The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 3

Bluehorse
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 3

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shakes his head at the comment about painting FRED "Hmm did you just give us a new type of slime weapon Jer? Er uh Mr. Spangler?" commenting to Joker about the robot "Just so long as we don't make our FRED look like a Dalek." showing his nerdy side again referring to Dr. Who.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Taaz »

Sorry I had an unexpected kidney stone removal surgery and have been in la la land for about a week and a half on meds recovering sorry for my absence. And anchovies on pizzas not bad imho. Jason had appeared to be lost in thought concentrating on the rituals he laid and how they could be useful. And of course going over the new equipment with a child like sense of glee

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:35 pm Roy shakes his head at the comment about painting FRED "Hmm did you just give us a new type of slime weapon Jer? Er uh Mr. Spangler?" commenting to Joker about the robot "Just so long as we don't make our FRED look like a Dalek." showing his nerdy side again referring to Dr. Who.
Jeremy smiles over at Roy and nods with all the enthusiasm of a child. Sure did. We took the tech of the slime blower and brought it first back to basics. We then figured out how to make a more mobile transport for it that could be tacked onto the existing pack. It seemed like a real problem for folks having to switch out one pack for another to alternate or worse yet being stuck with one when you realized you needed the other.
Now you can carry both! You load it with these canisters of pre-posi-charged slime, that has been molecularly concentrated. You are carrying some potent stuff that naturally expands on the way out with the pressure difference. It also has the contraction of it condensing back due to the sudden extra rapid expansion on the way out along with the natural dissolving properties which are accelerated by the process of passing through the cyclotron charging... That is why the slime tether works too. In short... this stuff is about eight times more potent than what you get from the traditional slime blower and has been made more mobile and available with the new setup since it is always with you.

Joker would see that the components were indeed, at least partly, tack welded on. Oh boy...

GreyWolfVT

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy having just had some sort of crazy idea for the slime blower..."Has anyone ever considered trying to make the slime blower similar to spray foam blowers? Just a kind of random thought that just came to me as you were explaining that. You know like foam to extinguish fires, or even that is used in roofing or insulation." you can tell the nerdy geeked out side is kicking in as he talks you can see he is already trying to think of how to make that possible.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Sounds very useful, are the packs much heavier?"

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy refocused on what Max just said he chimes in "Heavier I'd hope that we could make them more effective and lighter if anything. What do you think Jeremy?"

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Taaz »

Jason follows along the equiptment in glee Wow these can do everything!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#68 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel Freight Train" Williams
GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:29 pm Roy refocused on what Max just said he chimes in "Heavier I'd hope that we could make them more effective and lighter if anything. What do you think Jeremy?"
Hefting the pack he is currently wearing, Lionel chimes in on his opinion of the weight.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:31 pm Lionel Freight Train" Williams
GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:29 pm Roy refocused on what Max just said he chimes in "Heavier I'd hope that we could make them more effective and lighter if anything. What do you think Jeremy?"
Hefting the pack he is currently wearing, Lionel chimes in on his opinion of the weight.
Lionel finds the weight is comparable despite the added equipment.

Jeremy first to Roy the clearly addressing the room. We've been experimenting with some of the 3d printing technology that has been entering into the industrial sector. This is some of the same material that Relativity Space is developing for SpaceX. We were able to eliminate a lot of the added weight we had before, and run a lot of the pipping as one to three pieces. The weight reduction in hardware like screws and brackets along took off almost 4 pounds, and with it being a base that is one formed piece instead of carried on the old frame harness means the total weight of the original unit is only about 2/3 what it was and... looking at Lionel. I'm sure this is much more comfortable! Now of course, the added components added back a good deal of that weight back, but overall it stays pretty even.

Scott308

#70 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Hey, if we get all the extra stuff and it weighs the same, I call it a win.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#71 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:55 am Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Hey, if we get all the extra stuff and it weighs the same, I call it a win.
Roy shrugs "Yeah, I guess so. At least it isn't heavier." and then he starts to walk off heading for the basement where the R&D stuff is typically located saying something "I hmm but what about space age polymer... *something something....* Thermo-lite Board...."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Urson »

Joker
I hate to be the party-pisser, but we still need to deal with this new development with the Reverend Belmont.

BH: would Joker be able to scan Belmont without the Reverend being aware of it? For instance, if we had a meeting with him, could Joker use the PKE function in his phone without Belmont knowing it?
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:15 pm Joker
I hate to be the party-pisser, but we still need to deal with this new development with the Reverend Belmont.

BH: would Joker be able to scan Belmont without the Reverend being aware of it? For instance, if we had a meeting with him, could Joker use the PKE function in his phone without Belmont knowing it?
Absolutely! Just put your phone on silent the way I see it ;)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 17, 2018 2:00pm
Nice out!  Warm and Clear.

The pizzas are ordered and arrive. A nice local place just downtown and it is Gooooooood. Jason, I'll deduct from your personal funds shortly.
In fact, everyone will have some general "living" fees removed when I get a chance.
Everyone is able to sit down and have a good meal before getting into the nitty-gritty of the day. The new equipment is added to the inventory Again, will post on that soon as I can. and waiting for someone to distribute about the firehouse or the Ecto as soon as they like.

Jeremy gets up to speed on not just the mods and new equipment that the team has built, but really seems interested in the running theories and ideas they have floating as well about their cases and how unusual things are around this town. Wow, this whole place is kind of a Psychokinetic Vertex... he muses as he leans back and thinks about it for a moment. He seems oblivious to the startling resemblance he has in that moment with a thoughtful expression to the bust of his father that is just over his shoulder.
1576768_1469237318273_full.png
1576768_1469237318273_full.png (575.91 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Jeremy hands a used napkin down to Fred who whistles happily and puts it in his trash compartment presumably where it will be compacted with other trash for later. You already told me about this demon Kindle, but you said you had an encounter at the courthouse grounds too? Someone mentioned a theory about it being a possible angel? That is interesting because you rarely see them in this close of proximity without there being something big about to happen... and by big I mean like... well... Big big. Biblical big. Stuff like dad used to deal with back in the day. he pauses again then looks over at the team around the table. Has anyone thought of going to check out the Angel lead again? Or see what else is happening there? Usually, places like this will have more than one Psychokinetic eddies interacting with each other, kind of like where currents are interacting in a river, like around some rocks or something...

Either way, if you have a problem with a demon, an angel might be a good fix. Or at least something I would want to be on the good side of. If you can't get their help, you can at least make sure you are not in their sights... bad choice or words maybe... Hmmm... Cowboy Angel... Sounds like a bad Spaghetti Western...

Another surprise is that afternoon when there is a knock on the door and someone asking for a signature. Julia signs and when she goes out back to see what has been delivered she calls out loudly from the back door. GUYS? COME SEE THIS!

This is what you see:
Screenshot_20211226-095141_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20211226-095141_Facebook.jpg (493.76 KiB) Viewed 646 times
There standing beside your Jeep is The Mayor. Now see boys? When you play ball, you get the best! This is what a little pull in this town can get you! he slaps the top of the freshly painted hood and there is a solid thud. Yes, Sir! They worked on this all night and even got the clear coat cured on for you. He gives that politician smile you have all gotten used to, greedy eyes and all.

The close inspection you can see not only the fresh paint job but all the bodywork seems to be completed as well as some of the interior seems to have been cleared up and mended. There are new tires and wheels, and you can see all the work promised by Mr. Dundst has been completed as well, meaning a slight upgrade compared to the original suspension etc. Roy will remember there was some general work that would have been done to the engine and drivetrain as well. This might be like a new vehicle, assuming there is no funny business...

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 256/256 @
Roy O'Dowd: 355/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 289/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 583/584

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy comes to see what Julia is called out for and sees the Jeep "Wow, that guy you told me about Jules does great work. So wait he fixed the drive train and engine work plus all the other mechanical stuff that quickly? It's like a dream holy cow did they work overnight?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker walks around Ecto, admiring the work done. He's still embarrassed by the amount of damage he did, but he's getting over it. If you need a hand loading our gear, let me know.

He heads back to the common room. He does a quick online search, looking for contact information for Rev. Belmont. His intent is to make a phone call to try and set up a meeting.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac helps to load up the Jeep.

Scott308

#78 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Wow! Gee, thanks, Mr. Mayor! I'll go pull this into the garage and we can get it loaded up so we're ready to go if we get a call! Taking the keys, he drives the Ecto inside and closes the garage door behind. He will then assist Mac in loading their new gear into the vehicle.

He'll eventually get back to the conversation Jeremy had begun. You know, Mr. Spengler, it might not be a bad idea to head back over to the Courthouse again. When we were there the first time, it was only part of the team. Maybe we should all head over, see what kind of readings we get now. You could come with us. If you want to, that is. If not, that's fine, too. How 'bout you, Julia? You interested in a field trip? If you'd rather not, I understand. I just thought, maybe you wouldn't want to be by yourself. After, you know...

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker looks up from his laptop. She won't be alone. I will be here for a short while.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 17, 2018 3:00pm
Nice out!  Warm and Clear.

Before The Mayor leaves, he remind them that there are perks when they "play ball". No doubt he means, do as your told. How much is this Freebie going to really cost them in the end? Either way, in due time the Ecto is loaded up. Transfered the old equipment from the rental to the Jeep, I take it?

Jeremy is still inside talking to Fred when the rest of the team returns. He looks up and is about to say something when the phone rings and he looks over at it and looks a little anxious.

When Julia answers it: Old Fort Ghostbusters, How can we help you? ...............Oh, hello! .................... Yeah, how did you...?
Okay, I will get him on the phone, please hold.
She looks over at Jeremy. Mr. Spengler, her sister is on the line...

Jeremy I'm not here! he throws up his hands. I didn't even get out of bed this morning!

Julia looks at him suspiciously and turns to the team for what to do.

This aside, in the spirit (Pun!) of keeping things moving, what are everyone's most immediate plans so I can start getting threads together. Are you wanting to go check out the historical site? Check on something to do with Kindle? Anything else on the side I can get moving for you like Roy building a computer for the Robotics Teacher? Something I missed?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 256/256 @
Roy O'Dowd: 355/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 289/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 583/584

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Return to “Ghostbusters RPG”