#1 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 3:00pm
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Coming from Here:
viewtopic.php?f=628&t=11413
Scott308 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:26 pm Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel sends the other 'busters and Jared a text, letting them all know Slimmerman needs us there at 3pm for the commercial shoot. He then sheepishly approaches Julia. Uh, hey, Julia. How are you today? Hey, listen, so...I, uh, kinda...sorta...agreed to help pay for this commercial. Slimmerman had a number, and Jerad had a number... Anyway, they were a hundred dollars apart and I didn't catch it, but they both agreed to the deal so...can I please get a hundred dollars out of petty cash, please?
The guys are able to get to Slimmerman's lot later that afternoon. It was exactly 1 mile up Towson Ave. by the way the Ghostbuster walks. Luckily they had had a chance to rest and full bellies, but carrying gear could weigh a guy down. So time for everyone to make decisions on how they want to test their constitutions!

A 20-minute walk up a Moderately upward hill from the Firehouse to Slimmerman's place. If you want to go sans gear, then you can probably manage it without getting winded since, despite still being a little banged up, you are all in good shape.

Add a proton pack to that, and you are lugging about 80lbs on your back. Might make it a bit Harder... if you get what I mean. This will be a Muscules Roll.

Roll Mod if you are going with no gear just to see if you get winded from the walk.

Roll Hard if you are going for the full Ghostbuster look pack and all.

Success and everything is okay. Fail and... we'll see.

Unfortunately, Julia cannot cart anyone back and forth since she is too busy with paperwork. :twisted:

Slimmerman is standing out front talking with a pair of folks that are unmistakably just as tacky as he is... these must be family.

As you walk onto the lot, he looks up, noticing you. Hey! Glad you made it! This is my Cousin Vinny and his Daughter Mona. They are going to shoot the commercial for us.

Vinny walks around what looks like a circa 2008 digital camera on a tripod and reaches out to shake hands. His own is festooned with no less than three rings just on the one hand and he is wearing a suit that might have been in fashion almost 30 years ago, but now looks all the more old on the aging man that would have still looked out of place in it those three decades ago.
VinnySlimmerman.jpg
VinnySlimmerman.jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Oh, hey! I'm Vinny. Nice to finally meet you. We're gonna do some real quality cinemaphotography here today. Just you wait... and hey!
If you ever get wise and want to make a commercial... I'm your guy, okay?
he gives a smile and points to himself with both thumbs, letting the poorly-tailored suit sleeves ride up halfway to his elbows as he does. We'll get started in a minute... This is my daughter, Mona Lisa Slimmerman... Mona! Get over here! Got some people for you to meet! he smiled back at them. You'll love her... she's a peach!
Mona!
he calls again.
MonaLisaSlimmerman.jpg
MonaLisaSlimmerman.jpg (52.18 KiB) Viewed 557 times
A woman in her mid to late twenties comes over, rolling her eyes. She had been fussing with her phone and came over. She was... dress more for the club than for work. I heard you! And I know who they are. she turned and looked at you all and smiled big. Hi, I'm Mona, nice to meetcha. Gonna make you look real nice, okay? Let's get you over here in the light and see what we got.

Slade Slimmerman is already wringing his hands and grinning. Yeah, come on! Let's get this moving. This will be great. You boys ready to do some commercials or what? So here's the thing... We will shoot each of you with a couple cars I am pushing, simple stuff... There is a script... Then we will all do the big money shot here in front of the office with the sign and you can shoot your laser guns and it will be great! You ready?

New Brownie Point Pool shows Spending so far from the previous Firehouse Thread.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 230/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 287/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 268/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Slimmerman Motors Commercial

#2 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker will be going with minimal gear- probably just Ghost Goggles and a Trap.

[1d6]=5 ghost [1d6]=2

Despite being a skinny brown guy who stinks of cheap cigars, Joker has often fooled himself into thinking he's attractive. He'll make a serious attempt to charm Mona, smiling often and attempting to be clever.

[3d6]=12 ghost [1d6]=5 +1 BP.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac is going in full gear. He is just going to stand around and try and look important.

Muscle +2BP [6d6]=18 Ghost [1d6]=5

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Trian" Williams

Lionel will carry a full set of gear. No point going to shoot a commercial as the Ghostbusters if they aren't gonna look the part, he thinks. Hi, Mr. Slimmerman, Miss Slimmerman. Pleased to make your acquaintances. Hearing Mr. Slimmerman's description of what he envisions for the commercial, Lionel has to point out one problem with the script. Uh, Mr. Slimmerman? I don't mean to cause trouble, but these proton packs aren't really safe to use for a photo op. These are pure energy- someone could get hurt bad, or cars get blown up or something. It's pretty much a little mini-nuclear reactor on our backs. It's actually real dangerous to use them. We don't mind holding them for the commercial, but, uh, I don't think your insurance company would like what might happen if we fire them up. And Ghostbusters International would fire us if something bad happened.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy does really want to be in the commercial but will come with anyway and bring simply a P.K.E meter, and goggles.

Moves: [3d6]=12 G:[1d6]=4 + 3BP [3d6]=7
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 3:15pm

I will figure in Jason if he joins this thread, but since I have a little free time I am going to keep this moving for now.

Joker goes for minimum gear, apparently having a bad feeling about the short hike. Good thing too, because though it isn't too bad, he certainly feels winded after the walk and is a little red in the face.

Mac goes full gear and with his impressive physic, he seems more than able to carry it. Once they make it up the hill he looks like he did little more than a stroll across the room and is camera ready.

Lionel likewise goes full gear and thanks to his daily routine, doesn't even break a sweat once they arrive.

Roy goes light on what he is carrying but also seems to be in good enough shape to even surprise himself. Once he arrives, he actually feels a little more envigorated from the walk. Maybe he should get the blood pumping a little more often.

Once they have arrived, the conversations begin first on business and then on more business; but for a certain buster, he is apparently a little smitten with Slimmerman's niece.

Mona give a big tooth smile acentuated by her vermillion lips. Aw... You're sweet. I like your accent. Where ya from? Itally? she ask as she looks Joker over. You're a little red. Why don't we get you cooled off over here and I will see what I can do. I thin I got just the thing to get you cooled off... she walks Joker aside from the others and rummages through a bag, handing him a towel and a small bottle of water. She begins going through the bag some move and is soon producing some makeup brushes and the like. Wipe off and lets see what I can do for you...
She helps him get toweled off and before he can protest she is patting at his face with powder and jabbering on about how much she loves working with olive-toned skin, and how few times she gets to work with men, how it gets so tiresome with the guys that think they are too macho to look good for the camera, and on and on and on. Joker learns she went to school for this sort of thing after spending lots of time in the beauty parlors with her mom growing up. There we go. Fresh and ready. You might be the best-looking one on camera today. What do you think? She shows him the mirror and he looks amazing! He really does! His lips are a touch light... but that is okay, right? Right?

Vinny draws Mac & Roy over to some vehicles they already have set aside for the commercial. One is a big ford truck 4x4 that is an older model but looks nice. Hey! Big guy! What's your name? Mac? Mac! Perfect! Like Mac Truck right? Gonna put you here with the big truck.
Big guy, big truck. Got it? Can you roll up your sleeves and show us some muscles? That would be great... Actually... would be even better if we lost the sleeves altogether. We can make this a real manly man shot, you know? Big ass strong Ghostbuster and his big truck with a big deal. Get it?

He then leads Roy to a sporty-looking Hyundai. What do you think of this, huh? Slick right? I think this car and you is going to sell this car. Speaking of slick... let's slick that hair back a little... Mona? Mona! Bring your stuff over here! We need to slick this guy's hair back! he hollers and then turns to look back at Roy with a smile. She's a peach... You're gonna look good! Just a sec.... MONA! he calls. Looking back at Roy he grins again. I like the hat. What's it do? Can you do anything with that and your thingy there in the shot? Act like you found a deal with it or something? Just a sec... MON...! Jeeze! Don't sneak up on me like that, babygirl... Never mind... his hair, do something with his hair... alright?

Mona Okay, okay, calm down, dad, sheesh... she rolls her eyes and pops her gum a little before opening her big bag and looking Roy over. So we're slicking it back, right?
Scott308 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:07 am Lionel "Freight Trian" Williams

Hearing Mr. Slimmerman's description of what he envisions for the commercial, Lionel has to point out one problem with the script. ...these proton packs aren't really safe...These are pure energy- someone could get hurt bad, or cars get blown up or something. It's pretty much a little mini-nuclear reactor...It's actually real dangerous...I don't think your insurance company would like what might happen if we fire them up...
Slade's eyes get big. Nuclear... he takes a step back. Then his eyes get even bigger and he puts his hands over his... crotch. Like nuclear nuclear? I'm not gonna lose my hair or nothin am I? Blow up a car....? Yeah, keep them off. I don't want to be liable! How dangerous is it to be around those things? Should I have a shot? Do you wear lead jockstraps or something? his concerns being what they are, you seem to have tapped into a fear and you feel comfortable in knowing you just avoided an argument with the temperamental salesman. +1bp for wording that right to avoid a roll and still convince him not to use the proton packs.

Meanwhile, Vinny has shown up to grab Lionel for his spot. Hey, I got just the thing for you. I remember you! Mr. Football!
Freight Train, right? Double the promotion! Double the saling power! Here is your car!
that........ was a brown minivan... Look, I know what you're thinking... Fricken minivan, right? Look. It has to move. So we are going to go the frat boy route, okay? Talk about piling the team in here for the big game... then piling in for the big party... the big concert... sell this thing like a party wagon, got it? I'll get you some stuff to mention, but other than that, wing it. We can do a couple takes if we need to. Now... let's see... he begins looking you over and one side and then the other. Then shrugs. I think you're good... he gives you an odd slap on the cheek and grins. You're gonna knock em dead! This van and everything like it is going to move, I know it!

VINNY! Slade calls out.

WHAT? I'M WORKIN HERE!

Slade I'm waiting! he says pointing to a watch on his wrist.

Vinny Okay, okay! he turns back to Lionel rolling his eyes. Some people and the way they talk to family, you know what I mean? MONA!

WHAT? CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY?

Vinny Well come on! Time is money! Wrap it up! he doesn't see her own eye roll when he turns and looks at Lionel. You see what I mean? He turns to return to Slade where they promptly start arguing while Vinny grabs the camera.

Brownie Point Spending (This Thread)
Joker -1 to Rolls
Mac -2 to Rolls
Lionel -3 to Rolls
Lionel +1 convincing argument
Roy -3 to Rolls

Brownie Point Pool:
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 228/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 284/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 266/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 549/550

Last edited by Bluehorse on Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac rolls up his sleeves and admires the truck. "I ain't cutting the sleeves off, Julia will kill me."

Scott308

#8 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

They are perfectly safe to be around, Mr. Slimmerman, as long as we don't turn them on. Just being for show for the commercial, you don't have to worry about any radiation or anything. We wouldn't have brought them if they would have put you or your family in any danger. Safety first, right?

Lionel shrugs at the idea of selling the minivan. Hey, whatever you need from me. If you need me to talk up the minivan, I'll talk up the minivan. Gotta get this thing sold! I get it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shakes his head about slicking back his hair "Oh no. I don't need my hair slicked back. It's naturally curly lets just leave it be miss." he says pouring out his Irish accent. "Mr. Slimmerman I'd not suggest we use the blaster better to just pretend. They're safe but if you were shooting a commercial with a gun you'd not fire it off for real sir, you;d use blanks or something right? So lets just play it safe. Yes I can pretend with my goggles and the meter that it's detecting some sort of great deal sir." he keeps talking with his accent hoping it will help add to his charisma and what not.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker's caught a bit off-guard by Mona. His usual lines work so seldom, he doesn't quite know what to do next. He smiles at his 'new and improved' look. Don't tell the...um.. other guys, but I'm already the- err- best.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 3:30pm

Vinny shrugs as Mac rolls up his sleeves but still looks impressed with the look. Long as you are showing off those guns, we're good. Okay... Play it up real good. Here... This is what I need you to say... Go ahead and memorize that... add whatever you like and figure out your delivery. I'll be back with the camera in a bit...

Slade nods at Lionel's explanation about the proton packs. Yeah, yeah, just... keep the safety on, you know? We'll have Mona do something flashy in the... photoshed or whatever it's called... Meanwhile, Vinny hands him a short script of what to say to sell the minivan. Work this up... do what you want, just hit these points about the van and we are all good.

Mona seems to find Joker amusing. You're cute... How about when this is all over, we...

Vinny MONA!

Mona rolls her eyes. Be right back...

Vinny approaches. Okay, so while she takes care of Lucky Charms over there... This is what you are gonna do... Comere... Vinny walks Joker over to stand between an SUV and a family car. You, my friend, are going to do the double whammy. You say a couple lines about this car... then badda bing, turn around say a few lines about this one. Quick, flip, and easy, you got it? Here... That's your script. Whatever creative whatever you wanna do, that is up to you. Oh... One more thing... he leans in real close.... like reeeeeeaaaallly close and points a finger at him. You eyin' my daughter? No, no, no... I saw it... I saw it. Listen... we don't mix business and pleasure around here... and that is my little girl. But I like you. You wanna take her out? That's fine... be my guest. But you be a genteelman. You got it? Treat her good... I treat you good... treat her bad? Well... Bad things happen. he grins. I'm not afraid to go back to prison... he reaches up and pinches Joker's cheek. Now... let's sell some cars. he walks away to apparently go talk to Slade.

Mona is looking over Roy as he mentioned he doesn't want his hair slicked back and shrugs. Yeah, I think it looks better that way.
Alright, so lets still get some powder on your nose...

Mona Moves v 10 Makeup Artist [7d6]=26 G: [1d6]=6
Roy doesn't get a chance to move before she goes to work taking the shine out of his nose, but it does seem too invasive.... And it looks good!
She take a little of the red out of his face and he is certainly camera ready! Reduced Difficulty on Cool Rolls. :)
Vinny hands Roy a script just as he had the others. Look... let's be honest... this car might sell itself. But you do this right, and we will bring in folks enough to sell two or three more, know what I mean? Here are some things to mention, the rest is up to you. You're gonna do great!

Okay. So we will make this short and sweet. You can narrate this however you like, but everyone has a roll to make.
Everyone roll me a Hard Cool. Roy and Joker can roll Mod since the makeup went well.

One at a time The Slimmermans bring their setup over to the Ghostbusters as whatever car they are helping sell. Vinny Action!

Brownie Point Pool:
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 228/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 284/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 266/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 549/550

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac practices some first then gives it a shot. "Bla..."

Cool +4BP [6d6]=27 Ghost [1d6]=2

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy trying to get the invasive makeup application process out of his mind practices the script wondering which lines are for him...he holds up the PKE mete and makes reactions like he's found something "Oh wow look at those deals!" he says trying to sound excited and pouring on the accent.

Cool: [4d6]=16 G:[1d6]=5 + 3BP [3d6]=11
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker has been in America for several years, but people like Vinnie baffle him- the fast talk, the abrupt changes in topic, all of it.
He scans over the script he's been handed, and is even more baffled. "Air coditioned seats", "Power mirrors","All leather"?

He quickly jots down the important details for the vehicles, writing on his palm. He smiles a fixed smile as the camera rolls.
Just look at this... he begins.
cool 3+1 BP [4d6]=13 ghost [1d6]=5
FA FO

Scott308

#15 Post by Scott308 »

When the camera starts rolling, Lionel begins selling the van, with a combination of script and adlibs. Some of you may know me as Lionel from the Ghostbusters. Some of you may have know me as the Freight Train, when I played high school football in Fayetteville or for the University of Oklahoma. I know, you're wondering why I'm standing here next to a minivan instead of a sports car. Minivans are for soccer mom's, right? Wrong! First of all, I don't really fit in most sports cars, but even if I do, there's no room for other people. Want to head out to catch the Hogs play on Saturday, or drive to Little Rock to see a concert with your friends? You need one of these babies! he says, slapping the minivan.

You and your friends can all fit into one car and head out on the town together- no more trying to meet up at the club. And with one car, you only have to pay for parking once. You know it's gonna cost an arm and a leg to park on someone's lawn so you can tailgate before the 'Bama game- don't make your friends pay to park their cars, too. You buy this van, and you'll have room to be comfortable, bring all your friends or family when you go someplace, and only have to find a parking spot for one car, instead of 2, 3, or 4. And if anyone gives you a hard time 'cause you bought a minivan... he glowers at the camera as he semi-discreetly flexes, you tell 'em I said you should.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy chimes in at the right parts "Wow look at these amazing features!" again making the PKE alarm trying to play out that it is picking up on deals and what not. "Wow this thing has air-conditioning, power seats and more!"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 4:00pm

Rex wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:38 am Mac practices some first then gives it a shot. "Bla..."
Oh my god... This made me laugh so much more than I should have.

The guys perform for the camera for their individual parts. Everyone seems to nail it. The Slimmerman's all seem plenty happy with the results so far.

Slade Alright! That's all good. Let's all gather at the front of the shop and do a group shot.

Vinny ushers everyone over to the front of the shop. He and Mona set up the camera and check the shot a few times. Alright! 3... 2.. 1... Action!

Slade standing in the middle of the action... also thankfully a little shorter than everyone... Slimmerman Motors! Where the deals are so good! They're otherworldly!

One more Cool Mod roll if you would.

Brownie Point Spending
Mac -4 to Rolls.
Roy -3 to Rolls.
Joker -1 to Rolls.
Lionel -5 to Rolls.

Brownie Point Pool:
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 223/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 281/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 262/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy poses with the PKE and goggles on and tries to make the PKE flash and alarm on the word otherworldly for effect.

Cool: [4d6]=10 G:[1d6]=5 + 3BP [3d6]=8

Scott308

#20 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel
I decided to take my chances and not use BPs. Three dice to get a 10 shouldn't be that hard, right?

Cool: [2d6]=5; Ghost Die: [1d6]=1
Apparently, it is. Oh, and a 1 on the ghost die to boot. :roll:

Return to “Mission Archive”