Laws are Like Sausages

ateno
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Laws are Like Sausages

#21 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

"Let me interject in your thinking and appraisals. My claim to partial ownership is sincere and without further discrimination towards others who vy with Mr Blue who controls the majority stake in the space vessel.
My hope is that the Train may be refurbished fit for trading and enterprise. I should hope that a crew berth my be attained subject to my expertise and experience and together as we face equal risks, we share equal reward as partners in whatever corporate endeavours we subscribe to.

Are there plans in place? A trading schedule?"

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by bsongy »

Marco said:
"Let me interject in your thinking and appraisal...Are there plans in place? A trading schedule?"

Hiro listens to Marcos, without response. Seeing that Dev's lawyer has remained silent, and Dev has already summed up the points of negotiation, Hiro silently stands, waiting for Octavia to speak.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by ateno »

All three lawyers try to talk next.

Algos (Dev's) win: "A last minute change, was this planned? Are you dealing with marked cards? This was suppose to be a simple swap."

Tyner: "I will assure that the arrival of the share owner was totally out of the blue and they landed today with no announcement they were coming."

Rutta: "We meant no harm, I am glad we can when we did. My client has not asked for money, just a steady job if there is a spot on the ship."

Lawyers look at Dev.

Octavia: "Ladies and gentlemen, please, I don't want this to become a long drawn out session of playground buffoonery. I have a solution, so we can eat our Fa ribs while they are warm. I do not acknowledge Mr. Hulsbosch claim, he joins the Train as a permanent crewman of your ship and I trade ships with Dev and Hiro along with.. He pauses and looks your both in the eyes. 60,000 credits in cash and gems, 2000 for Mr. Hulsbosch and 5000 for each lawyer. Then we sign the papers and we eat, Dev, I think you will enjoy the wine."

All three lawyers start yelling and stammering. It appears the monies to lawyers like this could be considered bribery.

Octavia pulls back the money offered to the lawyers.

Both mr. Rutta and Algos request to speak to their clients.

Each conversation is, It sounds good do you like it, I will check the paperwork and titles, I recommend you take it.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch
I do not acknowledge Mr. Hulsbosch claim, he joins the Train as a permanent crewman of your ship and I trade ships with Dev and Hiro along with.. He pauses and looks your both in the eyes. 60,000 credits in cash and gems, 2000 for Mr. Hulsbosch and 5000 for each lawyer. Then we sign the papers and we eat, Dev, I think you will enjoy the wine."
"Gentlemen, my lady. While you debate and discuss your concerns and negotiate I need to make my own position clear.

Wether Mr Blue acknowledges the truth or not, I own a legitimate share. The historical legacy of TTTS and the collapse of the Circus Company through negligent fiscal management by the previous Captain, accountants and 'Ringmaster' might be well broadcast. But the important thing for me is my grandfather underwrote the gambling debts of the Captain through his own means to save the craft from going into solvency or disrepute. The guarantee of recompense was his future permanent stakeholding in the Safari Space craft.

Now, that heirloom stake is not up for debate and certainly not up for sale. And while you might bandy about ship shares I am certainly not a piece of property to be treated with disdain that you casually throw in the mix, to be dispensed with 'he can be a crew member'.

I am certainly not selling my birthright for a bowl of porridge and some pretty baubles."

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#25 Post by KoboldStew »

"Mr Hulsebosch is correct: his share does appear legitimate. This changes the understanding we have, Octavia, and it is not likely to be quickly solved. Fortunately we have time, and there is no need to come to a hurried resolution. Now, gentlemen, I would like to speak with Mr. Algos, and some of my colleagues. We should be back before the salad."

She rises, leaving her glass of wine untouched, and excuses herself.

In the next room, aware that there are likely listening devices she sets up a quick sweep/interference frequency, and begins to speak to Algos (and Hiro? and others?). She had considered leaving a mike in the dining room, but decides against it. She has hired the best lawyer she can find, and has hoped for more.

"With respect, Mr. Algos, with these additional complications, I think we can do much better -- it is why we arranged for you to be here this evening in the first place, not to accept the first offer Blue gives us. (a) He seems caught off-guard by Marco's claim, which should be to our advantage, and (b) we know that he needs this deal closed tonight, when we do not [[successful Persuasion roll]]. We also know (c) that the value of the ship is some 8-10 MCr less than what he actually owes us. [[yachts are 51; this is 94 something?; 51x2=102-94=8]] Plus this is a ship he has and is not using. Those are three advantages we possess, in addition to your own legal acumen. We should not be bought off with some pretty baubles, as Marco mentioned.

Mr Algos, you are not here for 5000 credits. Assuming we have clear rights to the ship, I can pay you 10% of any funds you secure up to 1 MCr, and 20% of any funds you secure for us after that. That would be 500,000 if you secure 3 million [[2.5 for us as orperating fund]], from which would come all your administration fees and any payments you make to Mr. Rutta. If you can get it to 5.5 MCr, that would be 1 MCr for your work tonight, plus any follow-up liabilities or payments to Mr Rutta [[4.5 MCr for us]]. Even then, by my calculations, Mr Blue is making a profit, and his business is concluded tonight with three loose ends. Surely that is worth your attention. This is what we are here for, Mr Algos. Do better."

She waits to see if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, and once strategizing is complete, she cancels the ultrafrequency and returns for salad.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ateno »

Octavia: People, I just want to not deal with Marco's share paperwork, after the trade you can deal with him as you see fit, all he wants is a berth, I did not hear about a payout or admin of the Train. We had a deal to trade, I and making it sweeter for you, you had to make the ship able to fly and I am recognizing that, I am also not claiming the missiles, which when sold is a pretty penny. He is about to say something else and does not.

Argos in response to Dev: Ma'am, when we talked before, you were interested in making the trade with Mr. Blue, no push for extra money like you just mentioned now. If you think we should ask for more sweetener, come up with something I can use, he is giving you missiles, however much those are worth, to me it sounds like you get what you wanted and you get a loyal crewman in the deal. I want to help you, but it seems asking for 1MC could be pushing it. I have dealt with Mr. Blue before, he does his best to stay clean, so you don't have to worry there, but do you want to make a enemy? You could also acknowledge Marco's share, get the ship and kick him off and send him the 1/3% of the profit each landing. But that does not sound like you. Seems like Octavia understand Marcos claim, but his paperwork is not ready for that. Questions?"
Last edited by ateno on Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by cybersavant »

bsongy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:13 pm Earlier, out in the hallway...

Gunnar said:
Gunnar Thunarssen "I'm not worried about getting out. It's getting out with my gun and belongings that's the hard part."

Hiro responds "I understand. Let us know if you need any help with that."
Gunnar Thunarssen "Luckily i left my vacc suit on the ship. Just have to smuggle my gun and funds. Will let you know if that goes awry."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

Mr Blue Sir, Watanabe San, Ms Devereaux Madam. Please it was not my intention to either be coarse or put a spanner in any of your works. I simple mean to keep hold of the my stakeholding interest in the vessel going forward.

My résumé and references may all be accessed freely to judge my qualifications, experience and character. I am sure that my skills would be an asset to the TTTS trading company in whichever areas of responsibility your feel the crew are lacking. Don't fear, I hide no lofty ambitions of usurping bridge roles or chairmanships.

I am quite interested to hear options put forward in regard to the vessels usage. Trading, scouting, big game trophy hunting? Taking a commission from a research laboratory?

Perhaps when the legal administrations are finalised to the ownership of the vessel, missions could be discussed?"

He apologises for any confusion sown and tries to focus some discussion on gainful employ of the ship.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by bsongy »

...previously, out in the hallway...

Gunnar said
"Luckily i left my vacc suit on the ship. Just have to smuggle my gun and funds. Will let you know if that goes awry."

Hiro reponds "Let us know if you need any assistance. And you may want to work relatively quickly. No reason to rush it, but if things go badly, we may be departing rapidly. Oh yeah, you wouldn't by chance know of a way to patch our comms into the base communications system? It could be useful to address Octavia's employees directly."

...in the dining room, in the here and now...

Algos, Dev's lawyer talks.
Tyner, the lawyer talks.
Rutta, the lawyer talks.
Octavia talks.
Marcos talks.
Dev talks, but when she leaves the room to talk with Mr Algos, Hiro follows out into the halway, listens to what is said without comment, then follows Dev and Mr Algos back into the dining room.

The talking resumes with Octavia, Algos and Marcos making emotional pleads.

In his chair, Hiro remains silent, but switches his comms to Dev's channel, and keys the transmit button four times, making a clicking noises in Dev's earpiece, in order to covertly get her attention. Whenshe makes eye contact with Hiro, he has a raised eyebrow, as if to ask a question:"Should I speak?"

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by cybersavant »

bsongy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:19 am Hiro reponds "Let us know if you need any assistance. And you may want to work relatively quickly. No reason to rush it, but if things go badly, we may be departing rapidly. Oh yeah, you wouldn't by chance know of a way to patch our comms into the base communications system? It could be useful to address Octavia's employees directly."
Gunnar Thunarssen sends a quick reply. Probably is a way. I'm new here, though, and likely would get attention if i started to look around for the control center."
gaming since 1980

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

"So what's next in the menu?"

He refers to the discussions regarding the TTTS ship.

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#32 Post by KoboldStew »

bsongy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:19 am When she makes eye contact with Hiro, he has a raised eyebrow, as if to ask a question:"Should I speak?"
Dev nods to Hiro. She is disappointed in the lawyer she has hired, but knows that she can't say anything at this time. Certainly he was not needed for this, and his unwillingness to work for his client (her) and to prefer a 5000cr payout instead of what she had just offered him makes no sense to her if he is legit. She accepts that he might be compromised, and resolves to check the paperwork that he had provided her earlier on her own. It shouldn't affect the negotiations, even if it means her work over the previous several days has not had its effect.

For now she remains silent, and nods again.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by bsongy »

Dev said
Dev nods to Hiro....For now she remains silent, and nods again.

Hiro switches to Gunnar's comm channel and locks the TX button, so that he can hear everything that is said from here on.

"No."

Hiro continues, the first time he has talked during this meeting.
"No, that is not the situation at all." Hiro continues.

"Pardon me for my impoliteness, but each person here has spoken incorrectly, making claims based upon false assumptions, improper conclusions or well intentioned misunderstandings. I am sorry to have to point this out." Hiro bows, his right hand over his heart, to Dev, Marco and Monte, in apology for making such a public correction. He does not bow to Garrett because he has not said anything to correct, nor Gunnar, because he is not present in the room. Hiro makes a point of not bowing to Octavia or the lawyers.

"Please indulge me. This explanation make take a while."

"Octavia, you made a deal with me involving transferring my ship to you for another." Hiro pulls out a hand computer and plays a message from Octavia "...a ship for a ship.... "But since I have arrived here you acted like you could change the contract by fiat multiple times. You will note on that I never agreed to any modification of the original contract. A ship for a ship but you now stand here offering me 49 5/6% TITLE of the Train to the Stars in exchange for my Yacht. That is not a ship for a ship, therefore the contract is void. The Yacht remains my property."

"Lady Deveraux, it is not my place to inquire about your business affairs, but I believe you have a deal for Octavia to provide you a Yacht. Perhaps he is in violation of your contract also?"

"Mr Hulsebosch, I have the greatest empathy for you situation. I am going to have to contradict your claim initially, but please have patience. I assure you I will do my utmost to end with a situation agreeable to you."

"Ltjg Scott, you showed great initiative with your actions. I would like to make our relationship more permanent."

Hiro takes a deep breath, and explains "Octavia you claim hold 99 2/3% of the TITLE on Train to the Stars, while Mr Hulsebosch claims to hold 1/3% TITLE, correct? The truth is, The Train to the Stars was ABANDONED and a HAZARD TO NAVIGATION. Your TITLES were voided as soon as the ship was abandoned. Lady Deveraux, Mr Garrett, Mr Gunnar and myself, OWN the Train to the Stars, BY RIGHT OF SALVAGE. You can not sell us what you do not own."

Hiro expects a great deal of disagreements, counter-arguments, and so forth. He ignores them all.

"Of course you respond that the ship was never abandoned, that it was registered this whole time, and that you are the rightful owner. Perhaps you are correct, and our claim is just a legal fiction, but you would have to go to court to settle the matter, will you not."

"And the merit or lack of our claim is irrelevant, for there is a point you are missing. We four are the only ones with the current access codes to the Train to the Stars. We are in POSSESSION of the Train to the Stars. The relative strength or merit of your competing claims is irrelevant. We are in POSSESSION of the ship, and we will not surrender it. It is ours. You can not sell us what you are not in possession of."

"If you wish to make your claims in court, go ahead. We will depart with both the Train to the Stars and the Yacht. We can hire crew from Octavia's employees;they seem eager to depart. How long will it take an admiralty court to decide the case? Mind you, we don't have to win in court; we just need to stall for time, since we POSSES and have use of the ships while the matter is being decided. And you do realize I obtained my Yacht, which has a competing claim on the title, when I was 22. I am 54 now. If I have evaded the false claims and legal efforts for 32 years, how long do you think I can avoid your efforts? And, Octavia, don't you have some time critical business? How many decades can you delay that?"

"Another option, you could do something stupid. And I use stupid not as an insult or as mockery, but as a professional assessment. Stupid as in trying to seize the Train to the Stars. That would be piracy. Or trying to taking us captive. That would be kidnapping. Octavia you know enough about me, I am sure you understand what the result of such criminal activity would be." Hiro addresses Octavia, but is speaking for the sake of the two guards. " Octavia you are such a micro-manager. I bet your payroll is all under your direct control, is it not? If you got yourself killed stupidly, nobody would get paid, right?" Hiro pulls the 10KCr cash, a clear plastic envelope with a hundred 100CR notes, out of his boot and sets it on the table. "I however, am an appreciative man. I appreciate anyone who can show restraint when pressured to do something stupid. I hope you employees understand the importance of disobeying an unlawful order."

"But I really do not need two ships. So there is the option I argue for.And I would really prefer to have clear title on the ship."

"So hear is my deal
- we incorporate our trading company, with Lady Deveraux, Mr Garrett, Mr Gunnar and myself as senior officers, each holding one share in the company.
- Octavia pays Marcos 383 KCr for his 1/3% share in the TITLE
- Octavia will purchase my Yacht from me for 51.057MCr. Yes, yes I know that my yacht has wear and tear, and you value it at a much lower value. I don't care. After seeing the system, and what is in the starport, it appears to me that I have the only Yacht for sale, and you contractually owe Lady Deveraux a Yacht. Also I am pretty sick of your trying to change terms by fiat, so I feel you deserve a bit of fiat in response. My price is 51.057MCr. No negotiation.
- Octavia will then notional transfer title of the Yacht to Lady Deveraux, which completes his contractual obligation to her.
- Hiro will transfer the 51.057MCr to the trading company, in exchange for the title "Captain of the Ship"
- Lady Deveraux will transfer the Yacht to the Trading Company, in exchange for the title "Chief Operating Officer"
- Octavia will then transfer 100% of the TITLE of the Train to the Stars to the Holding company, in exchange for 46.057MCr and the Yacht
- The trading company will transfer 1/3% of the TITLE of the Train to the Stars to MARCOS in exchange for 1Cr. I think that is the right thing to do, considering the family connection.
- Marcos and Monte will have the option to each purchase 1 share in the trading company, in exchange for 38KCr. This includes option to serve onboard
- Octavia pays all of the costs with clean up, fueling and prep for departure already incurred.
- Octavia will sign a document clarifying that we are under no further obligation to him, that he will make no further claim of ownership on the Train to the Stars and supporting our claim on the ship.

Octavia. Say 'yes' and take the deal we are offering, or we will depart with both ships and you get nothing.

Hiro then addresses the others in the room:
Finally,as always each of you may do as they wish, but I tire of this foolishness. I will not negotiate any further. Each of you say whether you will accept the deal or not. If there are any No's I will depart, washing my hands of this affair.

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#34 Post by KoboldStew »

Dev is impressed, and yet again sees the value in having Hiro as a partner. This is the clarity she was looking for.

"Well said, Captain."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Stirling »

Marco Hulsebosch

Bursts out laughing as the stoic and impassive Watanabe San makes his claim.
The truth is, The Train to the Stars was ABANDONED and a HAZARD TO NAVIGATION. Your TITLES were voided as soon as the ship was abandoned.
"Your two presumptions are widely speculative and you can present no verifiable evidence to support such outrageous claim."

"but you would have to go to court to settle the matter, will you not."
"And neither I nor any other majority stakeholder such as Mr Blue have to do any such deliberations. Let me answer these two claims. The latter first is easily dismissed.

Salvage laws and claims might be complex insurance affairs. But let me substantiate some legal formalities. Needless to remind you the asteroid where as you remarked, 'the craft is parked' is not along any of the current regulatory trade routes. The only craft exploring that space without license are pirate craft. So it endangered no other craft for none navigated within its sphere of influence. Besides the ship was not boarded by you in open space but from within the confines of a secure purpose built facility. It is folly to suggest the asteroid itself presents an unknown hazard to shipping when that is a clearly marked and noted asteroid, whose presence and size is scribed on all navigational charts. The securely garaged TTTS is therefore 'not a danger' to navigation whatsoever.

Abandoned? Mothballed perhaps, crew made redundant, kept for spares and repair? Certainly not abandoned and derelict.

Those access codes that you threaten us with. Were they not provided to you? You are not the only ones with access to the ship. I believe Officer Nerevi furnished you with the keys. There was no forced entry or door inexcusably left open for squatters to use.

I also understand that the Vacc Suits you wore were not your own but provided by Mr Blue. They bore his tag numbers and identifiers. So you were provided with the equipment to board the ship. You did not just randomly find the vessel, but were taken there. As to its perceived abandonment, did you not also go to the vessel with fuel to fly it away. It seems the owner was making it serviceable again and you were willingly engaged to secure the craft.

And salvage rights have to be established as an immediate action at the first port that you enter so that any claims to legitimacy and ownership may be firmly established. Yet you disregarded that fact to conduct a marginally profitable trade instead. Your retrospective claim to own the vessel as a right of salvage has been lost. By ignorance rather than negligence, but lost nonetheless.

What you suggest now is borderline piracy."

He bites into another rib,

"Now Watanabe San, Ms Devereaux, Mr Blue, I will give you space to conduct your own negotiations but I reiterate that my marginal stakeholding is not yours to toss around ... like a meatless bone." he gesticulates with the spare rib. He dumps it on the money pile bribe offered to Octavia's guard.

He adds a single coin credit to the pile.
Octavia pays Marcos 383 KCr for his 1/3% share in the TITLE ...

The trading company will transfer 1/3% of the TITLE of the Train to the Stars to MARCOS in exchange for 1Cr ...

Marcos and Monte will have the option to each purchase 1 share in the trading company, in exchange for 38KCr. This includes option to serve onboard.
"I prefer to leave in the full $383kcr for Equal share not One. As a crew we fly facing the same risks and deserve the same rewards."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ateno »

His Lawyer and Octavia have a conference.

Tyner the Lawyer:

In response to your ‘ship for a ship comment’ Early in the last meeting Octavia said: Tyner plays also a blurb from the meeting in Octavia's voice.

"For full ownership of your shares in your two ships."

Both ships in the current condition in exchange for the Train.

In response to your comment about abandoned, out was not, Octavia owns the asteroid and knew where it was.

Mr. Blue’s last offer was just a offer, it was up to you to take it our not, Mr.Blue is not used to negotiation.

Mr. Hiro, I understand your also used to fast action, given your offer, Mr. Blue cannot agree.

But first Mr. Blue and I need to come in possession of a 1/3 of a share.

Both Tyner and Octavia turn to Marco.

Mr. Hulsebosch: I can offer you a Military grade vacc suit with a built in grav belt system and on board computer, 2 standard explosives supply crates and a custom heavy caliber revolver and your grandfathers ring, which was found in his old stateroom. You can see it on the log entry. The value is approximately 395,000 credits in exchange for your share. If that is acceptable.

Assuming it is, He can then deal in full manner with the two other primary’s.
If not, we can’t deal to the original agreement, but I will add Marco’s offered items to our offer to come to deal with the part owner Mr. Hulsebosch.

Octavia breaks in, Except the ring, which I will give to Mr. Hulseboch if an agreement is made with you two.

Tyner looks at Octavia and turns back with a definitive negation face.

Given previous statements, we are willing to go to court, but neither of us or you two want to.

Mr. Blue understands your position but is unable to meet it but will make a counter offer.

The original agreement was both of your ships for the train. We will also offer to clear this up and we can ll leave as friends.

Ms. Dev, you are worried about a next egg, Mr. Blue can offer 1.1 Megacredits for addition to your nest egg.

Mr. Hiro, We can fill your hold with trading material, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Supplies, Advanced Electronics and Luxury goods.

We then make the original deal, transfer titles and shake hands.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by bsongy »

Marco said:
Were they not provided to you?

"They were provided to me. and they were changed by me." respond Hiro.

Marco also said:
"I prefer to leave in the full $383kcr for Equal share not One. As a crew we fly facing the same risks and deserve the same rewards."

Hiro makes an odd expression. "You are not making yourself clear. One share is an equal share. Everyone involved will end up with one share ownership of the trading company. For 38KCr you get one seventh ownership in the holding company owning the Train to the Stars and with 5MCr in assets. In addition you will receive your original 1/3% ownership on top of that. That is a better deal than even for myself or Lady Devereaux. I tried to be very respectful of your interest. I do not understand how you can accuse me of treating your interests like a 'meatless bone'. Your comment makes no sense to me."

Tyners plays a recording:
"For full ownership of your shares in your two ships."

"Mr Tyner, can you play the recording of me agreeing to that? My signature on any documents? You can not, because my agreement was never given."

Tyner said:
In response to your comment about abandoned, out was not, Octavia owns the asteroid and knew where it was.

"No matter how strong you think your case is, nor how weak you think our claim is, you still need to make it in admiralty court, and it is in my best interest to draw out procedures as long as possible. And Octavia has time critical business. Isn't that correct?"

Tyner says:
, Mr.Blue is not used to negotiation.

Hiro responds "I have never met a person who is a more inept negotiator."

Tyner says:
Mr. Hiro, I understand your also used to fast action,

Hiro responds "Have I not been the most patient person here. Have I met every rabid statement with calm reflection? Have I not been slow to speak and then in only the most moderated manner. How have I rushed these proceedings? Your comment is nonsensical."

Octavia says:
Except the ring, which I will give to Mr. Hulseboch if an agreement is made with you two.

Hiro nods emphatically, believing Marco should get the ring.

Octavia says:
The original agreement was both of your ships for the train.

Hiro responds calmly "No. That was the third proposal from you, that I never accepted."

Octavia says:
We will also offer to clear this up and we can ll leave as friends.

"Do not presume my friendship. I will make that decision myself."

Octavia says:
Mr. Hiro, We can fill your hold with trading material, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Supplies, Advanced Electronics and Luxury goods

"First, that offer is so unbelievably vague it does not even constitute an offer. It is not even possible to accept or reject something so ill defined. What cargo? What dollar value? Buyer's inspection of the cargo? It is the same unprofessional behavior that you have exhibited since the very first moment dealing with you, you overstuffed popinjay." Hiro responds in an unnaturally calm, slow paced, clear tone.

Hiro continues "I suspect something. I feel you have come to some decision but, in keeping with previously observed behavior, you have hidden it like some intrigue, lacking the moral character to say what you choose."

Hiro pauses for a moment then in slow, moderated voice he says " I made the offer that I made. I told you that if you did not accept my offer I would leave with both ships. Instead of saying Yes or No, you have countered with a pile of ill defined crap. I think you have the crazy idea that you have the upper hand. I think you stupidly think you can prevent me from doing what I wish. You have deluded yourself into believing you can have what you want, with no concern for my wishes. No concern for keeping me happy. Perhaps you have that opinion because deep inside you have chosen the 'do something stupid option'. Is that True? Have you chosen something stupid? Have you chosen to stand between myself and what I want, The Train to the Stars with clear title?"

Hiro sits back in his chair. "Unlike Mr Tyner's claim, I am going to keep everything here calm and proceed without haste. I want you to think. I will give you a few moments to consider you inner heart. I want your decision to be made with full consideration of all the ramifications. Do you really want to oppose me? I understand there are many, many, many ways you could oppose me in what I want, all of them stupid. Is that hat you want to do? Would it get you what you want? How do you think I would react if you did something stupid? Have you considered the ramifications of your actions? How would it affect you acquiring your goals?"

Hiro pauses, calmly siting in his chair giving Octavia time to think.

"I stand by my options. Either Agree to my deal, with terms unmodified, though I am willing to accept trade goods or your marker in lieu of cash. Or allow me leave with both ships. Or do something stupid."

Leaning in, speaking softly, calmly, nalmost a whisper, Hiro says to Octavia "Are you going to do something stupid?"

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by ateno »

Ok, I'm at fault I misread the original Hiro's offer, Mia Kulpa

Octavia Laughs, "Told ya Tyner, he's to good. We almost pushed him to hard."

Octavia looks at Hiro.

"I give, you got me, I agree to your original deal Hiro, your 2 yachts for the Train, clear titles all around, after shuffling I pay 5 Megacredits. I don't have that in cash. I got 1.5 in cash and jewels, and Ill make it up with the cargo and whatever else I can scrounge together if you can trust me that far. And to a honored competitor, free starport space and support on this world for 5 years. But, but we still have to dear with Hulsebosch's share. My original offer for the 1/3 share still stands? I'm willing to deal, but I have offered is about what I have. And to show my good intentions."

He easily slides a ring off his finger and hands it to Mr. Rutta, who passes it to Marco.

"Should we let the lawyers work with that and we can have dinner? Or do you have something else for this?"

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by bsongy »

Octavia said:
[oc]your 2 yachts for the Train[/oc]

Hiro looks to Dev. Since the deal described involves both Hiro's and Dev's Yacht ending up in Octavia's possession, it is important to Hiro that Dev is okay with the transaction, that she is giving up her Yacht in exchange for a share in the trading company. The trading company's assets would include The Train to the Stars and the 5MCr of mixed cash and cargo.

If Dev or any other of the crew disapproves, Hiro will return to his hard stance with Octavia.

If everyone approves, he will return to his original quiet posture, siting placidly, observing everyone's conversation and discussions.

Hiro makes a point to return the TX button to its normal position. He then checks in with Gunnar, insuring explicitly that he us okay with the deal. "You may want to expedite departure preps. Octavia is aware of your departure. Be careful."

Hiro contemplates how close things came to becoming dangerous.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen listens to the negotiations as he passes through the checkpoint. Once he is free and clear, he will respond to Hiro where no one can overhear him.
gaming since 1980

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”