A Crossing of Paths

hedgeknight
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: A Crossing of Paths

#41 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:36 pm In low tones, Tommy asks Jabaz about the recent reports of vermin "...rodents and reptiles creeping up from the sewers and such. I'm sure you probably haven't seen much activity but the populations tend to move around and more as a preventative measure I could give you a consultation free of charge before you see any signs, i understand a situation like that could have a very detrimental effect in this type of business and so as i said at the start i didn't want to disturb or alarm the patrons if you could quietly show me any basements and where the connections to the sewers are....[/dialog]
There is not another door in the room, but Jabaz glances to his left and then to his right before saying, "Mortlock keeps a tight grip on business here. Don't know of any, erm, rats or other crawlies around. Where did you get your information, sir Cat?
Tommy comes in closer and trying to empathize with Jabaz hesitation he continues
yes, yes, Jabaz, that is exactly the situation, it makes sense you haven't seen anything yet, some of the surrounding business have had issues but these things are like weeds, you take care of it here and they pop up next door that's why i thought it would be a good thing to check before there actually is in issue, like i said there's no charge for the inspection and consultation,
if Sr Morlock is available i can offer the services to him directly but i'm sure he's a busy man and such persons are always grateful to employees who fix problems or even better prevent them, either way, i think it would be a good idea if we take a look to make sure, dont you think Jabaz?

Persuasion:[1d20+6]=19+6=25 ;
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by hedgeknight »

As the girl massages Ambergris' neck and shoulders, he speaks to her. "Silvers for 'Long John'? I am sure you are worth gold not petty coins. Proper gems not a string of a pimp's pearl necklaces should decorate your neck.
You might hold a man tightly in your embrace but I perceive you are gripped more firm in a demon's vice. I know the fears and hunger of the cruel desire. I can help you be free if you would assist me.
We could both have 'happy endings' this night though I do not suggest what you think. For the briefest of pleasures it is cheaper to do it myself. I speak of breaking free from bondages. Both physical and emotional.
Speak with me."

She chuckles as he talks, running her fingers through his hair and down his chest, nibbling on the back of his ears, her tongue and fingers promising other pleasures. Ambergris' body responds to her affections, even as his mind and words attempts to help her.
"Ah, my strong captain," she purrs after he finishes speaking. "Your words are kind, kinder than I've heard in many days. But my bondage is my own doing. My spirit is willing to heed you, but my flesh is weak. Such is the lives of sinners in the hands of angry gods."

The woman slides around in front of Ambergris, looking into his eyes, her hands on his face and chest. Her breath is sour, the stench of addiction. Her eyes are red and feverish. Sweat beads on her forehead, on her upper lip. "What is your name, love? I've had many...but you may call me, Mina."

Tommy steps closer to the masseuse, Jabaz, looking the man in the eyes with empathy.

Tommy.png
Tommy.png (500.17 KiB) Viewed 701 times

Yes, yes, Jabaz, that is exactly the situation, it makes sense you haven't seen anything yet, some of the surrounding business have had issues but these things are like weeds, you take care of it here and they pop up next door that's why i thought it would be a good thing to check before there actually is in issue, like i said there's no charge for the inspection and consultation.
If Sr Morlock is available i can offer the services to him directly but i'm sure he's a busy man and such persons are always grateful to employees who fix problems or even better prevent them. Either way, i think it would be a good idea if we take a look to make sure, don't you think Jabaz?

Jabaz, clearly uncomfortable, looks out the open door, across the pool and to the door opposite. He doesn't look at Tommy as he speaks. "I can't be here after hours, or I'll be punished. But...answers are still available, even then...if one knows where to look."
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:40 pm Jabaz, clearly uncomfortable, looks out the open door, across the pool and to the door opposite. He doesn't look at Tommy as he speaks. "I can't be here after hours, or I'll be punished. But...answers are still available, even then...if one knows where to look."
Tommy follows Jabaz gaze to the opposite door and nods,
Thank you Jabaz, i understand, if things work out, i'll put in a good word for you,
take care

with that Tommy walks out and across to the opposite room and enters
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Purrs with her soft hands caressing his soul and much else. But when she asks his name it evokes his own memory of 'sinners in the hands of angry gods'.

"Truly I remember not. To the depths I sank and the billowing waves above washed me as clean and empty as the void below. Then vomited out upon the shores, cursed to suffer my afflictions and grasp the meanings of life as my mortality is held in the balance.

We are from the same ship Mina, castaways marooned until salvation comes."

He looks down, "ah, it seems my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak too." he mutters as erectile dysfunction ends any further hopes of entertainment.

"Tell me Mina, of the others who come here. The marooned of Baldur's Gate who come to feed their souls and of those whose souls are fed."

this last statement refers to customers who may take part, willingly or unwillingly, in the dark rituals said to happen at the Nymph.

Ambergris: proficiency with Investigations [1d20+2]=10+2=12

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by hedgeknight »

Tommy exits the room and walks around the center pool. A man is snoring in the farthest corner, a half-empty carafe of wine and two glasses at his elbow. In another end of the pool is Ambergris and a young woman; the two are talking quietly in the steam of the bath water.
Tommy opens the door to the opposite room and steps inside...to find a similar room to the one he just left. The masseuse in his room is a woman dressed in a simple tunic. She is cleaning the table with a vinegar solution and looks up at the tabaxi and stops her cleaning. She blinks at Tommy and finally says, "Sir, um, we are about to close for the evening. How can I help you?"

The girl called Mina listens quietly to Ambergris, looking into his sad eyes. She even smiles a bit when he refers to the lack of response in his manhood to her ministrations. "I can help..." she begins, but the captain cuts her off. He watches Tommy walk from one room over to the other.
"Tell me Mina, of the others who come here. The marooned of Baldur's Gate who come to feed their souls and of those whose souls are fed."
Mina sighs and says, "My captain, why are so concerned about wayward souls? Even about my soul...which is too far gone to be saved. The owners of this place...I'm not sure why they keep it open...it can't be very profitable...are said to be, um, involved in other affairs. Dark, devious affairs. People come here to forget their miserable lives. They come for an hour or two of pleasure...or pain, or both. Some never leave, not really. This place gets under their skin, burrows its way into their little minds, and like an addict, they keep coming back for more. Some of us know this place will be the death of us...but we can't help ourselves."

Her voice trails off and she lays her head on Ambergris' shoulder. "As I was about to say earlier. I have something...to restore your, um, prowess. Want me to fetch it?"
Winter is coming...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

I wanted to ask regarding using the time relaxing in the water as counting towards a short rest so Ambergris could regain his spell abilities. How long do I need?

"Sure honey. Why don't you run along. And get something that helps a man sleep too."

He slaps her thigh urges her to vacate the pool. While she goes he focuses his Awakened Mind gift in the man at the other end of the pool.
"Speak of your sins you damnable soul. Confess your evil doing and baptise yourself to cleanse your unrighteousness.

The altars of the Dead Three lust for your blood tonight. Speak of where they commune and their unholy altars lie that they may be purified and defiled by holy wrath."

He gibbets and jabbers, looking at the man, not verbally speaking but invading and intimidating his
dreamlike state.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:16 am Tommy exits the room and walks around the center pool. A man is snoring in the farthest corner, a half-empty carafe of wine and two glasses at his elbow. In another end of the pool is Ambergris and a young woman; the two are talking quietly in the steam of the bath water.
Tommy opens the door to the opposite room and steps inside...to find a similar room to the one he just left. The masseuse in his room is a woman dressed in a simple tunic. She is cleaning the table with a vinegar solution and looks up at the tabaxi and stops her cleaning. She blinks at Tommy and finally says, "Sir, um, we are about to close for the evening. How can I help you?"
Tommy looks around the room as if inspecting for rodents (actually looking for any clue)

Perception: [1d20+4]=12+4=16

yes, of course, a perfect time, im here to help with the critters, see some of the neighboring business have seen rats, lizards and other vermin making its way up from the sewers and wanted to ofer my help as a preventative measure as im sure you would not want any of your patrons to suffer any discontinued services if this issues is left to grow and im sure you want to safeguard the reputation of this establishment

he continues to look for any drains or any cracks on the walls inspecting the room

so if you could just show me where the pipe work drains to the sewer system we can get this issue take care off

looks to the girl to show him the way

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by hedgeknight »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:22 am I wanted to ask regarding using the time relaxing in the water as counting towards a short rest so Ambergris could regain his spell abilities. How long do I need?
A Short Rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds. It hasn't been an hour, only about 20 mins.

When Mina leaves the pool, not bothering with a towel, she enters the same room as Tommy; the room on the right side of the pool. Ambergris then focuses his Awakened Mind on the man at the other end of the pool. He gibbets and jabbers...invading the man's mind.
The man twitches at first, running a hand over his slack-jawed face. And then...he begins to talk:
"I-I've been a...bad man...I-I've done things...horrible things. I was pr-promised nothing would happen to me. All I had to do...deliver the girl...deliver the girl. Yig promised...promised I would be rewarded...by Bane himself! Pl-please help me! They will kill us all...kill us...all."

In the other pool room, Tommy looks around as if inspecting for rodents.
yes, of course, a perfect time, im here to help with the critters, see some of the neighboring business have seen rats, lizards and other vermin making its way up from the sewers and wanted to ofer my help as a preventative measure as im sure you would not want any of your patrons to suffer any discontinued services if this issues is left to grow and im sure you want to safeguard the reputation of this establishment
The woman glances at the far corner behind her, and back to Tommy. "Rodents? Vermin? I haven't seen any."
In the far corner is a low wardrobe with towels and spices.
so if you could just show me where the pipe work drains to the sewer system we can get this issue take care off
The woman frowns and then smiles as the door opens to the pool room and a naked, dripping woman steps inside. "Sorry Qurmilah. I just have to grab a couple of things."
The naked woman hurries to the wardrobe, looks through the vials and carafes, picks out a couple, then returns to the door. She purrs at Tommy and exits the room.
The woman smiles. "Mina is just...well, that's Mina. She's a little bit...um...unconventional."
Tommy:
roll an Investigation check

Mina returns to the pool, ignoring her babbling companion, and wades to Ambergris' side. "Did you miss me, love? I brought something to keep you going for awhile, and something to help you rest afterward. Here," she says, offering the aging captain a small green bottle. "Drink it down, love. It's distilled from mandrake root. It'll do the trick."
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:22 pm
The naked woman hurries to the wardrobe, looks through the vials and carafes, picks out a couple, then returns to the door. She purrs at Tommy and exits the room.
The woman smiles. "Mina is just...well, that's Mina. She's a little bit...um...unconventional."
Tommy:
roll an Investigation check
Investigation: [1d20+3]=8+3=11

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Spearmint »

A Short Rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long,
would that then have included the time spent in Joplin's after the fight on the Uncivil Serpent?

Ambergris

His provocation in the man's mind illiciting the suspicions he has. He swims over the the naked, prone and semi-comatose man. Taking the empty wine bottle that is nearby, he will crack it over the man's skull. A quiet 'cosh', to put him to sleep and leave him bubbling not babbling, propped up against the pool rim. He takes the empty glasses he was drinking from

When Mina gets back he smiles, offering out the empty glass for her to pour the administrations out. "Please after you. We both need to out the stresses behind us." He insists she drinks also, touching her mind to convince her if he has to. He puts the liqueur to his lips but doesn't partake himself.

not sure regarding the cosh the bloke senseless but I should get some bonus to hit as well.
Ambergris improvised attack [1d20+3]=7+3=10 wine bottle [1d2+1]=2+1=3.

Once the situation with Mina is resolved, Ambergris will exit the pool and dress.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by hedgeknight »

A Short Rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long,
would that then have included the time spent in Joplin's after the fight on the Uncivil Serpent? [/dialog]
Yes it would! Do you remember how long you guys were in Jopalin's? Let's say you've had a total of 2 hours rest. Cool?

bottle.gif
bottle.gif (1.12 MiB) Viewed 680 times
Ambergris swims across the pool, grabs the empty bottle and smashes it over the mumbling man's head. The man slumps and Ambergris grabs two wine glasses and swims back to where Mina left him.
When Mina gets back he smiles, offering out the empty glass for her to pour the administrations out. "Please after you. We both need to out the stresses behind us."
Mina frowns. "But...love, I don't need it. I ready and randy." She puts her hand in the water and cups the captain's flaccid manhood. "You see? It's all for you."
Ambergris fixes her with an understanding gaze, touching her mind to convince her to join him. She smiles and shrugs, and pours a few drops in each glass. She clinks his glass and quaffs her drink.
The effect is almost immediate. Mina gasps and her eyes dilate and she moans loud enough to be heard outside the pool room. She begins kissing Ambergris deeply, passionately, nipping and biting his lips and neck while grinding on his lap.
(Actions? You drinking or driving?)

In the side room, Tommy takes a closer look around...but really doesn't notice anything unusual.
The young woman, Qurmilah, watches him for a minute and then says, "It's almost closing time. My boss doesn't like me here past hours. If I don't leave on time..."

She never finishes that sentence because a loud explosion somewhere outside, cuts her off and literally shakes the entire spa!
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 pm In the side room, Tommy takes a closer look around...but really doesn't notice anything unusual.
The young woman, Qurmilah, watches him for a minute and then says, "It's almost closing time. My boss doesn't like me here past hours. If I don't leave on time..."

She never finishes that sentence because a loud explosion somewhere outside, cuts her off and literally shakes the entire spa!

Tommy tries to hold on to anything solid in the roomtrying to keep his mind straight thinks if anything this might be an opportunity, Jabaz hinted there was something here, he takse a second closer look around as the shaking might have unhinged something
takes cover under the massage table acting the part but looking for an opportunity to look for Aurayaun

that's not from rodents!!please! you are responsible for the patrons! see if anyone is hurt! 

Investigation: [1d20+3]=10+3=13
Perception: [1d20+4]=13+4=17

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Well the old seadog would normally pop his cork like a champagne bottle but the gnawing at the back of his mind is the under the surface rather than under the water activities that are taking place in the Nymph.

The loud back brings him to his senses and he pushes the floosie away. He grabs his clothes and scrimshaw and goes to investigate wherever Lesh is about.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by hedgeknight »

Explosions...and Tommy finds a clue!

While Tommy grabs onto something, Qurmulah screams and gets under the table. Even after the room stops shaking, she doesn't move. But Tommy does...giving the room another look...a more scrutinizing look...and he notes that the wall behind the wardrobe, protrudes just enough to indicate the presence of a possible concealed door!

Ambergris is "along for the ride" until the explosion shakes the spa...but even then, Mina doesn't notice...so caught up in an orgasmic experience, enhanced by the drug she drank. Even after the aging captain shoves her aside and exits the pool, Mina continues to gyrate and spasm in the pool, gasping for air.
Ambergris dresses, noting Scalm running for the door, with Lesh just standing there, looking confused.
(Tell...are you still in the game, man??)
Winter is coming...

Tell
Guide
Guide

#55 Post by Tell »

Lesh is confused by the sudden explosion but recovers enough to turn to the Nyph's door. Pausing he considers if he should go out or wait a moment to see if more explosions follow. He would try to listen but he can only hear a ringing sound. "Mates it! Kelevnmor me protect." Swearing and praying he opens the door, dashes through, jinxes to the left, hunches down, and takes stock of the situation.

Perception: [1d20+5]=18+5=23

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:30 am Explosions...and Tommy finds a clue!

While Tommy grabs onto something, Qurmulah screams and gets under the table. Even after the room stops shaking, she doesn't move. But Tommy does...giving the room another look...a more scrutinizing look...and he notes that the wall behind the wardrobe, protrudes just enough to indicate the presence of a possible concealed door!

taking advantage of the movement and confusion tommy moves to the wardove and pretends a stack of towels/bathrobes fell on to him
rolling and pretending he is being attacked by rats coming out from behind casts a minor illusion to create the sounds of a swarm of giant rats trying to come out from behind the wardrobe

he to howl's cries and screams
save yourself! the rats!, the swarm!, they're biting!, i told you! save yourself! I'm an exterminator, I'll take care of them! save yourself!

if Qurmulah leaves the room he moves to open the door, if she stays he keeps pretending to be fighting the "rats" while trying to open the door

Minor Illusion
cantrip illusion
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: S M (A bit of fleece)
Duration: 1 minute
Classes: Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.
If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else’s voice, a lion’s roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.
If you create an image of an object—such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest—it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can’t create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.
If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

I guess hearing the explosion, it must be close by. But it is not in the Nymph property so should that bother him? Not sure, he sticks with Lesh to try and perceive what is going on, mindful of what we came here to do.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by hedgeknight »

Confused by the explosion, Lesh pauses to see if more explosions follow...but hearing none, he follows Scalm outside...Ambergris is not far behind him. Outside, the lizardman dashes and jinxes and finally hunkers down near Scalm, taking stock of the situation. There are people running everywhere. Screams fill the air in the distance and there is clearly the sounds of steel on steel, fighting and dying. Is the city under attack? There is a red glow in the direction of Duskhawk Hill, black smoke boiling into the night sky. As two patrols of the Flaming Fist rush past, Lesh notes the explosion is in the Brampton neighborhood, close to the Harborside Hospital.

Screaming about rats, Tommy's illusion of a horde of rodents does the trick with the masseuse. Qurmilah screams and runs out the door, leaving him alone in the room. He quickly pulls the revealed door open and the stench of sewer assails him...but he sees a set of stairs going down...
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:41 pm Screaming about rats, Tommy's illusion of a horde of rodents does the trick with the masseuse. Qurmilah screams and runs out the door, leaving him alone in the room. He quickly pulls the revealed door open and the stench of sewer assails him...but he sees a set of stairs going down...
tommy takes a moment at the stairs threshold to evaluate the decision and casts message to Ambergris in case anything happens 

message cantrip to ambergris
found a secret way down behind the wardrove, will try not to engage but cant let the opportunity pass by, im looking for Aruyan, a missing person, if anything happens, let Lupeen from the blade and stars know, i'll head down

with that he grabs a bathrobe tucks it in to his back pack and stealthily starts to move down the stairs

Stealth: [1d20+5]=9+5=14

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Duration: 1 round
You point your finger toward a creature within range and whisper a message. The target (and only the target) hears the message and can reply in a whisper that only you can hear.
You can cast this spell through solid objects if you are familiar with the target and know it is beyond the barrier. Magical silence, 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood blocks the spell. The spell doesn’t have to follow a straight line and can travel freely around corners or through openings.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Spearmint »

Ambergris

Pokes his finger into his ears as he gets another voice in his head. A message, another disembodied speech detailing back passages.

He looks over at the distraction in the town neighbourhood. "Perhaps it is good, give us time to explore this area. Shall we follow our comrade below or investigate the disturbance?" he says to Lesh and Scalm.

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”