Ch. 1: Trying to get inside the Tomb

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Inside the Tomb (game thread)

#81 Post by Dogma »

Bhart wrote:
Dogma wrote:"Well done gentleman. One trap down down, who knows how many more to go." says Erodhon. "How badly are you hurt? My skills in healing are well known in many lands."
OOC: Does Erodhon provide healing to Urdak?
Not at this time.

Since Quinn said he was not badly hurt the elven healer dismissed him with with a wave of his hand. "Return when you have wounds worthy of my skills."

He then "helped' the others search the area. (Mainly by sitting on a stump and directing them as to where they should look.)

When Quinn finds a possible entrance, he wonders over to supervise and make sure the others excavate it correctly. "See, I knew when I directed you here that something would be found."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by tkrexx »

The burly Mountain Dwarf stands there several moments with his elbow in the air before realizing Erodhon's snub. He scratches his dirty beard and appears to be lost in thought. Literally. He then shrugs and heads off to assist with digging.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Dogma »

tkrexx wrote:The burly Mountain Dwarf stands there several moments with his elbow in the air before realizing Erodhon's snub. He scratches his dirty beard and appears to be lost in thought. Literally. He then shrugs and heads off to assist with digging.
you still have quite a few hit points. I thought it might be wiser to hold off and see what sort of hurt the future brings down on us. If it looks like we'll get a chance to rest for the night, I'll heal you up then.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Bhart »

The bricks appear to be very old. It doesn't take long to uncover and make a hole big enough to crawl through. Stale air once again greets you as does inky blackness filling the space.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tkrexx »

you still have quite a few hit points. I thought it might be wiser to hold off and see what sort of hurt the future brings down on us. If it looks like we'll get a chance to rest for the night, I'll heal you up then.
It's cool, I'm just playin' the game, Brother!

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Bhart »

tkrexx wrote:
It's cool, I'm just playin' the game, Brother!
:D :D :D

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will unfasten his length of rope and rejoin the others in their search. Upon the discovery of the bricked up wall, he'll assist in clearing what he can.

"Any volunteers to crawl through the hole?", (looking at whoever has the 'mag-lite', Skiratch I believe) "Perhaps you can light the way for us?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by Alethan »

Skiiratch raises an eyebrow at the query for volunteers.

"Let's just see what we can see from here, first..." he replies in a droll, rolling tone.

He gets down close to the opening and probes into the darkness with his MagLite to see what he can see.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Bhart »

The 'mag' light pierces the darkness revealing a plain stone hallway 20x60 feet with a 10' high ceiling. This hall is clear of cobwebs and ends in two separate doors on the south wall.
Attachments
illus2.png
illus2.png (260.93 KiB) Viewed 793 times
toh2.png
toh2.png (313.04 KiB) Viewed 793 times

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

Skiiratch describes what he sees to the others.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by Mondego »

“We aren’t going to learn anything sitting out here,” observes Quinn. “Perhaps one of the veteran Thieves could scout inside for traps?”

OOC: If people prefer Quinn will go first again but his find/remove traps isn’t very good.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

"Everyone wait out here," Skiiratch says, then slowly makes his way into the opening. He will pause once he is inside the opening and grab a few fist-sized rocks.

He'll give them a low underhand throw to make them roll across the floor to see what happens.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Stirling »

McCloud will stand then at the entrance, skipping about from foot to foot nervously, thinking of the last cave-in. Uttering some underbreath celtic curse he'll ditch his spade in the earth and step in a few yards behind Skiiratch when he advances, keeping his hands free to check the side walls, flooring and a look over the ceiling for any impending creak and groan of cave-ins and tunnel movement. Every now and then he'll give a little kiss to the ring on his finger waiting to 'jump' out of the way of falling debris (and also do a little geneflecting 'jacko-crotch clutch' under his kilt, just to keep nervously checking 'everything' is still there bearing in mind stories of sex-swapped tomb escapees!).

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Bhart »

McCloud follows Skiiratch through the hole into the hallway. His inspection reveals a very solid wall and ceiling. Nothing to be alarmed about near the entrance to the tunnel.

Skiiratch rolls a few rocks down the hall. They each tumble along the paved floor with a clacking as bits break off and bounce into the shadows. The stones come to a rest near the doors without triggering the deadly trap that they assume is here.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by tkrexx »

Ae knoz minin', Ae shd go, Urdak speaks, not completely comprehending he's repeating himself. He peers upwards entering the corridor, as if expecting more dings in his helm. He'll sniff the air and visually inspect any stonework the maglite touches on. Needn torch. He begins fumbling in his pack.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by Alethan »

Skiiratch nods at the dwarf and moves against the wall, near where the hole he just came through is, shining the MagLite to help him get a torch prepared.

Then he turns to Stirling and hisses, "Unless you want to find traps the easy way, I'd suggest you follow my advice when I give it. Of course..." He waves his arm towards the double door, "I'm not entirely opposed to your doing the former."

sparkles
Tracker
Tracker

#98 Post by sparkles »

Tixs will move into the entrance of the tunnel, keeping to the shadows, moving nimbly between the others gathered at the entrance taking up a position just inside the entrance of the tunnel. He look around at the walls, floors, ceiling and entrance way for any indication of traps.

doh! removed rolls, good point sorry...
Last edited by sparkles on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by Alethan »

sparkles wrote:Tixs will move into the entrance of the tunnel, keeping to the shadows, moving nimbly between the others gathered at the entrance:

Thief skill: [1d100] = 89

taking up a position just inside the entrance of the tunnel. He look around at the walls, floors, ceiling and entrance way for any indication of traps.

Thief skill: [1d100] = 35
FYI, I'm pretty sure we don't roll our own thief skills, Spark. You're not supposed to know if you've succeeded or not.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by AQuebman »

Bindle smiles sarcastically as he rests nearby Fine, just waltz on in and don't pay heed to what the old man thinks. Bricked up ceilings don't scream safe entrance to me.

Return to “Party 2”