popped open and flew in two pieces in opposite directions. The exhausted Halfling was free and stood on shaky legs hugging and thanking you all.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#66 Post by atpollard »

shaidar wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:44 pmOOC: Apologies, reposted this with a slight modification, as I misread the previous post and thought we were all free.
No problem. I mostly needed detail on how long and noisy breaking the chains would be ... attracting attention sort of thing. So the details of the game mechanics mattered in how they played out.

FYI:
There is also another TROLLKIN (humanoid) alive and chained to the wall with you. You can do nothing, I just didn't want the obvious to be missed.
In case Bella has not placed 2+2 together ... she is carrying part of the dead Dwarf's leg as rations.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by shaidar »

Ah yes, the other trollkin. Not forgotten about, just being pointedly ignored by the dwarf. :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rex »

Bella

Bella doesn't "Know" it is a dwarf leg yet.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by shaidar »

Donn

The dwarf looks a little uncomfortable with the halflings display of emotion

"Thank us when we are all safe. They took my armour and weapons, chain mail and a hammer. Have you seen them anywhere? Do you have any food?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Bella

"No armor or hammer. I took this chunk of meat from them in case we needed it. Not sure what it is as I haven't even taken it out of the bag to look it over."

She hands him the sack with the meat in it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by shaidar »

Donn

The dwarf takes the bag and opens it, reaching inside to remove the food.

His eyes go wide and he drops the meat, a dwarvish curse escapes his lips before he starts to gag.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rex »

Bella

"Are you all right, what is it?" She tries to help Donn.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by shaidar »

Donn barely manages to control his gagging and not vomit up the water he was just given.

"A foot...it's a foot!" he mutters something else in dwarven and casts a hostile look at the trollkin in the corner.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rex »

Bella

"Gross!" She almost pukes on hearing its someone foot.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

July 17: (+4.1 hours)

#75 Post by atpollard »

July 17: (+4.1 hours) Belladonna, Oritran & Donnchad

Tran headed back up the hallway at the sound of the commotion and stood watch from the intersection. Truthfully, he was happy to be closer to the group and enough light from the Bella’s small candle reached the intersection that Tran could see. That made him feel better than the total darkness near the stuck door.

From the intersection, Tran heard a strange sound from room #4. It was very soft and almost like a melodic tune from a reed instrument.

“Did you hear that?” said Tran. “It sounded like music coming from the other door. he added with the unbridled curiosity of an adolescent.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by shaidar »

Donn

The dwarf is momentarily confused by Trans comment

"Music, in this place? I don't think we should stay around any longer, just in case anyone heard the hammering. We should find the safety of my Forge."

He decides to keep hammer rock as a makeshift weapon and heads towards the door.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rex »

Bella

Bella moves towards the door as well. "Do you need a weapon, you could take my spear."

if Donn takes the spear she readies her Javelin.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by shaidar »

Donn

"Thank you lass, but my faith precludes the use of weapons that draw blood. I'll be fine with the stone for now."

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

July 17: (+4.2 hours)

#79 Post by atpollard »

July 17: (+4.2 hours) Belladonna, Oritran & Donnchad

Bella and Donn found Tran “speaking jibberish” in tune through the door to room #4. From beyond the door came a faint response that sounded like a cross between someone singing and a flute playing.

“It’s a real elf!” exclaimed Tran in excitement. “Nobody ever meets a real elf. I mean, sometimes you hear stories of people spotting one high atop a cliff of flying with giant wings, but actually talking to an elf. I am actually talking to an elf about sky magic!

Tran’s excitement suddenly changed to concern: Auréyien is injured and chained to the wall. We have to help him.”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by shaidar »

Donn

"An elf, down here? We should free them, and quickly."

He goes to examine the door to see if it's locked.

Return to “Tir tywyllwch - "Land of Darkness" (Blueholme)”