Jump To Spectra

Eris
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Jump To Spectra

#41 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:49 pm After returning the salute, Adrian brings out a pad. "Let me send you a file of our cargo, is that acceptable, but let's first go to my cabin, it has a nice table for you."

After sitting them down Adrian calls for the food, "I`ll get you caff with your food?"

"All hands play to the capitals cabin for medical exam."

"What else can I do for you."

Adrian
Joxe reports with Brent in tow.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:00 pm
ateno wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:49 pm After returning the salute, Adrian brings out a pad. "Let me send you a file of our cargo, is that acceptable, but let's first go to my cabin, it has a nice table for you."

After sitting them down Adrian calls for the food, "I`ll get you caff with your food?"

Adrian
Joxe reports with Brent in tow.
"Dr Willis needs to take a nasal swab, if you please." says the man Adrian introduced as Captain Johns.

The older woman smiles and takes swabs from her pouch, "No reason to be so formal, call me Songbird. This won't hurt a bit and this little device here will do all the work for us in a couple of minutes."

One by one you are each tested, including your passenger who has been keeping to himself, and all the tests come back clean...even very doped up Magda. :)

"That's it for me." says Songbird, "We get very few visitors here in Spectra, being out of the way, so to speak. So, where are you folks from?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Eris »

Adrian
Captain Johns takes the pad, "This is fine, but I'll need to take a walk-through of your cargo hold and insure that what is here is what it there."

"We'll do that after your generous offer of caff?" he says with a question, "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this thing you call caff."

Johns sips the steaming hot black brew and makes a face, "Oooo, so bitter! I think I will stick with Chai."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#44 Post by Magdalena »

Magda does her best to stagger into the capitals cabin and slides down the wall sitting on the floor while waiting her turn to be swabbed.

She hangs her head over the tea cup and inhales the warm vapors.

"Berm," Magda says quietly still sitting on the floor, "is not much to write home about," she shrugs, "is no one left to write home to."

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#45 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:55 pm
"Dr Willis needs to take a nasal swab, if you please." says the man Adrian introduced as Captain Johns.

The older woman smiles and takes swabs from her pouch, "No reason to be so formal, call me Songbird. This won't hurt a bit and this little device here will do all the work for us in a couple of minutes."
In full agreement with the necessity of such things, Tamaki very politely cooperates with the medical technician.

One by one you are each tested, including your passenger who has been keeping to himself, and all the tests come back clean...even very doped up Magda. :)

"That's it for me." says Songbird, "We get very few visitors here in Spectra, being out of the way, so to speak. So, where are you folks from?"
She (probably wisely, given their very unconventional jump path) defers to the others to reply.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:02 pm
Captain Johns takes the pad, "This is fine, but I'll need to take a walk-through of your cargo hold and insure that what is here is what it there."
[/quote]

"I do like Chai myself sometimes. Shall we go to the hold?"

Over his shoulder. "We came up the slow way of the CSA."

Adrian

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Hendrik comes from the bridge to get his swab.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Also: work's been crazy the last few weeks; we've both been to doctors multiple times for minor issues ; had some canine health issues, as well..all on top of feeling like crap for a month from something that's definitely not COVID bleah. All long way to say I"ve been AWOL here, and intend to try to catch up...if all of the above let me!
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

OOC: Yuck, Bruce! I think you sent it to me over the internet. :( IAC, let's try to get the game going again.

The swabs are done and each is popped into a small device that shows a flashing green light that turns solid green after a few seconds, "All done and all correct." says the doctor.

"That's my job, now did someone say they had a hot drink on offer?" he says smiling.

Down in the cargo hold the inspection is quick, "I see most of what you have is crated up and labeled for transshipment to Morvana."

"These crates contain grav vehicles?"
he points at another set, "You can probably get a good price for them here, you know. We have very little gravtics technology on Spectra. It's bleeding edge for our technology."

He frowns asking, "These crates are pretty small for grav vehicles. Are they parts?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:50 pm He frowns asking, "These crates are pretty small for grav vehicles. Are they parts?"
Don’t worry, they are recreational models, check out this video.

Adrain

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:48 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:50 pm He frowns asking, "These crates are pretty small for grav vehicles. Are they parts?"
Don’t worry, they are recreational models, check out this video.

Adrain
"Recreational?" then watches the video, "Oh, I see...that's incredible! We've got nothing anywhere close to this compact! Where did you get these?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by ateno »

We have had them in our hold for a month or so, They are made in Kurzu I think.

He changes the subject. talking about the availibity of fishing on past planets.

Darrian

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:17 am We have had them in our hold for a month or so, They are made in Kurzu I think.

He changes the subject. talking about the availibity of fishing on past planets.

Darrian
OOC: Wrong name! <g>

"Kurzu, I'll pass that along." he makes note of it and then chats about fishing with Adrian as the pair work their way back to the Common's Room.

"Well, that's all fine. You've got gravitic gear that you might sell here and a consignment of machine tools passing through to Dylan. Nothing illegal, so you're good to go."

"Here's your clearance and instructions for landing at the port in Miguel City. You're lucky with your timing of arrival as tomorrow is Market Day in Miguel. If you take samples of your wares out to the market and take bids, you'll get better offers, I think, than if you try shopping it around privately. However, don't be surprised if the government wants some of that gravitics gear you've got, just to study and try to reverse engineer it."
you are told, before the two locals leave the ship and go back to their own.

The rest of the flight in to Spectra goes smoothly and following the instructions given you come in to land. As you were coming down you observed that Miguel City is a large sprawling metropolis that must cover a couple of hundred square miles spread out around a large protected bay on the edge of a large ocean. There are docks along the bay with a number of large ships at the quays. There is an airport a couple of miles from where you are landing with both airplanes and airships landing and taking off. The starport is small and somewhat isolated, though, and occupies a flat area next to a bay and a distance from the built up areas.

You land on a round area of tarmac with connecting roads to other round areas, warehouses, and a variety of buildings all enclosed in a high chain link fence topped with barbed wire. Two of the other landing circles have starships resting on them, each in the 200 dton size, although you don't recognize their design.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:15 pm The starport is small and somewhat isolated, though, and occupies a flat area next to a bay and a distance from the built up areas.
"Do we have time for some shopping," Joxe asks as she takes Brent's arm. "And maybe dinner at a place where we don't have to cook?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by ateno »

Adrian reads up on market day and what they need to do to get a good spot if he can, registers and pays for same.

“So in the hold with the inspector I realized that if he read the date of sale and did math, there’s might be a parsec or so off. How are we going to deal with dates of goods people?

Adrian

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:35 pm Adrian reads up on market day and what they need to do to get a good spot if he can, registers and pays for same.

“So in the hold with the inspector I realized that if he read the date of sale and did math, there’s might be a parsec or so off. How are we going to deal with dates of goods people?

Adrian
"Claim it was an error?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Eris »

Once the ship has landed you see an open top ground vehicle (think jeep) driving from one of the buildings toward your ship. It parks outside and a pair of people get out: an older man in a uniform, a middle aged woman in a different uniform, and a third person (the driver) stays in the jeep.

The two uniformed Spectarians walk toward your ship...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by ateno »

Adrian open the external door (assuming the atno is fine) and breaths in heavily.
From a good distance away.

"Sir, Ma'am, what unit are you two with?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:58 am Adrian open the external door (assuming the atno is fine) and breaths in heavily.
From a good distance away.

"Sir, Ma'am, what unit are you two with?
The woman speaks up first, "I'm the Port Captain here. Captain Nancy Collins. This is just a curtesy call and getting your utilities feed set up for while you're here."

The man says, "Colonel Jock Higgins, "Spectra Space Navy. I understand you folks have some advanced gravitics for sale. If I can I'd like to get a look at it before you show it off at the market. I might be able to make you a better deal than you'll get tomorrow if it's something we can use."

"Permission to board?" asks the woman.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by ateno »

"Permission to board?" asks the woman.
"Of course come up to the Captians lounge."

While they arrive, I comm Joxe and let them know what I am doing.

"Captain, thank you for letting out ship land, we appriciate the service. Colonel, I would be happy to give you a personal tour and a flyer, but
I will be offering them to the open marker tomorrow. I understand that people might not be able to get money together, so if someone cannot meet
or cant get the money together, I would be willing to sell at the militarys price. If you wish to put in a order, when we know we are coming through here again, we could pick up some fo rthe military if you could give us a bonded preoffer.

Captain Adrain

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”