This train is bound for glory

ateno
bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: This train is bound for glory

#81 Post by bsongy »

GM said:
In personal conversation with Hiro he has asked me to go forward.
My apologies for my lack of posting; parental duties had distracted me.
Staport said:
"Welcome Stars, we appreciate choosing us to land at. Please tells us how many masks you will need and we will deliver to your landing pad, which is B5, near the south spur, please come to the office and register your crew and any cargo you have for sale, unfortunately we cant handle pictures. The town of Dayton is 10 klicks down the road and used to off planet. Make your approach from the northeast, see you in ten.

Over the intercomm, Hiro asks "The Starport is offering to deliver combo masks to handle the atmosphere. I intend to get 4 for the recruits. Does anyone else need one?" Hiro transmits the total to the starport.

Again over the intercomm " As soon as we land, Dev and I will register our cargo. The main town of Dayton is 10Km from the Starport, so I thought the ATV could be used as transport and base of operations in town. Gunnar, after we land, can you get the ATV prepped for use? DGarrett would you be willing to serve as ATV driver. If anyone would like to use any other transport, like the grav boike or cutter, just let me know; I just want to keep track of everyone. In town, Monte, Dev and Myself will go get a feel for the situation in this nation and seek out potential patrons. Any comments? Recommendations?" Hiro listens to any response.

Garrett said:
"Traffic at two o'clock, opposite and parallel course. We should pass at about four kilometers range. Looks like another cargo zeppelin."

"Aye. Correcting." replies Hiro, adjusting the ship's vector, being careful to keep to the altitude restrictions, and keeping clear of any intercept vector to the war-dirigible, wanting to avoid upsetting the natives.

Marco said:

Looking at the present cargo list we carry. Are we intent on flogging everything here? Any mechanic supplies or spare parts for the TTTS that we can pick up?

To Marco, Hiro agrees "I suspect we will not get a good price for much of our cargo here, but we will list the standard cargo and see what we are offered. The non-standard cargo, like the new ore and carrot seeds, I want to see what we can find out about them on a high tech world before we offer them for sale. It would be foolish to sell them before we know their value. I think our best chance to cover expenses is to find a patron opportunity dealing with the infighting of the balkanized nations of this world. As far as supplies and spare parts, do you think there is any chance we could get what we need to fix up the damage to the grav bike, despite the tech difference? Any other suggestions you have?"

Bringing the ship in from the northeast, Hiro lands in bay B5. Settling in on the landing struts, Hiro shuts off the engines and announces ""Touchdown, Grans. All crew secure your stations for port call. All hands, this is a high law level world, only melee weapons and shotguns allowed. Recruits in uniform, armor and cutlasses and knives. "

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by cybersavant »

bsongy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:56 pm Over the intercomm, Hiro asks "The Starport is offering to deliver combo masks to handle the atmosphere. I intend to get 4 for the recruits. Does anyone else need one?" Hiro transmits the total to the starport.

Gunnar, after we land, can you get the ATV prepped for use?
Gunnar Thunarssen "Roger that. I'll take a mask as well, though i'll wait on the ship." Gunnar heads down to prep the ATV.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

I think someone was looking at the grav-bike as a project so I will let them direct whatever needs are for that. I can help assemble stuff or do an audit but am fine with a player taking the burden on themselves.

While in port, he can secure the ship and man the Sensors and Comms should issues arise.

"Enjoy the shopping. Bring back a six-pack." he says.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by The Bindoner »

by bsongy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:56 pm
GM said:
In personal conversation with Hiro he has asked me to go forward.
Staport said:
"Welcome Stars, we appreciate choosing us to land at. Please tells us how many masks you will need and we will deliver to your landing pad, which is B5, near the south spur, please come to the office and register your crew and any cargo you have for sale, unfortunately we cant handle pictures. The town of Dayton is 10 klicks down the road and used to off planet. Make your approach from the northeast, see you in ten.

Over the intercomm, Hiro asks "The Starport is offering to deliver combo masks to handle the atmosphere. I intend to get 4 for the recruits. Does anyone else need one?" Hiro transmits the total to the starport.

Again over the intercomm " As soon as we land, Dev and I will register our cargo. The main town of Dayton is 10Km from the Starport, so I thought the ATV could be used as transport and base of operations in town. Gunnar, after we land, can you get the ATV prepped for use? DGarrett would you be willing to serve as ATV driver. If anyone would like to use any other transport, like the grav boike or cutter, just let me know; I just want to keep track of everyone. In town, Monte, Dev and Myself will go get a feel for the situation in this nation and seek out potential patrons. Any comments? Recommendations?" Hiro listens to any response.
I've got a collection of masks, bound to have one for this mix of gases. Still, if they're included in the landing fee, another for the collection wouldn't hurt.

I'd like to use the bike, but I still need some parts, or the patterns for them. Looking dolefully at the airships on the screen he adds This doesn't look like the place to find them, though. Still, can't hurt to look.
Stirling wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:53 am Marco Hulsebosch

I think someone was looking at the grav-bike as a project so I will let them direct whatever needs are for that. I can help assemble stuff or do an audit but am fine with a player taking the burden on themselves.

While in port, he can secure the ship and man the Sensors and Comms should issues arise.

"Enjoy the shopping. Bring back a six-pack." he says.
Scotch or vodka?

Monte has taken to the idea of rebuilding the G-bike. He'll be looking for parts while here, but the sight of gasbags doesn't fill him with confidence. Perhaps there's a Chandlery for offworld ships...

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by ateno »

Starport: "Roger that's 6 makes to add to the fee. As a aside, my supervisor asks if you are the circus. One way or another we will have to do a quick re-inspection to retrieve you to active files. Officers paperwork, engineering, bridge and Notice to Spacers. Crew will be there 5 after you land."

Radio from Dansforth Investments" "We will deliver our ATV about 20 minutes after you land, we hope we can do business. Separate request do you have any solar panels for sale?

The guards Ophelia, Naddie, Dundee and Nevri fall in with the appropriate gear. They are not sure what they are going to do.

Marco, you cant find a local net to connect to (starpot net is but protected), and you surmise that even if you go land line there will not be anyone to talk to. You do note that for 5 credits they can patch a phone line to the ship.

Monte, you might want to go on a parts/mechanic wander for the speed bike.

A open topped jeep style petrol burner comes up to your ship and hits the correct entry buzzer. 3 inspectors enter, I will need a admin roll or carousal roll, which ever direction you want to go.

You then register the freight with the starport and they say they will send it out. "You should have replies within 24-48 hours"

When you head back to the ship a ATV is out front and Garrett is going over it with delivery driver. Gunnar, Mechanic roll please.

The ATV obviously has a few years on it, it has been converted inside to more a party vehicle, with a small bar with 4 bottles of whiskey and a case of beer (in glass bottles with flip tops). There are also more couches instead of chairs. A map of the local roads and another map of the roads of the nearby town of Dayton. Sorry no vertical pole. :lol:

I know a couple people were staying on the ship. But, whats the next step?

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by bsongy »

Gunnar said:
"Roger that. I'll take a mask as well, though i'll wait on the ship."

HIro asks "Can you keep an eye on the recruits, while I am off ship taking care of trade? I intend to return as soon as I take care of those matters." Hiro listens to Gunnar's response.

GM said:
The guards Ophelia, Naddie, Dundee and Nevri fall in with the appropriate gear. They are not sure what they are going to do.

Assuming Gunnar agreed, Hiro brief's the recruits. "For the moment it is easy work. You will just be pulling guard duty around the ship and cargo. Melee weapons only. Everyone gets a communicator and stays linked in with each other and Mr Gunnar. Do what Mr Gunnar or other crew member tells you to do. Otherwise, two of you on guard duty at the airlock.The other two off duty, but still armed and in uniform, in the passenger common room. Every hour one person goes on duty, one person goes off duty. Any trouble or questions, ask Mr Gunnar. I will return shortly after I take care of trade. Any questions?" HIro fields all their questions. He is most interested to see how these four work out the duty schedule amongst themselves, and so forth; there is still a lot to learn about the recruits..

Marco said:

Hiro is happy that Marco has decided to remain with the ship. Hiro explains to Marco his request for Gunnar to watch over the recruits, and well as his instructions to the recruits themselves. "It is probably excessive to post a guard in starport, but I wanted to see how they work together before we get into trouble. If you have a need, feel free to task the recruits as you see fit."

GM said:
Starport: "Roger that's 6 makes to add to the fee. As a aside, my supervisor asks if you are the circus. One way or another we will have to do a quick re-inspection to retrieve you to active files. Officers paperwork, engineering, bridge and Notice to Spacers. Crew will be there 5 after you land."

HIro gives the information about the charges to Dev, hoping she is doing well keeping track of the group's accounts.
Over the intercom "Dev, Garrett and myself will meet with the inspectors. They should be here 5 minutes after landing. Dev you will do the talking. Garrett and I will back you up."
Admin roles Dev and Hiro.
Carousing roles for Dev, Garrett and Hiro.

Hiro's roll to assist Dev in Admin:[2d6+0]=4+0=4
Hiro's roll to assist Dev in Carousing: [2d6+1]=9+1=10

Hiro is unhelpful in finding any irregularities in the ship's paperwork, but managed to swing together an impressive meat, cheese and crudites platter. A selection of teas and juices provided, with iced beers and expensive single malt whiskey tastefully within sight but not blatantly offered.

After the inspectors complete their work, and the cargo is registered with the starport, Hiro questions Dev whether there are any solar panels onboard as cargo."I must admit I loss track of what we have onboard."

An ATV was delivered?! I thought we were already carrying an ATV onboard, along with a grav bike and Cutter. Did I misunderstand something?

Hiro announces "Dev, Monte and myself are to meet at the ATV, headed to Dayton, to conduct trade and to search for patrons and business opportunities. Garrett you will be ATV driver. Marco, Gunnar and the recruits are remaining with the ship. Marco has command. Gunnar is chief over the recruits."

Hiro is in a particularly plain off white shirt, with dark brown leather vest, khaki pants. Dark brown boots and gun belt round out his outfit. This time, however, his gun belt lacks flechette pistol, spare magazine, or "intrusion tools". Instead, only the sword, dagger and cutting torch hang from his belt.

On the way to Dayton, Hiro will talk with Dev and Monte and get a plan together for looking for business opportunities. Dev and Monte's ideas are of great interest to him. Hiro plans to buy one of each newspaper available and try to get a sense of the current problems that may be on the minds of the citizenry (war, civil unrest, plague, etc), who are the prominent political powers within the nation (politicians, businessmen, popular social figures, etc) and what shortages the nation may be experiencing (workers, natural resources, crucial tech, etc). He checks on the legality of gambling on this planet and in this nation. He suggests finding a social establishment - a bar or club - where the movers and shakers in this nation may gather; perhaps a private member's only club near the government offices. Even better if it has gambling on premises.
Unsure what to use for finding business opportunities/patrons/proper location to look, so here is a whole selection of rolls for the GM....

ADMIN: [2d6+0]=8+0=8
DECEPTION: [2d6+2]=10+2=12
CAROUSING :[2d6+1]=7+1=8
GAMBLER :[2d6+3]=6+3=9
STREETWISE :[2d6+1]=6+1=7

Dev and Monte, roll as you see fit.
Also, while in Dayton, Hiro will look for a firearms store, hoping to purchase four pump shotguns and ten 50 round boxes of buckshot.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by cybersavant »

When you head back to the ship a ATV is out front and Garrett is going over it with delivery driver. Gunnar, Mechanic roll please.

Hiro asks "Can you keep an eye on the recruits, while I am off ship taking care of trade? I intend to return as soon as I take care of those matters." Hiro listens to Gunnar's response.

Gunnar Thunarssen "Roger that." Gunnar finds a good spot to watch the starport traffic where he is close enough if the recruits need him.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

While folk scour the starport or are put through security drills, he decides to check out the maintenance schedules for significant parts of the ship capital. So via the Engineering, he wants to review the ship's life support capability. Is the oxygen remixes and generation functioning to best efficiency, can various shutdowns take place while berthed to save battery powers. He can take a few hours to do an inspection, button testing fire alarms, smoke alarms, pressure sensors.

Basically using the time to record any faults or make any recommendations for servicing.

Marco: Engineering (life support) skills check and Edu +1 [2d6+2]=6+2=8

On that point, making sure everyone of the crew has access to Vacc Suits and "lifeboat' facilities should crisis arise.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by ateno »

The Boarding went well enough. They recommend you to get a engineers license for Monte within 3 months or the 2000 credit fine will not be returned.
Monte was stuck on the planet with no real way to get off.

The ATV is ready for use, Gunnar takes charge of the troops and goes inside. Monte calls and agrees to a secure frequency incase we need to talk.

Between the 3 of you, you are able to figure out the downtown area and if the words are close there are federal complex's.

The transit is quick and traffic moderate, once you get downtown you realize your one of the largest vehicles around. After some maneuvering (and taxing Garret's skill) and looking you are able to find an alley when a barman owns both sides, a bar on one and a inn on the other.
30 imperial credits a day folks but first two beers are on me.

A fresh pint of gravity drawn stout and a red tastes mighty good after the last few weeks. You can tell this is a middle class bar.
Shotguns are difficult to find unless your a owner, landsman or a huntsman or have a good reason. Don't know off world laws though, with all your money you should be able to buy a days production from a maker.

You are able to get the two major papers and head to the downtown area, about 15 blocks away.

It seems the populace is unhappy with a raise in the income tax raise from 18 to 20%,
The political parties are based basically on foreign policies. The party in power now with 50% is what is called somewhat nastily the 'Comforters' , those who feel minimal communication or treaties for other exterior governments and some isolationism. Another party the Rifles who hold almost 20% feel they should follow a expansionist line. The Touchies who holds just under 15% want to make treaties with those close to them and make a more powerful block. Three other groups fight for the scraps, those who want to ally with the imperium, one that is expansive and one wants to ally with the third largest largest and trade goods, knowledge and learning.

Frozen vegetables' have hit the street, a amazing invention where with a ice block refrigerator your food can last much longer.

You find a large club that will take non-members but your shuttled to the right side after entering and explaining.

You are each served a somewhat uninspired bird in slightly lumpy gravy, vegetables that was fresh yesterday, and was steamed recently and a mashed potato style clone that is quite good made with sour cream and butter, but covered with the same gravy,

After a in and out and watching the crow for a few hours you realize this is the foreigners bar. You are able to make a few conversations of the local and other county goings on, but nothing of true information. You are told of a card game later tonight in the back though.

MArco, the life support comes apart and puts together well. A few seals have to be replaced due to age or extended time in vacuum. But a successful time doing PM.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte inquires if there is a licensing bureau on-world.

The idea of hunting for parts-shops alone seems uncongenial, so he asks Hiro: Do you think you can spare one of the security team? I'd feel safer with a second pair of eyes. Ophelia or Naddy would probably be best. They won't look challenging, people underestimate women. Out of uniform we'd just blend in, as much as spacers can.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

He will just busy himself on the ship with the maintenance until the group return or he is called to another station.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by bsongy »

GM said:
It seems the populace is unhappy with a raise in the income tax raise from 18 to 20%,......
Another party the Rifles who hold almost 20% feel they should follow a expansionist line.

Hiro notes any names of promiment members of the Rifles Faction.

"Dev. Monte. Do you have any ideas on how to reach out to the Rifles Faction?"

Hiro listens to their responses, then Monte asks:
Do you think you can spare one of the security team? I'd feel safer with a second pair of eyes. Ophelia or Naddy would probably be best. They won't look challenging, people underestimate women. Out of uniform we'd just blend in, as much as spacers can.

"Absolutely, Monte. That is why I hired them. And it is a good thing the crew gets to know them during the 30 day trial period. Take both with you, if you wish." Hiro responds.

GM said:
Frozen vegetables' have hit the street, a amazing invention where with a ice block refrigerator your food can last much longer.

Hiro files this fact away, thinking that frozen foods or solar-powered refrigerators, may be a good cargo to import, if the crew of The Train to the Stars ever returns to Gran.

GM said:

You find a large club that will take non-members but your shuttled to the right side after entering and explaining.

Hiro will discretely slip the major domo a 100Cr note, folded in his palm, asking "Is there anyway we could be seated in the member's area, just this once? We are trying to reconnect with a friend we have not seen for a long time. Is that sufficient to cover any daily membership fee and whatever gratuity for the inconvenience to the staff?"
Deception roll [2d6+2]=6+2=8
GM said:

You are each served a somewhat uninspired bird in slightly lumpy gravy, vegetables that was fresh yesterday, and was steamed recently and a mashed potato style clone that is quite good made with sour cream and butter, but covered with the same gravy,After a in and out and watching the crow for a few hours you realize this is the foreigners bar. You are able to make a few conversations of the local and other county goings on, but nothing of true information. You are told of a card game later tonight in the back though.

Whether or not Hiro, Dev and Monte ever make it to the member's area, Hiro notes the time of the card game and makes plans to attend later.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by ateno »

Monte
Ophelia is happy to get off the ship, even if it only a trip to the Starport. "Engineer Monte, can I bring some money to buy a couple things for the guys and maybe a beer, one for you, I'm buying.

After a bit of asking questions and realizing this world is seemingly split into three cultural sections you find someone that can answer your questions about licensing.

"We can clear you on this planet, but we don't have access to your military records so we cant return the money until we get the ok.. That being said, we can send the request out, but it will take a while. Perhaps 4-6 months. I can give you a receipt, but if the next planet does not have access to your records, they could fine you again. You could go to a higher tech world, better starport next hop and try the bureau there, that could clear you almost immediately, have them ding us and we refund your money to your account.

Ophelia has the beer with you and orders a small keg and a cheeseburger with chip for everyone on the ship including officers. "Can you assist carrying these Sir?

Hiro

Dev: What are you going to do with the Rifles? Support them in a overthrow and become prime minister of this bit of land? But yes I will research the papers and find a meeting house or something.
"Is there anyway we could be seated in the member's area, just this once? We are trying to reconnect with a friend we have not seen for a long time. Is that sufficient to cover any daily membership fee and whatever gratuity for the inconvenience to the staff?"
Front Door MajorDomo: He takes the note.
I'm sure you are Sir, but to become a member, daily fee or not, you must be recommended to the committee ahead of time.
There is the option of coming in with a member as a guest, perhaps Lieutenant Sir Dryer could be induced, I would ask for you, He does like a bottle of port?

The MajorDomo holds out his hand.

Assuming it was filled, the MajorDomo introduces him to to you lot, he is unique for having a red mustache, a sign of a small political faction you think. He hits you as young poor nobility, He has no Left leg and a somewhat mangled left hand. "I'm always willing to talk to those fellows who are from beyond.

The card game is at 11:00 pm, its called 'Shoot the opening'

Marco
While you are checking out systems late in the evening, Dnndee approach's you, "Ah, Sir, I was going to get the officer on watch, but I think hes sleeping, there is someone who wnats to talk to the captain or the first about hiring the ship? Should I wake up the office, or do you want to talk to him?"[/doalog]

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

"Well, we can go and get some details. Show me the way."

I can gather information at least and then put it to the Captain later if need be.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#95 Post by bsongy »

Dev said:
What are you going to do with the Rifles? Support them in a overthrow and become prime minister of this bit of land? But yes I will research the papers and find a meeting house or something.

"Whatever will make us the most profit. I doubt a role in government would have the return on investment I am looking for, but I am open to any possibility." replies Hiro, with a grin. "It has been my experience that every place has a pecking order, and it always seems the second in the order are the one's pushing the most to get ahead. I thought they could be a good place to start looking for opportunities."

GM said:
The MajorDomo holds out his hand.

Hiro passes another 200Cr to the majordomo, in addition to the 100Cr he already passed over.

While walking to the table, Hiro catches Dev's attention and whispers "This may be a pointless expedition, but let's see what charming the good Lt Sir Dryer nets us."

Lt Sir Dryer said:
"I'm always willing to talk to those fellows who are from beyond."

Hiro will introduce himself and his companions, putting on his very best manners. He will let Dev, the most diplomatic member of the crew, lead the conversation, with Hiro supporting, keeping the conversation fun and entertaining, embellishing Dev's tales to make them even more dramatic, inquiring about their hosts own adventures, and adding anecdotes about his own colorful exploits, but only if the conversation is dragging. If the opportunity presents itself, Hiro will ask about his bright red mustache, the Rifles faction and inquirer if Lt Sir Dryer has any friends that could use help with anything.
To assist Dev...
Deception [2d6+2]=8+2=10
Carousing [2d6+1]=5+1=6
Diplomat [2d6+0]=9+0=9
GM said:
The card game is at 11:00 pm, its called 'Shoot the opening'

Is Hiro familiar with the rules of this game?
How is it played out in game, that is, what rolls are made, etc.?

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte
Ophelia is happy to get off the ship, even if it only a trip to the Starport. "Engineer Monte, can I bring some money to buy a couple things for the guys and maybe a beer, one for you, I'm buying.
Of course, just don’t bring more than you can afford to lose.
After a bit of asking questions and realizing this world is seemingly split into three cultural sections you find someone that can answer your questions about licensing.

"We can clear you on this planet, but we don't have access to your military records so we cant return the money until we get the ok.. That being said, we can send the request out, but it will take a while. Perhaps 4-6 months. I can give you a receipt, but if the next planet does not have access to your records, they could fine you again. You could go to a higher tech world, better starport next hop and try the bureau there, that could clear you almost immediately, have them ding us and we refund your money to your account.
Monte listens to the bad news with equanimity.

Well, that is unfortunate. Do what you can for now. I will take your receipt and advise my Captain to head for the best port available next, get things straightened out properly. Where do you suggest?

Monte suspects that a bribe might be useful here, but he has never been that kind of officer. The CPO handled that sort of thing for him.

Ophelia has the beer with you and orders a small keg and a cheeseburger with chip for everyone on the ship including officers. "Can you assist carrying these Sir?
Thanks for the beer, it’s a treat to just sit and chat. Time out from work. You’ll have to let me buy you a beer next port, return the favour.

I’ll take the keg, and off the ship it’s just Monte, not Sir.. I am retired, this isn’t the Navy, technically we are off-duty, and we are meant to be blending in.

Keep an eye out for an air/raft dealer or parts-shop as we make our way back, eh? I'm still hoping to fix that 'bike.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by ateno »

Monte
Thanks for the beer, it’s a treat to just sit and chat. Time out from work. You’ll have to let me buy you a beer next port, return the favour.

I’ll take the keg, and off the ship it’s just Monte, not Sir.. I am retired, this isn’t the Navy, technically we are off-duty, and we are meant to be blending in.

Keep an eye out for an air/raft dealer or parts-shop as we make our way back, eh? I'm still hoping to fix that 'bike.
Ophelia snickers a bit, "I will, but I think I heard something about what you need on the right, well now left as we head back to the ship. I think a mechanics shop"

True to her word, there is a aircraft body shop, many sounds of banging and tinging are heard. After a quick conversation, they can shape your pieces out of 16 gauge stainless steel in about 3-5 days, they can paint it with fire resistant white paint or enameled if you wish.
At present you have hardened plastic, as touch as aluminum. You could replace the exterior pieces with this but it will throw off the weight adjustment, but the gravitics are already misaligned and needs a reset anyway.

You make it back to the ship and the beer and burgers are passed around to the officers and then the crew.

Hiro
Dev promises to have a contact of some sort by tomorrow.

Lt Sir Dryer is a veteran of 'Isle of Manschee' Campaign where the Republic landed to disrupt Manchee's support of commissioned privateers. 20 some years ago, A war the Republic is trying to forget. I was blown up a couple times leading what was left of my Battalion to take the gunpowder reserves castle. And we held it till relieved. More paid much more than I did." His red mustache shows his support of joining the 'Democratic Order of Guides' and teaming up and becoming the most powerful (outside the imperium) political group in the world.

He provides a excellent conversation for the evening and he introduces you around to those most likely to be playing this evening. "Knowing 'em gives you an advantage."

The game involves standard deck where everyone usually 5 bet one in a pot, first person get 2 cards and bets if the third card can fit between them. If player gets a pair, you win, if cards are consecutive player automatically loses 2 chips. Otherwise after 2 cards player bets up to pot if they can 'Shoot the Opening'.

Marco

You are brought down to the lower low cargo where the guards have put together a ready room. "I'll bring him here sir?"

A young thirties man that looks like hes been awake all morning give you a smile and professional handshake.
Grapo Beeh, Phoenix mining, Grans. Your an independent ship, correct, I would like to hire this ship for a trip to check on only of our flyers, I would pay a months salary to your crew and 25K now and 25k later once we find the wreckage of a Imperial scout ship I hired 3 weeks ago. They are overdue and no dirigibles are heading that direction. If your interested I can tell you more.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

"Sure, business is always our interest. I hope you don't mind a few extra questions, I'll need to take a few notes and I'll run them by the Captain and Senior Officers when they return later.

They will get back to you I am sure."

He sits down with the man, introducing himself and signalling the security to at least make the man welcome with coffee, quana, whatever the local protocol is.

"Leaving aside costs and hiring fees, let me get the background to the issue at hand."

Marco asks regarding the man and his business. The flyer (is that the same as the Imperial wreck?), copies of the most recent communications they had between them. Flight paths and areas of exploration. Any salvage issues we can attend to. Details of the missing crew.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by The Bindoner »

Ophelia snickers a bit, "I will, but I think I heard something about what you need on the right, well now left as we head back to the ship. I think a mechanics shop"

True to her word, there is a aircraft body shop, many sounds of banging and tinging are heard. After a quick conversation, they can shape your pieces out of 16 gauge stainless steel in about 3-5 days, they can paint it with fire resistant white paint or enameled if you wish.
At present you have hardened plastic, as touch as aluminum. You could replace the exterior pieces with this but it will throw off the weight adjustment, but the gravitics are already misaligned and needs a reset anyway.

You make it back to the ship and the beer and burgers are passed around to the officers and then the crew.

Well spotted!

Monte considers briefly and decides to order the parts. Since he’s going to have to reset the balance of the lifters anyway, better to get them now. Fireproofed steel is better than hard plastic anyway.

Returning to the ship, Monte deposits the keg and leaves Ophelia to distribute her bounty (he doesn’t want to take anything away from her generosity by being around at distribution in case the crew thinks he contributed. Best to keep a kind thought pure.)

Instead, he goes to the bridge to report the result of his enquiries (by comm if nobody is currently present).

Having reported, he goes to share a beer and a burger in the commons.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by bsongy »

Dev said:
Dev promises to have a contact of some sort by tomorrow.

"Very good but, please, do not feel hamstrung by my ideas on where to find contacts. I value your instincts highly. Seek out business opportunities where you think we can best find them." replies Hiro to Dev.

GM said:

Lt Sir Dryer .....Isle of Manschee' Campaign .... gunpowder reserves castle.....the 'Democratic Order of Guides'

Hiro leans forward showing great interest in Lt Sir Dyer's stories. Hiro makes sure his hosts glass is never empty, ordering extra bottles of wine if necessary, ordering food if the story drags on for more than an hour. Hiro lets Dev control and lead the conversation, but when the opportunity presents itself, Hiro will ask question about the Democratic Order of Guides - who and what are they? - also, on a lark, he will inquire if everything was evacuated from the gunpowder reserve castle, or if some material had to be scuttled or abandoned.

Gm said:

... he introduces you around to those most likely to be playing this evening. "Knowing 'em gives you an advantage."

Hiro makes a point of introducing himself, Dev, and if he has returned from looking for parts, Monte. He will engage in friendly conversation and try to get a sense of what kind of people these players are.

GM said:

Rules for 'Shoot the Opening'.

How is the game done "in game"? What rolls will need to be made? One roll for the entire night or a roll for each hand? How are wagers done?

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”