Player character to player character actions:

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Player character to player character actions:

#41 Post by Spearmint »

In the game calender, a spider silk collection could take a day, two or three at most. So feasible for you while others have two weeks in Helix.

The spider silk need is geared as an introductory, lower challenge expedition, suitable for new players or to get those extra xp to boost a character.

I just noted that your Harpy trip only took two in-game calendar days but a few months in real life.

So really, it is all about how quickly you post and I update.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Cwreando »

scottjen wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:46 am Fydmar
Durgo, saw somewhere you were looking at a spider silk quest. I'm in if you are looking for help.
Durgo

Looks like we might try a combined run and do a meet up with Moriartus along the way, if the timing of things workout.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Durgo, my thought as far as the mine goes to do some scouting and play it by ear. How much is dependent on our state of health. Either place could be deadly.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Spearmint »

I am not sure how Spearmint wants us to handle RPing with each other when we are so far apart on his timeline.

If we are here together, does that mean the stragglers automatically advance to the furthest along timeline?
Well you will both be in town after June 9th, post both expeditions. Technically in the chronology, you could both be in town prior to Sven leaving on his trek, but it just makes sense to do character to character stuff when you are both post-latest expeditions.

In line with that, you could all plan downtime to extend say to June 23rd as that gives Sven & co two weeks of time to rest and invest in spells plus Orgoth can collect the armour he paid for.

So consider these interactions during that 10th - 23rd June timeline.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Spearmint »

So Gerdal and Isvand return from the Snake-men quest at the same time as Sven and Orgoth return from Ironguard (June 3rd) so that means they can cash in their share of the hoard.

I have copy the link to Sven's post about the treasure share from the Ironguard thread

Both of them returning on zero hp and needing to rest then becomes a very natural reason they are not included upon the next Barrowmaze delve (June 5th - 9th).

I will get to making a Calendar thread so players can see where they are on any given days.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think this is supposed to happen here....
sastaz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:20 pm Gerdal
"Sven, is that you?"

She takes a few steps forward to confirm that it is indeed Sven.

"I just got back here, feels like ages ago we visited the barrows. What have you been up to, learned anything new since we last saw each other? I have a few new tricks up my sleeve, actually. I..." she leans in closer and whispers "can suck the life force out of living creatures." She stands straight again. "That, and I think in not too long time we don't have to worry about the undead, I think I've found a way to contro..."

"Actually, I have found a few manuscripts that I think you may find interesting. They're obviously descriptions of arcane feats, but nothing I could make use of. They seem more...academic...in nature. RIght down your alley."
"GERDAL!!! How are you doing? I was worried about you while we were gone, and apparently I was right to do so. WHAT happened to you? You look all.....beat up."

The young mage looks exceptionally interested in hearing about the woman's new skills, despite her concerning presentation. He almost jumps at the chance to see these arcane manuscripts she mentions.

"I trust that both you and Isvand received the little......package.....I left for you from Ironguard?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:37 pm "GERDAL!!! How are you doing? I was worried about you while we were gone, and apparently I was right to do so. WHAT happened to you? You look all.....beat up."

The young mage looks exceptionally interested in hearing about the woman's new skills, despite her concerning presentation. He almost jumps at the chance to see these arcane manuscripts she mentions.

"I trust that both you and Isvand received the little......package.....I left for you from Ironguard?"
Gerdal gives Sven her warmest grandma who just took the pastries out of the oven smile, and Harkazz wags his tail slowly, just barely visible on her one shoulder.

"Yes, it was quite an adventure to be honest. I joined an expedition, well me and Isvand actually, to root out a cult of snake men who'd been desecrating a Herne shrine and also ehrm turning the population into new snake men. Anyway, we were successful and defeated their evil queen. Raust, the druid of Herne, actually stayed in the cave to rule over the snake men as their new queen. Hmmm saying that out loud I realize it might not have been such a good idea. Who knows, she seemed dedicated and I'm sure she'll bend the will of the snake men tribe and make them do good etcetera."

She produces a couple of parchments.

"Anyway, I don't know if you find these interesting. These two I'm just barely able to discern. They both seem to deal with natural language. One is clearly a way to translate one language to another (Tounges), the other is somewhat more strange. You somehow...speak to an object and it will speak back, under certain conditions (Magic Mouth). Yes and also this one, which clearly allows you to breath underwater as if it would have been air (Water Breathing). I don't need that, both me and Harkazz (yes you are a good boy, yes you are) can do this naturally now."

SM I take it Gerdal can learn Feign Death herself as part of her spell list?

"And I did indeed get the package!" she smiles. "Seems it was worth all that trouble with the tapestry anyway, huh? Now I am going to get good use of those pearls. I still have some items from our last trip together that needs to be examined by a proffessional."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#48 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven’s eyes light up seeing the magical writings.

“You know……I have been thinking about that grave under the sea we found ever since the day we left it. Do you remember that one? I would love to go give that place another look sometime soon.”

“If you plan on staying around town for a while, perhaps I can attempt to discern what your items are in trade for these scrolls? Or did you have something else in mind?”

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:21 pm “If you plan on staying around town for a while, perhaps I can attempt to discern what your items are in trade for these scrolls? Or did you have something else in mind?”[/dialog]
Gerdal raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, you can do this now? You are a fast learner!

Why not, I have no need for them and who knows, maybe one day you'll save our lives by being able to talk to that ancient vampire lord in his own extinct language, right?"
She laughs.

She hands him the three scrolls. To keep it simple I will treat them as separate scrolls from the spells Gerdal is keeping. She and Sven is staying in Helix at the same time anyway, so they can share.

"Here, I hope they do you some good. Say, you did not find any writings that seemed more close to what I do during your last trip? I don't have formal studies like you do, but somehow I can pick up on certain ways to harness the mystical energies almost naturally. I just need to see or read how to."

So, there's three items to Identify: the claw grip goblet, the stars & moon patterned cloak and the blossoming rose necklace.

"By the way Sven, since you studied, do you know where people like you and me could turn to in order to purchase items with arcane properties. I mean, we've found quite a few items ourselves, there's bound to be items around found by others that could be up for sale, at the right price?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:21 pm Sven’s eyes light up seeing the magical writings.

“You know……I have been thinking about that grave under the sea we found ever since the day we left it. Do you remember that one? I would love to go give that place another look sometime soon.”
"Oh yes, how can I forget. We did ruin the entrance to that barrow though, didn't we. But yes, that would prove to be a very interesting trip for sure! Just let me know, I will be in Helix for at least a week. Same for you I guess, if you are to study those writings?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#51 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven shrugs. “You mean, like a magic shop? If that exists, I haven’t heard about it.”

“You know, we did find a couple scrolls with weird spells on them. Stuff I’ve never seen before. Peaches is holding them now, but I’m sure we could all share those as well, if she…….oh ya……we found a girl trapped in the maze. A spunky wizard named Peaches. Oh! Ya! And we saved a guy who was cursed into becoming a ravenous wandering zombie. He said he used to be an elf. We freed him from a cage with a bunch of other zombies who couldn’t talk……..and then he ate Truro. That part sucked. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you. Truro’s dead.”

The frazzled young man looses his train of thought for a moment, his head hung low, before eventually snapping out of it. “Hey! Maybe YOU could do something to help the zombie guy?”

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal

"Oh poor Truro. Wait, you found a girl in the maze? Speaking of which, Sven this is Patra-patra." Gerdal points at a albino middle aged woman with bleached curly hair dressed in a combination of silken robes worn in toga fashion and leather skirt and boots made from reptilian or crocodile skin. Patra-patra is probably staying in a corner looking at insects on the floor. "We found her in the caves of the snake cult, she was probably up for sacrifice. She doesn't really speak that much, but I've managed to gather that she is from some kind of subterranean culture. I don't really know what to do with her. She is shy, but seems like a good person."

At Sven's idea about helping the poor zombie, Gerdal has to think for a while.

"I don't know, maybe. Do you mean like reversing the process, turning undeath into life? Turning living people into undead seems easy enough, at least for those who are evil bent, but the other way around. I don't know if I ever heard about that? Did you ask the temple? Let me guess, you asked and they threw you out for only thinking such blasphemous thoughts, right? But for sure I can make him friendly and, well, act like a normal human. Maybe that would be merciful in a way? I must admit I never thought about this dilemma."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#53 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven is simply fascinated by Gerdals new friend, watching her uncomfortably for far too long.

“Wow……..that is…….she looks……..I’m not even sure…….”

“Have you tried speaking with her magically? I mean……I could attempt to comprehend what she is saying, but she wouldn’t necessarily understand me, per say.”

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal shakes her head.

"The thing is, she doesn't speak a lot, at all, so there's not much to comprehend. But I guess there is no harm in trying. Or wait, you did try something on Truro, right?

edited to have correct name
Last edited by sastaz on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#55 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think you mean Truro? Amos is fine.

Hoping he didn’t miss something obvious, Sven looks back concerned. “What do you mean? Try something? Like what?”

If Patra-patra is willing, Sven casts his Comprehend Languages and touches her on the arm before attempting to get her to say anything.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal tilts her head.

"Yes, someone said there was a rumor that your crew tried to keep a pet ghoul in the maze, and when Truro fell unconscious it started feeding on his intestines? But it's just a rumor, right? I don't even remember who told me that, I was very tired, could have misheard."

Gerdal tries to get Patra-Patra to stay in one place long enough for Sven to try out his spell, and follows the progress with great interest.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven looks aghast at such a suggestion.

“Come on! Do you really think we would be so careless as to let something like that happen?” He turns his head a little and looks the other way for a moment.

“We’re professionals now, remember?”

He explains to Gerdal that Patra-patra views her as some kind of shaman type or medicine woman, perhaps like her own mother or other matriarchs in her community.

“I think she looks up to you.”

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Stirling »

Any time while in the tavern: May 26th - June 26th.

Vann Hector sees fellow adventurers Sven and Orgoth in the tavern and comments he has seen their bulletin advert.
Future site of the *Adventurers Guild*.

If you are of sound mind and strong body, willing to risk life and limb to secure untold riches, consider joining yourself.

The fees are reasonable and the rewards far outweigh the risk.

Seek out Sven or Orgoth around town for more details. Their renown is already well known, as yours could soon be too.
"At least the Sauron threat and the commander of the Nergal undead has been dealt with. Whether you ... we ... can take advantage of that absence to fill any pockets with gold and any vacuums with power, who knows."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#59 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven eagerly greets Vann Hector upon their return from the ordeal with the death knight.

"I would like to hear all about how that mission went for you. I don't see the Lizardman shaman. Did he stay in the moors......or worse?"

Once the discussion turns to the Guild, the young mage is willing to discuss any opportunity to gain new members.

"Not trying to sound too pushy, but the benefits of joining the guild will far outweigh the few gold coins you will need to part with as a member."

He leans in closer and whispers to the elf. "We found the main entrance last time we were inside the maze. We could sure use another team leader or two, if you think you are up to the task of running a crew through the dungeon sometime. I will admit, it's pretty dangerous in there. But I think after your last quest, you are more than able."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector

"Well let me just say that Bharazd'had , Sauron Soothsayer, mystic and murderer is no more. He found some measure of redemption for his evils in the eyes of his god and Lord Krothos in serving the quest to defeat a knight of Nergal from his resurrection and leading an undead host to our doors.

To be truthful he was no hurt to us and his aid strengthened our cause. In other circumstances he may even have earned our trust and respect but for myself, I cannot get away from his part in skinning the ranger Basil. and neither could His Lordships or the Vicar.

Among my many sins, I am free of his bloodguilt."

He is happy to talk though not in too much detail (you can always read the expedition ooc).

"Among my colleagues, you have met Sir Dewey, the paladin of Ygg. We took a priest too, one of the new Futurus and a trio of mages. One a gnome who mesmerises folk with rainbow colours. I think he is keen on the Barrow labyrinth and has a portion of map, taken from a drawing on the beggar's buttocks.

The other two mages are capable. I wonder if they can be recruited to another endeavour using learning a spell or two as a sweetener."

He tries to provoke that thought in the Mage's mind, for as far as I am aware (judging in what I have seen) neither Sigrid or Sundance have a large number of spells beyond sleep or magic missile. (Which reminds me I promised as part of the mercenerary hire to pay the gold fee needed for Sundance to learn a new 1st level spell. 50gp?).

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”