Into The Long Wet Darkness

OGRE MAGE
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Into The Long Wet Darkness

#401 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Uh...maybe you should work on that door and I'll go check on Xenos. I don't know what's going on up there but it doesn't sound good. He'll try poking his head back through the weird layer above.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

The warrior nods. "Fine. I'll wait here. Shout if you need help." Hopefully Xenos hasn't been turned into a pulp...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest moves back up through the blackness to check on Xenos.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#404 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Only Need A Few Inches To Drown

As Euripides starts climbing the steps, the entire mass of black rubbery water suddenly plunges past him, whistling towards the floor of the tube. He presses himself tightly against the wall to avoid being hit himself, but is still grazed by the falling mass as it plummets. 2 dam

The thick plug continues to drop, slamming into Drest and Akhilleus at the base of the tube with a powerful force. Drest barely even notices, but with nowhere to escape the collision, Akhilleus is knocked hard to the floor. 6 dam and give me a Test of Con to remain conscious, please. (Test=d6) The mass splashes violently when it hits, extinguishing the fighters torch, but the liquid eventually collects to fill the bottom of the tube with about 2 feet of thick black water.

Xenos descends the steps again to join the others, his torch illuminating the recent carnage.

Actions?

positions:
Akhilleus AC:4 5/22
Euripides AC:5 7/10 2/2
Xenos AC:5 6/12 2/2 (Torch)
Drest?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Rex »

Drest

"What the hell just happened! Someone check on Akhilleus."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"What did you do down here? There were rods holding up the black stuff with folded back in and it plummeted. I think Akhilleus is going to need magical healing, if we have any."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Rex »

Drest

"I couldn't do magical healing even before I became a ghost."

Scott308

#408 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Well, I didn't see that coming. I used my healing for the day on the flesh golem, so I can't help Akhilleus right now. So...did he get the door open or do we go back up and try that other exit?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Your call, I am just along for the view at this point."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

The armored warrior falls to the floor from the sucking force and falls unconscious.

Constitution Test (3:6) - [1d6]=6

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#411 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Drowning In Inches

Akhilleus is knocked unconscious from the intensity of the blow that just crushed him to the floor. He lays there unable to move as the alien black liquid envelopes him again. His bodies involuntary reaction is to breath, which he does, inhaling a lung full of the dark goo, causing the fighters body to instantly begin convulsing.

Xenos calls out for magic healing, but Euripides is convinced he no longer has that power remaining after the run-in with the flesh covered construct earlier. He questions their next move as the ghostly figure of Drest starts to slowly rise, floating up the tube again towards the ceiling above.

After a few violent convulsions, the black oil has completely infiltrated the body of Akhilleus, leaving him unmoving and unresponsive under the liquid. Yet somehow, as the figure of Drest floats away, Akhilleus rises up from the oil to stand again, though now looking much the same as his companions before him, a glowing ghostly figure of the man he once was.

Actions?

positions:
Xenos AC:5 6/12 2/2 (Torch)
Akhilleus?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by Karaunios »

Ghostkhilleus raises again. Looking at his companions questioningly. "What? I thought I was drowning but..." He then looks around him. "Where's Drest?" Then realization shows in his face. "Oh."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by shaidar »

Xenos watches Drest drift away and the arrival of the new ghost and sighs.

"And then there were three" he gestures towards the door "What's this? Did you get it open?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#414 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The stuck wheel on the door (opening mechanism, like a submarine door) has been freed, but not turned far enough yet to allow it to open. The slight hissing noise remains.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by shaidar »

Xenos tries the door wheel.

Scott308

#416 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

The purloiner waits, weapon ready, while Xenos tries opening the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#417 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Going Up?

Standing in the pool of rubbery black water, Xenos risks turning the wheel and opening the metal door fully. As it swings inward, a noticeable rush of air is felt entering the tube. The black oil seems to move once this breeze is felt, even parting away from the stone threshold a bit, allowing the door swing open freely. The only thing that can be seen beyond the door is a pitch black empty chamber of some kind.

The torch carried by Xenos sputters wildly before almost going out completely. Breathing in this foreign "air" gives both Xenos and Euripides an immediate bout of lightheadedness, causing them both to begin losing coordination and balance.

Save vs. Death (16) E: [1d20]=18 X: [1d20]=4

Suddenly, Euripides sees Xenos simply topple over, falling face first into the black oil just as Akhilleus recently did. The former fighters ghostly figure doesn't seem to be affected by the bad air coming from the black chamber, but his incorporeal form starts rising up the tube, and there doesn't seem to be anything he can do to stop this ascension.

Action?

positions:
Xenos AC:5 6/12 2/2 (Torch) Unconscious
Akhilleus?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus starts cursing as he's being absorbed. He tries to hold to any corner he can, which probably is for naught. But he just died, so his insctints are those of a living person.

Scott308

#419 Post by Scott308 »

Euripides Nereos

Things are going from bad to worse to...more worse? Worser? Anyway, shit's going sideways and the young Atlantean doesn't know what he can do to help. Akhilleus is a ghost now, and if he doesn't do something quick, Xenos will join him. Desperate, he lifts Xenos' head out of the strange black liquid. He then calls upon Rel to aid him in this most dire situation, hoping against all reason that his god will see fit to allow him to cast healing magic on his unconscious companion.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#420 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Going Up?

Euripides rushes to the side of Xenos before he too breathes in a lung full of the black oil. As he lifts the Ixians head from the puddle, something even stranger happens. The entire pool of liquid begins to rise up off the floor, slowly moving back up the tube just as it fell into place here at the bottom earlier.

Stranger still, Xenos and Euripides also start to float up into the air as well, likely aided by whatever the gas is that just knocked out half the party. The ghostly figure of Akhilleus rises even faster up the tube, quickly passing the area where the black pool was suspended, unable to slow or stop his ascension at all.

The Purlioner of Rel can feel that he still holds the power to heal his friend, but he has difficulty keeping his head above the oil, while trying to remain in contact with each other now that they are essentially floating up aimlessly through mid air.

You can use that healing roll, since it was awesome, but I will ask for a d20 Dex check to see if he can cast the spell properly while floating and trying to prevent his comrade from drowning in the rising gel. (unless you can think of an alternate option)

Action?

positions:
Xenos AC:5 6/12 2/2 (Torch) Unconscious
Akhilleus?

Return to “Pawns of the North Wind (AS&SH 2e)”