The Bathhouse

hedgeknight
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Bathhouse

#341 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Is fine with the distribution of treasure. Perhaps for her troubles Aurayan should receive some compensation too.

I am fine with the skeletons being dismissed as their duty is fulfilled if we have at least made a dent into the Dead Three activity under the bathhouse.

I make no objection to freeing Mortlock, trusting in his companions vouching for the man.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by hedgeknight »

Belkregos wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:40 pm tries to see what the liquids are for
red crystal vial with gold stopper, - Arcana: [1d20+3]=7+3=10
flask of a green liquid, - Arcana: [1d20+3]=20+3=23
glass vial of blue liquid - Arcana: [1d20+3]=17+3=20
Red crystal vial > unknown
Green liquid > alchemist's fire
Blue liquid > potion of healing

So...I'm assuming everyone is okay with Tommy's plan? Haven't really seen any confirmation from Ambergris or Lesh.
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Spearmint »

Sorry, I thought I was fine with the plan.

Not sure what Ambergris can commit too. He is partially motivated by Dendar whisperings and probably realises we have only just scratched the surface of the Dead Three cult activities.

He would accompany Lesh back to the Infirmary or once he can secure his loot somewhere, he might be fine with shadowing Tommy to locate Amrik.

Certainly he needs a short rest (and probably a bath).

Tell
Guide
Guide

#344 Post by Tell »

Lesh is okay with the plan...he had started out the door already.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#345 Post by Belkregos »

hearing confirmation from his companions Tommy listens to Morlock's reply and leads the way back up to the bath house
closes the doors and windows to try and prevent the "imp spies" seeing them, cleans himself and looks for a disguise for Morlock, a cloak and something to cover his face, thinks for a second brings a set of keys and shackles from his back pack then says

Molock, put these shackles on when we leave, dont close them, its just in case your family spies see you at least they think we capture you and maybe taking you to the authorities or whatever, its just for show, you can take them off yourself any time

to Lesh and Ambergris
good luck friends, hopefully we'll see each other again soon, you know where to find me

then to Auruyan
i'll catch up with you and Lupeen at the blade and stars latter, you'll be ok

waits a few minutes with Morlock and then starts to make his way to the Low Lantern

OOC:
a short rest is 1 hour, can we asume that counting and agreeing on a plan was an hour to take the short rest?
how about the coin? how much is each pile?
hedgeknight wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:48 pm Red crystal vial > unknown
Green liquid > alchemist's fire
Blue liquid > potion of healing

[/color]
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by hedgeknight »

Making Plans

Having divvied up the treasure, everyone grabs a chest (or stuffs the goods in their backpack), and with Mortlock freed, he agrees to accompany Tommy to the Low Lantern. Your group, now five strong, make it back through the bathhouse tunnels and to the stairs leading up to the baths themselves. You exit to the surprise of the girls in attendance, and get some curious looks from the patrons who are in the baths.
Tommy makes it plain he is going after Amrik...and Mortlock agrees to come with him. To Ambergris and Lesh he says, "We'll be there casing the place for a few hours if you want to circle back...or we can meet some time later at the Blade and Stars."
With a fierce hug, Aurayaun exits the bathhouse first, covered in a cowl and walking quickly up the street in the direction of the Blade and Stars. Tommy assures her he will catch up with her later.
Lesh and Ambergris leave a few minutes later...

Where is Ambergris and Lesh going? Ambergris agreed to accompany Lesh, but I still don't know what you guys are going to do. I guess I could have you wandering around for awhile, but I'd rather have a concrete, succinct answer. WHERE are you going? WHAT are you going to do? Please help me out here.

OOC: this was the item list
a bunch of copper pieces; a bunch of silver pieces, some eye agates
two red crystal vials with gold stoppers sitting on top.
porcelain dragon mask
bronze crown with five spires. Each spire is shaped and painted to resemble a dragon (black, blue, green, red and white)
three flasks of a green liquid
four glass vials of blue liquid
In the chests, according to the book, there are the following coin sums:
6900 copper
1750 silver
10 eye agates
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Has no secure home in Baldur's Gate, drifting from dockside shacks and a bunk in the Seamen's Mission.

So if the room at Willow's was still available to use, I would go there and try to store some of his plunder share.

Once I can secure that, I would be fine to join back up with Tommy and Mortlock before they try to take out this Amrik fellow.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#348 Post by Belkregos »

OOC: ok so just to close the loot thread, here's the takeaway for each
hedgeknight wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:04 pm Making Plans

Having divvied up the treasure, everyone grabs a chest (or stuffs the goods in their backpack), and with Mortlock freed, he agrees to accompany Tommy to the Low Lantern. Your group, now five strong, make it back through the bathhouse tunnels and to the stairs leading up to the baths themselves. You exit to the surprise of the girls in attendance, and get some curious looks from the patrons who are in the baths.
Tommy makes it plain he is going after Amrik...and Mortlock agrees to come with him. To Ambergris and Lesh he says, "We'll be there casing the place for a few hours if you want to circle back...or we can meet some time later at the Blade and Stars."
With a fierce hug, Aurayaun exits the bathhouse first, covered in a cowl and walking quickly up the street in the direction of the Blade and Stars. Tommy assures her he will catch up with her later.
Lesh and Ambergris leave a few minutes later...

Where is Ambergris and Lesh going? Ambergris agreed to accompany Lesh, but I still don't know what you guys are going to do. I guess I could have you wandering around for awhile, but I'd rather have a concrete, succinct answer. WHERE are you going? WHAT are you going to do? Please help me out here.

OOC: this was the item list
a bunch of copper pieces; a bunch of silver pieces, some eye agates
two red crystal vials with gold stoppers sitting on top.
porcelain dragon mask
bronze crown with five spires. Each spire is shaped and painted to resemble a dragon (black, blue, green, red and white)
three flasks of a green liquid
four glass vials of blue liquid
In the chests, according to the book, there are the following coin sums:
6900 copper
1750 silver
10 eye agates
ok so just to close the loot thread, here's the takeaway for each
Lesh: 
1300cp; 583sp; 4 eye agates, 1 flask of Green liquid (alchemist's fire); 1 flask of Blue liquid (potion of healing); 1 red crystal vial with gold stopper (?)

Ambergris:
1300cp; 583sp; 3 eye agates, 1 flask of Green liquid (alchemist's fire); 2 flask of Blue liquid (potion of healing);

Tommy:
1300cp; 583sp; 3 eye agates, 1 flask of Green liquid (alchemist's fire); 1 flask of Blue liquid (potion of healing); 1 red crystal vial with gold stopper (?); keeps the mask and crown to sell and provide the proceeds once sold
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Tell
Guide
Guide

#349 Post by Tell »

Lesh looks at the ol' sea captain and says, "go Willow see? or Elfsong Tavern go?"

How much time do we have before meeting Tommy? Time for a long rest?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by hedgeknight »

Ambergris and Lesh disappear into the early morning fog, leaving the bathhouse. They walk slowly and quietly, heading toward the business/home of their friend, Willow Brownbug. They arrive unscathed and without running into anyone in particular. Lesh always gets a few looks from the people on the street, especially the Flaming Fist patrols, but he is used to it.
Using their key, they climb the steps leading into the upstairs apartment afforded them by Willow and unlock the door to their room. They begin to stash their gear and their haul when the door opens slowly and Willow comes inside. He is followed by a familiar face...Scalm, the Tiefling who sold Tommy the repellent "tonic."

Willow Brownbug.jpg
Willow Brownbug.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Scalm portrait.jpg
Scalm portrait.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Scalm holds a tray of mugs and muffins, along with a steaming pot of tea; of course there is honey and butter, and a bit of cream. "You hungry after your bath?" she smirks, her violet eyes twinkling with curiosity.

Willow huffs and says, "And while yer at it, did ya bring anything of substance from the bathhouse?"

A few seconds after the pair leave, Aurayaun gives Tommy a firm hug and says, "I'll see you after." Then she too leaves the bathhouse and is some engulfed in the thick fog for which Baldur's Gate is known.
Tommy watches her disappear into the early morning fog, then he motions to Mortlock and the pair leave the grounds of the bathhouse, heading toward the harbor. The streets are already busy as folk are about their business. The pair get several strange looks and a few folks whisper Mortlock's name as they pass by. The giant of a man ignores them all, even though it is obvious he is in pain the wounds of his fight with the assassins in the bathhouse.
After several minutes, the pair reaches the harbor. It is crowded with dock hands and boats either making the docks or leaving the docks. The fog is fairly thick and the green lanterns are still lit down in this part of the city, and likely will be for the next hour or so, or at least until the fog begins to lift. They walk along the docks, heading toward the Low Lantern, and upon approach, they find a small cafe serving tea and cakes whereby they find a table where they can eat and watch the place.
Their server brings them a heaping plate of cakes and muffins, and a large carafe of hot tea, along with a large carafe of spring wine. She seems nervous, glancing back and forth between Tommy and Mortlock and nearly drops the tray while setting it on the table. She blushes and steps back. "A-anything else for now?"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#351 Post by Belkregos »

This is good for now tommy replies to the girl
Loos around at the people recognizing Then to morlock
Might me a bit late for disguises now
Then seeing him still bleeding gives him the potion of cure wounds
Take this, it’ll help your wounds

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#352 Post by Belkregos »

Tommy eats then continues
We might as well start then, let’s go check the place out

Tell
Guide
Guide

#353 Post by Tell »

If Lesh has one of the red crystal vials he will show it to Willow - maybe he can identify it?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by hedgeknight »

Ambergris and Lesh > continue here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/post ... 48&t=11065

Tommy and Mortlock > continue here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/post ... 48&t=11166
Winter is coming...

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”